+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Express Entry ranking system will be applied on Nov 19th (detail inside!)

kyuuan

Nov 30, 2016
kallucanada said:
My wife's ECA is in progress for her two degrees(3-years bachelor degree and 1-year bachelor degree) and I am anticipating it may complete soon. Shall I proceed to show my wife's ECA is done in my profile now?
You cannot because you do not have ECA# ready to fill in the form

KaZUcHen

Star Member
Jan 10, 2016
Lagos
Category........
Visa Office......
London VO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
2-04-2017
Nomination.....
22-02-2017
AOR Received.
12-04-2017
File Transfer...
27-07-2017
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
24-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
08-09-2017
kallucanada said:
My wife's ECA is in progress for her two degrees(3-years bachelor degree and 1-year bachelor degree) and I am anticipating it may complete soon. Shall I proceed to show my wife's ECA is done in my profile now?
You cannot because you'd need to quote her eca form number. My advice, be patient and do all to get the eca done quick

Ravi123456

Star Member
Nov 7, 2016
I have a basic question on EE.

Can we apply for PR through EE-ITA (6 months processing and will be federal PR) and PNP-Paper based (16 months and PR limited to province) at the same time ?

Will there be any complications other than having to pay the 550$ application fee for both of them?

I assume this is a common scenario and if there is already a post dedicated to this. Please proivde me link... Thanks

KaZUcHen

Star Member
Jan 10, 2016
Lagos
Category........
Visa Office......
London VO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
2-04-2017
Nomination.....
22-02-2017
AOR Received.
12-04-2017
File Transfer...
27-07-2017
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
24-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
08-09-2017
Ravi123456 said:

Can we apply for PR through EE-ITA (6 months processing and will be federal PR) and PNP-Paper based (16 months and PR limited to province) at the same time ?

Will there be any complications other than having to pay the 550$ application fee for both of them?

I assume this is a common scenario and if there is already a post dedicated to this. Please proivdee me link... Thanks
Yes you can apply for both, however, at the point of going to cic, you can chase just one application. You can't follow through with both applications until the end. Sadly, I can't remember the source of this info to send to you. I guess someone else may

KaZUcHen

Star Member
Jan 10, 2016
Lagos
Category........
Visa Office......
London VO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
2-04-2017
Nomination.....
22-02-2017
AOR Received.
12-04-2017
File Transfer...
27-07-2017
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
24-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
08-09-2017
sutyfornow said:
Is it ever expected that crs will fall to 450 points
Though no body can bet on any response to your question, but the truth is that we do not know the minds of RCIC. At a point 50 was impossible, but it still happened. Someday maybe 440 and even 430 may just happen. Also, by permutations and calculations, I would optimistically say yes, it can and would eventually go below magic number 450

g126

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2016
Sao Paulo
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
São Paulo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-01-2016
Doc's Request.
16-12-2016
Nomination.....
09-12-2016
AOR Received.
07-01-2017
File Transfer...
18-02-2017
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
15-12-2016
Passport Req..
16-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2017
LANDED..........
09-10-2017
KaZUcHen said:
Yes you can apply for both, however, at the point of going to cic, you can chase just one application. You can't follow through with both applications until the end. Sadly, I can't remember the source of this info to send to you. I guess someone else may
Actually some paper based applications such as AINP will be papear based all the way to the end and you won't go through EE.

There are others that once the nomination is issued you have to go through EE.

Ravi123456 said:

I assume this is a common scenario and if there is already a post dedicated to this. Please proivde me link... Thanks
Yes you can! The point is depending on the PT once your Nomination is issued you either carry on with the papear based application or you get the nomination attached to you EE profile and go through EE, basically once you get it you'll be told what path to take.

Ravi123456

Star Member
Nov 7, 2016
g126 said:
Actually some paper based applications such as AINP will be papear based all the way to the end and you won't go through EE.

There are others that once the nomination is issued you have to go through EE.

Yes you can! The point is depending on the PT once your Nomination is issued you either carry on with the papear based application or you get the nomination attached to you EE profile and go through EE, basically once you get it you'll be told what path to take.
Hi,

Thank-you for your replies. What I meant to ask is If someone is nominated by a province under a PNP stream (Example: SINP-International Skilled worker-Employment offer category) which doesn't go through EE and if the same person receives an ITA through EE by virtue of his education in Canada and skilled work experience in Canada ( ITA received will not have his PNP nomination information since the PNP he recieved is a non-express entry stream). He cannot mention in his EE profile that he has a PNP nomination because, if he mentions he has a PNP nomination then the province has to let CIC know about the nomination. The province wont do it because its not a nomination that can be used with express entry.

My question is Can he continue with both applications (Paper Based and EE?)

Thanks

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ravi123456 said:
Hi,

Thank-you for your replies. What I meant to ask is If someone is nominated by a province under a PNP stream (Example: SINP-International Skilled worker-Employment offer category) which doesn't go through EE and if the same person receives an ITA through EE by virtue of his education in Canada and skilled work experience in Canada ( ITA received will not have his PNP nomination information since the PNP he recieved is a non-express entry stream). He cannot mention in his EE profile that he has a PNP nomination because, if he mentions he has a PNP nomination then the province has to let CIC know about the nomination. The province wont do it because its not a nomination that can be used with express entry.

Thanks
At certain point both documents will meet in their internal system. My best advice is if you got ITA and managed to file for it, you shall also inform them which one you want to withdraw.

ggatsby

Dec 14, 2016
chinmay phadke said:
Hi Guys,

One of my friends updated her profile last monday as per new changes, but her points are not yet updated :eek:

Is this happening for any of you ??
Hi all, I'm new to this forum but have been finding it very helpful. Thanks to everyone for their contributions here. It can be tough to see how others are doing and find information elsewhere.

I have the same problem as above. I'm on a post-graduate work permit after finishing my bachelors degree. I updated my form with the new questions after Nov 19 and the form was transmitted. However, I haven't received the 30 points for Canadian Education. It's been a few weeks but no change to my score, which is currently at 466.

Am I doing something wrong? Has anyone else had this issue and were able to resolve it? I'm feeling a bit helpless.

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
ggatsby said:
Hi all, I'm new to this forum but have been finding it very helpful. Thanks to everyone for their contributions here. It can be tough to see how others are doing and find information elsewhere.

I have the same problem as above. I'm on a post-graduate work permit after finishing my bachelors degree. I updated my form with the new questions after Nov 19 and the form was transmitted. However, I haven't received the 30 points for Canadian Education. It's been a few weeks but no change to my score, which is currently at 466.

Am I doing something wrong? Has anyone else had this issue and were able to resolve it? I'm feeling a bit helpless.
There's a few questions you may have answered wrong. There's a few threads here listing this process. Please search for those. Some 'yes' 'no' answers may be wrong.

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
Torono said:
Hi,

After we get our nomination from OINP they send us the certificate via mail but unfortunately I didn't get mine yet and I got a call from Purolator about some shipment but they didn't provide me any tracking number. When Purolator called me, I was having my lunch and there is no way to write down my tracking number. I called them (Purolator) many times but no luck.

Any idea if I can go to OINP itself and request them new one or get the tracking number from them ? Your help/suggestions will be much appreciated.

Thanks!
Maybe, try calling them.

g126

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2016
Sao Paulo
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
São Paulo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-01-2016
Doc's Request.
16-12-2016
Nomination.....
09-12-2016
AOR Received.
07-01-2017
File Transfer...
18-02-2017
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
15-12-2016
Passport Req..
16-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2017
LANDED..........
09-10-2017
vensak said:
At certain point both documents will meet in their internal system. My best advice is if you got ITA and managed to file for it, you shall also inform them which one you want to withdraw.
Yes, you're quite right!

Ravi123456 said:
Hi,

Thanks
Simple... if you get your nomination from SINP and you already have an ITA then SINP will be unable to attach their NoM to your EE profile (since it already has an ITA) and they will cancel you NoM so that the can issue it to someone else.

I've seen this quite a few times on the OINP forums where OINP can't attach the NoM to someone via the EE system and they email the person asking them to provide evidence that they haven't got an ITA or another NoM.

Although I think you're asking the wrong questions here... Why would you go for a NoM (and pay the fees, gather the extra documentation and go through extra trouble) if you have a good chance to get an ITA? What is you current CRS score if you don't mind me asking?

ggatsby

Dec 14, 2016
kryt0n said:
There's a few questions you may have answered wrong. There's a few threads here listing this process. Please search for those. Some 'yes' 'no' answers may be wrong.
Thanks kryt0n! I'll look into it.

kanike2013

Star Member
Dec 14, 2016
Does anyone know the format of "Valid Job Offer Letter" to get additional 50 points for those who hold ICT and one year experience with the same employer mentioned in Work Permit?

It should be a separate document?

Because, my employer has agreed to give the Canadian experience letter which will list my pay, work hours and roles & responsibilities.
Is it ok to just mention on the same document about my employment after PR i.e., one year of minimum employment.

I know that no draw has happened after the change, any idea on the documents required to get 50 points.