+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Express Entry ranking system will be applied on Nov 19th (detail inside!)

simplynd2804

Mar 24, 2016
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
winnipeg141 said:
Hi Everyone,

As per CIC's latest announcement, Points will be awarded for job offers of eligible candidates here on LMIA exempt work permits. To my understanding, PGWP is an open work permit which is LMIA exempt as per code C43

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/work/opinion/codes.asp.

Does this mean more points will be awarded to International students in addition to 15-30 under new rules? Or just to certain categories like NAFTA, Intra company transfers, etc.

"Job offers

On November 19, 2016, the points awarded by the CRS for a job offer will change in three ways:

Points will be awarded for job offers of eligible candidates here on LMIA exempt work permits.

Many people in Canada temporarily on an employer specific LMIA-exempt work permit, but who want to stay in Canada permanently, will no longer need to get an LMIA to be awarded job offer points by the CRS. This includes candidates who are here under the North America Free Trade Agreement, a federal-provincial agreement, Mobilité Francophone, or who are intra-company transferees. The candidates must meet certain criteria, such as at least one year of work experience from the same employer who is providing their job offer."
See the highlighted part, PGWP is open work permit and not an employer specific so it doesn't qualify for 50 points.

egoo45

Aug 11, 2015
Does anyone try and find the information to their question by reading rather than asking?

This would be the fourth time this link is posted in this topic alone: http://news.gc.ca/web/article-en.do?nid=1153419

"
Points will be awarded for job offers of eligible candidates here on LMIA exempt work permits.

Many people in Canada temporarily on an employer specific LMIA-exempt work permit, but who want to stay in Canada permanently, will no longer need to get an LMIA to be awarded job offer points by the CRS. This includes candidates who are here under the North America Free Trade Agreement, a federal-provincial agreement, Mobilité Francophone, or who are intra-company transferees. The candidates must meet certain criteria, such as at least one year of work experience from the same employer who is providing their job offer.
"

It clearly says employer specific LMIA. So if your permit is an open work permit (ex. PGWP) you don't qualify.

If you are on an employer specific work permit and you are under the agreements in bold and you've worked for that employer for a year then your job offer qualifies.

DreamCanada16

Feb 11, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-09-2015
AOR Received.
09-09-2015
Passport Req..
6th December 2016
Improvements to Express Entry on the way
November 14, 2016—Ottawa, ON—Changes to Express Entry, which will take effect on November 19, are part of a number of improvements the Government is making on a continual basis to bring changes for a more fair and responsive immigration system that will address emerging needs and ensure long-term economic growth for the middle class.

Improvements include awarding points for job offers to eligible candidates already in Canada on Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) exempt work permits, and to international students who completed their studies in Canada. In addition, more time will be allocated to candidates to submit an application for permanent residence once an invitation to apply is received.

These improvements to Express Entry support the Global Skills Strategy, contribute to Canada's economic growth, drive innovation leading to new businesses, and assists employers in meeting labour market needs.

Highly skilled immigrants, such as those who come through the Express Entry system, help strengthen Canada’s competitiveness in the global marketplace and are able to quickly contribute to Canada’s economy and society. They help create jobs, spur innovation and provide opportunities that benefit Canada’s middle class.

“We have committed to doing more to attract highly skilled immigrants to come to Canada and become permanent residents, because this is important to build our economy and strengthen our society. I am confident that the changes to Express Entry will be one of the many positive outcomes of the changes we will be bringing to our immigration system.”

John McCallum, Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship

Source: http://news.gc.ca/web/article-en.do?mthd=index&crtr.page=1&nid=1153429

olgac

Star Member
Nov 14, 2016
moelaghil said:
Does anyone try and find the information to their question by reading rather than asking?

This would be the fourth time this link is posted in this topic alone:

"

Many people in Canada temporarily on an employer specific LMIA-exempt work permit, but who want to stay in Canada permanently, will no longer need to get an LMIA to be awarded job offer points by the CRS. This includes candidates who are here under the North America Free Trade Agreement, a federal-provincial agreement, Mobilité Francophone, or who are intra-company transferees. The candidates must meet certain criteria, such as at least one year of work experience from the same employer who is providing their job offer.
"

It clearly says employer specific LMIA. So if your permit is an open work permit (ex. PGWP) you don't qualify.

If you are on an employer specific work permit and you are under the agreements in bold and you've worked for that employer for a year then your job offer qualifies.
Thank you, of course I have been reading but IEC (International Experience Canada) is not under the North America Free Trade Agreement, a federal-provincial agreement, Mobilité Francophone, or who are intra-company transferees

So my questions hasn't been answered yet...

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
olgac said:
Thank you, of course I have been reading but IEC (International Experience Canada) is not under the North America Free Trade Agreement, a federal-provincial agreement, Mobilité Francophone, or who are intra-company transferees

So my questions hasn't been answered yet...
If it's not there, it doesn't count. You don't get any points for it.

An IEC is an open work permit. The points are for people with employer specific permits (actually written on them) who have completed a year of experience already.

olgac

Star Member
Nov 14, 2016
kryt0n said:
If it's not there, it doesn't count. You don't get any points for it.

An IEC is an open work permit. The points are for people with employer specific permits (actually written on them) who have completed a year of experience already.
I am under Young Professional, my employer is written on my work permit and I have already a year of experience with them

egoo45

Aug 11, 2015
olgac said:
I am under Young Professional, my employer is written on my work permit and I have already a year of experience with them
Here is the actual ministerial instruction definition (http://www.gazette.gc.ca/rp-pr/p1/2016/2016-11-12/html/notice-avis-eng.php):

Points for qualifying offer of arranged employment

29 (1) If a foreign national has a qualifying offer of arranged employment, they may be assigned points as follows:

(a) 200 points, if the offer is for employment in an occupation contained in Major Group 00 of the National Occupation Classification; or
(b) 50 points, if the offer is any other qualifying offer of arranged employment.

Qualifying offer of arranged employment

(2) A qualifying offer of employment is one of the following:

(a) an arranged employment as defined in subsection 82(1) of the Regulations, if
(i) the offer is supported by a valid assessment — provided by the Department of Employment and Social Development at the request of the employer or an officer and on the same basis as an assessment provided for the issuance of a work permit — that the requirements set out in subsection 203(1) of the Regulations with respect to the offer have been met,
(ii) the foreign national holds a valid work permit, the offer of employment is made by an employer for whom the foreign national currently works and who is specified on the work permit, the work permit was issued based on a positive determination made by an officer under subsection 203(1) of the Regulations with respect to the foreign national’s employment with that employer in an occupation that is listed in Skill Type 0 Management Occupations or Skill Level A or B of the National Occupational Classification matrix and the assessment provided by the Department of Employment and Social Development on the basis of which the determination was made is not suspended or revoked, or
(iii) the foreign national holds a valid work permit issued under the circumstances described in paragraph 204(a) or (c) or section 205 of the Regulations, the offer is made by an employer who is specified on the work permit and the foreign national works for that employer and has accumulated at least one year of full-time work experience, or the equivalent in part-time work, over a continuous period of work for that employer;
(b) an offer of continuous full-time employment for a total duration of at least one year from the day on which a permanent resident visa is issued in a skilled trade occupation as defined in subsection 87.2(1) of the Regulations that is made to the foreign national by up to two employers, neither of which is an embassy, high commission or consulate in Canada or an employer referred to in any of subparagraphs 200(3)(h)(i) to (iii) of the Regulations if
(i) the offer is supported by a valid assessment — provided by the Department of Employment and Social Development at the request of one or two employers or an officer and on the same basis as an assessment provided for the issuance of a work permit — that the requirements set out in subsection 203(1) of the Regulations with respect to the offer have been met,
(ii) the foreign national holds a valid work permit, the offer is made by up to two employers who are specified on the work permit, the foreign national currently works for one of those employers, the work permit was issued on the basis of a positive determination by an officer under subsection 203(1) of the Regulations with respect to their employment with their current employer, the assessment by the Department of Employment and Social Development on which the determination is based is not revoked or suspended, and the offer is in a skilled trade occupation that is in the same minor group set out in the National Occupational Classification as the occupation specified on the work permit, or
(iii) the foreign national holds a valid work permit issued under the circumstances described in paragraph 204(a) or (c) or section 205 of the Regulations that specifies the employer or employers that made the offer, and the foreign national works for an employer specified on the permit and has accumulated a total of at least one year of full-time work experience, or the equivalent in part-time work, over a continuous period of work for the employers who made the offer.
When they talk about paragraph 203, 204... etc. You can read about them here:
http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2002-227/page-40.html#h-112

winnipeg141

Star Member
Aug 1, 2015
If you don't feel like answering, then don't reply, simple. Of course I tried to search and find answer,however, there was still some confusion and wanted to clarify. There are people like Asivad who probably have explained same things thousand times to different people, but still willing to help as much as he can.

moelaghil said:

This would be the fourth time this link is posted in this topic alone: http://news.gc.ca/web/article-en.do?nid=1153419

"

"

olgac

Star Member
Nov 14, 2016
moelaghil said:
Here is the actual ministerial instruction definition

When they talk about paragraph 203, 204... etc. You can read about them here:
OMG!!! Thank you so much!!! I reckon is under 204, so yes I can get 50 points with my Young Professional

SrinivasG

Nov 10, 2016
Friends please help..

I am internal transferred to here and having more than 1 year exp.
My project is getting over in December end, so I have to move back to my country.

Should I have to be in Canada to get extra points and what happen if I move back?

sivasagi

Jan 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SrinivasG said:
Friends please help..

I am internal transferred to here and having more than 1 year exp.
My project is getting over in December end, so I have to move back to my country.

Should I have to be in Canada to get extra points and what happen if I move back?
I think they want people to be on the job while your PR is getting processed as it is an arranged offer.

Itsmee

Sep 28, 2015
IMPORTANT: Don't forget to update your profiles on November 19, 2016

"Those foreign nationals who would benefit from new points for Canadian study credentials or changes to job offer requirements will need to update their profiles and answer new questions to receive points".

Source: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/mi/express-entry.asp

Vignesh1988

Dec 28, 2015
I have 1 year experience under ICT visa. However, my work experience is not continuous.
Will I get additional 50 points?

ashu1710

Nov 7, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
21-12-2016
Vignesh1988 said:
I have 1 year experience under ICT visa. However, my work experience is not continuous.
Will I get additional 50 points?
Depends. Are you working for the employer mentioned on your work permit?