Interview........
TBD
Passport Req..
21-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
TBD
LANDED..........
TBD
I have asked this question before and didn't get a response and will try to ask once more :p,

1. Does anyone know what "Review of eligibility" means for the PA when the eligibility was done in Canada for the SA.
2. Usually how much time does it take, cuz the background check for my wife hasn't started yet.

I guess once the eligibility is done they will initiate the background which i am assuming is faster than it sounds (3-4 weeks tops) if i am not mistake.

3. Can anyone share their timelines if they have it please?

The CIC website is still down and i can access mycic, are others facing the same?

HarkiranKaur

Apr 22, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15 Jan
Doc's Request.
NA
AOR Received.
25 Feb
File Transfer...
21 Mar
Med's Request
4 Nov 16 (Remedical)
Med's Done....
16 Nov 16 (re-medical)
Passport Req..
22 Dec 16
VISA ISSUED...
06 Jan 17
LANDED..........
13 Jan 17
Dilsehajpreet said:
Recently checked they afe showing 18 months processing time..
That screen cap was literally from 5 mins ago saying13 months.

It only says 18 months if you select India in the last box. But if you notice it is directed at the sponsor asking who you are sponsoring. Spouse outside Canada. You as sponsor are applying from inside Canada.
You would only put India if you as the sponsor were in India. Then it's 18 months. If sponsor is in canada then it says 13 months and it's been like that for the last 2 months. It said 17 months before that. It also includes the sponsor approval time in the total so you know it's speaking about the full application not the sapplicant part. Full application was submitted in Canada. CIC sends it to NDVO you don't submit to to NDVO.

I think people have been doing the estimates wrong... it's only 13 months if sponsor is inside Canada and the application was submitted through case processing centre in Ontario.

dumdumhogayamein

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2012
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Mississauga - Sponsorship / IRCC Delhi - Spousal Immigration
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-07-2016
AOR Received.
AOR 1: 10-08-2016; AOR 2: 31-08-2016
File Transfer...
09-10-2016
Med's Request
Pre-Medical
Med's Done....
01-06-2016
Interview........
TBD
Passport Req..
21-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
TBD
LANDED..........
TBD
Dilsehajpreet said:
Dilsehajpreet said:
I did the same, it says 18 months. Do you how we can attach pics and screen captures

HarkiranKaur

Apr 22, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15 Jan
Doc's Request.
NA
AOR Received.
25 Feb
File Transfer...
21 Mar
Med's Request
4 Nov 16 (Remedical)
Med's Done....
16 Nov 16 (re-medical)
Passport Req..
22 Dec 16
VISA ISSUED...
06 Jan 17
LANDED..........
13 Jan 17
dumdumhogayamein said:
I did the same, it says 18 months. Do you how we can attach pics and screen captures
I just did it again and scrolled down more and you can see it was updated Oct 11. Are you selecting Family Sponsorship, spouse living outside Canada, Canada as the options?

It only shows 18 months if you select applied in India. But it's asking the sponsor. You as sponsor where did you apply? If sponsor is in Canada you put Canada not India.

dumdumhogayamein

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2012
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-07-2016
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
09-10-2016
Med's Request
Pre-Medical
Med's Done....
01-06-2016
Interview........
TBD
Passport Req..
21-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
TBD
LANDED..........
TBD
HarkiranKaur said:
I just did it again and scrolled down more and you can see it was updated Oct 11. Are you selecting Family Sponsorship, spouse living outside Canada, Canada as the options?

Please change the Country Canada to India.

HarkiranKaur

Apr 22, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15 Jan
Doc's Request.
NA
AOR Received.
25 Feb
File Transfer...
21 Mar
Med's Request
4 Nov 16 (Remedical)
Med's Done....
16 Nov 16 (re-medical)
Passport Req..
22 Dec 16
VISA ISSUED...
06 Jan 17
LANDED..........
13 Jan 17
dumdumhogayamein said:
Please change the Country Canada to India.
Im not in India. My husband the applicant is. Me the sponsor I am in Canada. It's asking where the sponsor applied from! If I the sponsor was currently living in India with my husband and we applied from there then you would select India. Notice it says who did you sponsor and where did YOU apply from? If the sponsor is in Canada then you choose Canada. They already know the spouse (applicant) is outside Canada!!! It's only 18 months if BOTH the sponsor and applicant are in a India!!

dumdumhogayamein

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2012
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-07-2016
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
09-10-2016
Med's Request
Pre-Medical
Med's Done....
01-06-2016
Interview........
TBD
Passport Req..
21-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
TBD
LANDED..........
TBD
HarkiranKaur said:
Im not in India. My husband the applicant is. Me the sponsor I am in Canada. It's asking where the sponsor applied from! If I the sponsor was currently living in India with my husband and we applied from there then you would select India. Notice it says who did you sponsor and where did YOU apply from? If the sponsor is in Canada then you choose Canada. They already know the spouse (applicant) is outside Canada!!! It's only 18 months if BOTH the sponsor and applicant are in a India!!
You have a valid point

muskaan24

Star Member
May 12, 2016
dumdumhogayamein said:
This is good, and at the same time NEW. Earlier it was 19 months which they reduced it to 18 months and now like you have posted here its become 13 months. Still better but not that great, it should be made to 5 months tops and thats it.

thanks for sharing this.
Where you applying from should be india not canada, you will get the actual time listed on website

muskaan24

Star Member
May 12, 2016
dumdumhogayamein said:
You have a valid point
Guys, why are you complicating this, it depends on visa office and I am sure we are mature enough to understand the files are in NDVO and not ottawa office. So it is 18 months..

HarkiranKaur

Apr 22, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15 Jan
Doc's Request.
NA
AOR Received.
25 Feb
File Transfer...
21 Mar
Med's Request
4 Nov 16 (Remedical)
Med's Done....
16 Nov 16 (re-medical)
Passport Req..
22 Dec 16
VISA ISSUED...
06 Jan 17
LANDED..........
13 Jan 17
muskaan24 said:
Where you applying from should be india not canada, you will get the actual time listed on website
I did not apply from India. It's asking the SPONSOR who did you apply to sponsor. Answer spouse living outside Canada. Where did YOU apply from (it's not asking where the applicant lives. It's asking where you the sponsor applied from!!! (If YOU are inside or outside Canada. You would only put India there if the sponsor was also currently living in india with the applicant! If the sponsor is in Canada and sent the application to Ottawa then you put Canada there!

There used to be a selection for the applicant country however as of Dec 2015 that changed as now the estimate is for the entire world as they now share the applications around the world. Meaning an Indian doesn't necessarily mean the application will end up in New Delhi anymore. That option was removed from the estimate page in December! The question where are YOU applying from is directed at the sponsor NOT the applicant (right above it asks who you sponsored!) It already knows the applicant is outside Canada so makes no sense that an applicant in India could apply within Canada could they?
Correct answer in that box is Canada --- unless the sponsor is also currently in India and the original file was sent inside India! Then it takes longer because the sponsor part also has to be processed through NDVO and the sponsor has to prove they are moving back to Canada as well. The correct estimate is 13 months. Not 18 months unless both the sponsor and applicant are in India.

muskaan24 said:
Guys, why are you complicating this, it depends on visa office and I am sure we are mature enough to understand the files are in NDVO and not ottawa office. So it is 18 months..
The visa office doesn't matter anymore...

From CIC website:

Why did processing times information change?

Prior to December 31, 2015, processing times for many of our services were displayed by visa office. This was useful when applications for permanent or temporary residence were always processed by the nearest visa office. However, we now have the ability to move applications around our global network to ensure they are processed as efficiently as possible. This means your application may not be processed at the office closest to where you live.

Because of that there is only a processing time globally now. Unless the sponsor is also outside Canada then it changes. An Indian applicant could end up with their file in UK or Sri Lanka etc to be processed now. The change was to try to alleviate some of the backlog in countries that had much heavier workload.

In vast majority of cases applications are submitted by the sponsor inside Canada. So most people should be clicking Canada in the third box. Only exception is sponsor also living outside Canada and then it goes by what country they submitted it from. It's always the sponsor who applies.

muskaan24

Star Member
May 12, 2016
HarkiranKaur said:
I did not apply from India. It's asking the SPONSOR who did you apply to sponsor. Answer spouse living outside Canada. Where did YOU apply from (it's not asking where the applicant lives. It's asking where you the sponsor applied from!!! (If YOU are inside or outside Canada. You would only put India there if the sponsor was also currently living in india with the applicant! If the sponsor is in Canada and sent the application to Ottawa then you put Canada there!

There used to be a selection for the applicant country however as of Dec 2015 that changed as now the estimate is for the entire world as they now share the applications around the world. Meaning an Indian doesn't necessarily mean the application will end up in New Delhi anymore. That option was removed from the estimate page in December! The question where are YOU applying from is directed at the sponsor NOT the applicant (right above it asks who you sponsored!) It already knows the applicant is outside Canada so makes no sense that an applicant in India could apply within Canada could they?
Correct answer in that box is Canada --- unless the sponsor is also currently in India and the original file was sent inside India! Then it takes longer because the sponsor part also has to be processed through NDVO and the sponsor has to prove they are moving back to Canada as well. The correct estimate is 13 months. Not 18 months unless both the sponsor and applicant are in India.

The visa office doesn't matter anymore...

From CIC website:

Why did processing times information change?

Prior to December 31, 2015, processing times for many of our services were displayed by visa office. This was useful when applications for permanent or temporary residence were always processed by the nearest visa office. However, we now have the ability to move applications around our global network to ensure they are processed as efficiently as possible. This means your application may not be processed at the office closest to where you live.

Because of that there is only a processing time globally now. Unless the sponsor is also outside Canada then it changes. An Indian applicant could end up with their file in UK or Sri Lanka etc to be processed now. The change was to try to alleviate some of the backlog in countries that had much heavier workload.

In vast majority of cases applications are submitted by the sponsor inside Canada. So most people should be clicking Canada in the third box. Only exception is sponsor also living outside Canada and then it goes by what country they submitted it from. It's always the sponsor who applies.
Hard to explain and I avoid writing such long letters... Anyways we have to wait, so let's be patient for now and look forward for updates..

But just to clarify your point on visa office, i am sure the applicant on your side would have got email from NDVO... So they wouldn't throw the file to some other visa office and take it back once the processing is done to issue ppr's.. Lol

Also as everyone in the world is sending their application to mississauga cpc, that means they should select canada in the drop down? Then why the hell they have listed all the countries there? Also why there is a difference between the processing times for the countries? Brain is a very important factor in understanding all this and we need to use it sometimes...

Dilsehajpreet

Star Member
Oct 2, 2016
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-may-2016
AOR Received.
12 june 2016
File Transfer...
2 Aug 2016 (Aor2)
Med's Done....
03-03-2016
Interview........
Not require this time
Passport Req..
Not yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not yet
LANDED..........
Not yet
HarkiranKaur said:
Agree harkiran....
Few days before my husband also told me same tht its 13 months...
But one of my friend did MP inquire.. they told them that processing time is 18 month they can t do anythng before that...
I also read at here who did MP inquie they also said d same

patel12345

Sep 30, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
NA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-3-2016
Doc's Request.
NOT YET
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
28-04-2016
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
09-05-2016
Med's Request
NA
Med's Done....
PREMEDICAL
Interview........
NOT YET
Passport Req..
WAITING
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
HarkiranKaur said:
How can you say average is 7-9 months "depending on case" you make it sound like some of us have issues that would make it longer. We applied for my husband and CIC received 15 January. After I got SA, NDVO received his application on 21 March. Not a SINGLE thing has been done since then. The file has not even been opened since then! So there is nothing in our file that would make CIC need to take longer.

Do you know how hard it is to see every few days more and more people who applied LONG after we did, getting PPR?? And while ours still remains at eligibility in progress and everything else not started. There are people who didn't even apply until April (after my husband's application was already in New Delhi) who have gotten PPR and some even have landed in Canada now. Meanwhile my husband's application is still not even touched since it got to Delhi! I am getting so frustrated and upset! :(
same thing happening with me...i am 15th march applicant...just eligibility is in process other than this not started...Wahhhh NDVO....Really this is family reunification...???

Rainasar

Star Member
Aug 5, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12 FEB 2016
AOR Received.
22 MAR 2016
File Transfer...
28 MAR2016
Med's Done....
26-01-2016
muskaan24 said:
Hard to explain and I avoid writing such long letters... Anyways we have to wait, so let's be patient for now and look forward for updates..

But just to clarify your point on visa office, i am sure the applicant on your side would have got email from NDVO... So they wouldn't throw the file to some other visa office and take it back once the processing is done to issue ppr's.. Lol

Also as everyone in the world is sending their application to mississauga cpc, that means they should select canada in the drop down? Then why the hell they have listed all the countries there? Also why there is a difference between the processing times for the countries? Brain is a very important factor in understanding all this and we need to use it sometimes...
man you guys are hilarious, we are sitting here and fighting about little technical details, whereas IRCC doesnt even follows its own mandate for first come first serve basis. If that were the case we would all still be behind 2015 cases instead of 2016 applicants getting DM and PPRs. There is no method to this madness so how can you speak with any certainty.

HarkiranKaur

Apr 22, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15 Jan
Doc's Request.
NA
AOR Received.
25 Feb
File Transfer...
21 Mar
Med's Request
4 Nov 16 (Remedical)
Med's Done....
16 Nov 16 (re-medical)
Passport Req..
22 Dec 16
VISA ISSUED...
06 Jan 17
LANDED..........
13 Jan 17
Dilsehajpreet said:
Agree harkiran....
Few days before my husband also told me same tht its 13 months...
But one of my friend did MP inquire.. they told them that processing time is 18 month they can t do anythng before that...
I also read at here who did MP inquie they also said d same
That's just a standard MP response... not that they are giving accurate estimate times.