+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NEW DELHI APPLICATION SENT 2010 awaiting background checks

Indra1981

Feb 10, 2012
I sent my spousal application in July of 2010. Background checks were initiated in December of 2010. CIC enquires division has told me part of the background checks were finished in December 2011. CSIS has yet to get back to me - but the first letter they sent stated they were done with checks in Jan 12, 2012? What does this all mean and how much longer can they take? We knew it would take a while because my husband has lived in India and UK - but we didnt anticipate it taking this long - can someone shed some light?
- Indra

newdelhi2011

Nov 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2011
File Transfer...
08-11-2011
Med's Done....
july 2011
Passport Req..
14-12-2011
BC shouldn't take that long, unless he has a criminal record in any of these countries.
How long he stayed in foreign countries? and which kind of status he had?

Indra1981

Feb 10, 2012
I assure you he has no criminal records. He is of SriLankan descent but has only been in SL less than 6 months 1X since the age of 7. Lived in India his since the age of 7. He was in Britain on a student visa - which eventually expired and he returned to India. We thought for these two reasons they may be taking their time - should we go to a lawyer? Can they prolong this background clearance for another year? is there a limit?

Indra

newdelhi2011

Nov 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2011
File Transfer...
08-11-2011
Med's Done....
july 2011
Passport Req..
14-12-2011
I don't see how hiring a lawyer will help. You could consult some lawyer to see if they have ways to expedite background check but from my understanding we have no control on that process.
You could send them an email/CSE, just to see what they are up to and to wake them up.
Background check is the last step in process so hopefully you wouldn't have to wait too much once that is done.

Indra1981

Feb 10, 2012
I have sent many emails to CIC over the last 18 months, either through me or a MP. Same reply each time - background checks pending.

CSIS sent me a letter in early Jan 2012 stating that they received the request on December 20, 2010 and finished checks in Jan 12, 2011; the letter that was sent to me in Jan 2012 was dated Jan 2011. So, I was skeptical because it was dated wrong and that when people were waiting months – our checks were done in 3 weeks over a holiday period :S???. So I called CSIS and they told me that is a mistake that I should send a fax to re-clarify. Still waiting on that

CIC told me this yesterday…here is the reply

“This is in reply to your e-mail of January 13, 2012, addressed to the Honourable Jason Kenney, Minister of Citizenship, Immigration and Multiculturalism, regarding the status of your husband’s application for permanent residence.

Regrettably, our records show that only part of your husband’s background checks were completed in December 2011. Some background checks are still outstanding. Visa officers in New Delhi will contact your husband if additional information and/or documents are necessary.”

WhAT DOES THIS ALL MEAN

They cant keep continuing like this when there is no basis for background checks – for god sakes UK let him in for a student visa. He is no security threat and he holds no criminal records. How can they prolong this with no accountability?

DO PMM or LEON have an answer?

ashunandal

Champion Member
Jun 23, 2011
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 26, 2012
File Transfer...
May 1, 2012
Interview........
July 31, 2012 (approved) went "in process" same day
Passport Req..
May 10, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Visa stamped on August 3, 2012 and passport received back on August 13, 2012
LANDED..........
Oct 21, 2012
Indra1981 said:
I sent my spousal application in July of 2010. Background checks were initiated in December of 2010. CIC enquires division has told me part of the background checks were finished in December 2011. CSIS has yet to get back to me - but the first letter they sent stated they were done with checks in Jan 12, 2012? What does this all mean and how much longer can they take? We knew it would take a while because my husband has lived in India and UK - but we didnt anticipate it taking this long - can someone shed some light?
- Indra
hi Indra
i think its really too long to wait but i am also in same situation. i am from india and went to uk for studies. now i have applied for spouse visa canada. i got worried after reading your post. did your husband submit police clearance from both countries india as well as Uk??
best of luck

ashunandal

Champion Member
Jun 23, 2011
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 26, 2012
File Transfer...
May 1, 2012
Interview........
Passport Req..
May 10, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Oct 21, 2012
Indra1981 said:
I assure you he has no criminal records. He is of SriLankan descent but has only been in SL less than 6 months 1X since the age of 7. Lived in India his since the age of 7. He was in Britain on a student visa - which eventually expired and he returned to India. We thought for these two reasons they may be taking their time - should we go to a lawyer? Can they prolong this background clearance for another year? is there a limit?

Indra
hi Indra
can you please share some more information about your situation like
is it inland or outland application?
did your husband provide PCC for both countries?
how long he was in UK?
he returned before his visa expires or not?
did you get sponsor approval? if yes, when?
your husband is srilankan or indian?
best of luck

newdelhi2011

Nov 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2011
File Transfer...
08-11-2011
Med's Done....
july 2011
Passport Req..
14-12-2011
ashunandal,

she has already answered all those questions if you read her posts.
This kind of long BC rarely happens but when they do, it takes really long time. i know another innocent applicant on this forum who has been waiting for BC from long time too..
No need to panic for you.

You can find more ppl from ND office on this thread.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/thread-for-applicants-of-new-delhi-2010-t45583.0.html

ashunandal

Champion Member
Jun 23, 2011
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 26, 2012
File Transfer...
May 1, 2012
Interview........
Passport Req..
May 10, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Oct 21, 2012
newdelhi2011 said:
ashunandal,

she has already answered all those questions if you read her posts.
This kind of long BC rarely happens but when they do, it takes really long time. i know another innocent applicant on this forum who has been waiting for BC from long time too..
No need to panic for you.

You can find more ppl from ND office on this thread.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/thread-for-applicants-of-new-delhi-2010-t45583.0.html
thanks newdelhi
it means i should be ready for a very-very long BC process :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Indra1981

Feb 10, 2012
ashunandal ...as for your questions

outland, PCC given for UK & India, 6 years, expired, got sponsor approval. Srilankan

Newdelhi2011 is right each case is different - im just searching for a way to find answers because theres no sense or reason as to why our BC checks are taking this long. I wish someone there had a heart.

Indra1981

Feb 10, 2012
CSIS finally clarified that they actually finished their screening in Jan 2011. So CIC has been doing "backgroundn checks" since then. I emailed CIC enquiries division here in Canada to see what the hold up is and I asked CBSA and RCMP if a request was made for screening - i dont know if anything will come of this. Does anyone know how to find ur bring forward date without having to do a CAIPS report? Can they make BFdates a year?

newdelhi2011

Nov 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2011
File Transfer...
08-11-2011
Med's Done....
july 2011
Passport Req..
14-12-2011
hi,
I don't think they would make BFD to a year. It's usually 30 days from what i have heard in this forum. I don't think you will be able to find that date without CAIPS notes.

gurish28

Oct 27, 2011
newdelhi2011 said:
hi,
I don't think they would make BFD to a year. It's usually 30 days from what i have heard in this forum. I don't think you will be able to find that date without CAIPS notes.
Hello, I am hoping someone can assist me with my inquiry.

Could someone please let me know who conducts background checks for outland applications. (New Delhi office for me). Is it CSIS/CBSA or an outside agency hired by New delhi.

Could someone please pelase let me know.

Thanks in advance.

Indra1981

Feb 10, 2012
gurish - what im finding from my research is that they defintely will use CSIS. Im not sure who the other agencies are, if any. CBSA and CIC have a pact (MOU 2006) so im sure they use them for services. From what the enquires division tells me CIC office themselves will verify things as part of screening (ie. call employers etc.) If you find more info please let me know.

gurish28

Oct 27, 2011
Indra1981 said:
gurish - what im finding from my research is that they defintely will use CSIS. Im not sure who the other agencies are, if any. CBSA and CIC have a pact (MOU 2006) so im sure they use them for services. From what the enquires division tells me CIC office themselves will verify things as part of screening (ie. call employers etc.) If you find more info please let me know.
Hi Indria.

I did get a response from CSIS saying they had did receive the request and completed the serach in April. HOwerver it took New Delhi 3 months to update the file. I also wrote to CBSA but they said they can't confirm whether they received it or not and asked me to follow up directly with CIC in New delhi.