Oct 12th, 2015 passed, remedial request on same day
Passport Req..
Nov 2nd, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 6, 2015
LANDED..........
waiting
buggleboy said:
Fiza - I agree with you. When I applied last year the application check list does not ask for Canadian citizen's/PR to submit their divorce petition. They only ask for a decree. However the person (spouse obviously) being sponsored needs to submit both - decree and petition (which we did). After sponsorship approval, my wife was asked to submit my petition too and unfortunately I did not receive any petition officially in hand because my divorce was ex-party (in absentia) and my ex-wife moved back to India for good and filed the petition in India. She sent me the petition to a Canadian address and I had moved out of this address for good and did not direct Canada Post to forward my mail.

I have explained all the above facts to NDVO and so far (another day has passed by) it's still a waiting game. Let's see how it goes.
That's not true. If you look at sponsored person's ( Applicant) checklist, it asks specifically if you have divorced provide petition, divorce certificate and any document pertaining to custody if there were any kids. It doesn't ask anything from the sponsor. it's only for the applicant.

NDVO loves making its own rules....and worse part is we cannot even object. We have to bow down since it involves your life. So upset with all this immigration BS.

buggleboy

Jan 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
Doc's Request.
15-09-2014
AOR Received.
25-05-2014
File Transfer...
17-06-2014
Med's Done....
23-02-2014 and 20-05-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Hope soon
LANDED..........
on a TRV now but soon on perm. basis
Fiza - That's exactly what I said. Sponsored person (in this case my wife) need to submit petition and divorce decree/photocopy of divorce certificate AND I don't believe that they ask for a petition from sponsor(which in this case is myself). All they ask is divorce certificate (based on item # 16 of IMM 5491) from sponsor.

As said by you NDVO has it's own way of working and as you said we have to bow to them to get the landing document asap.

ManjitandJasteven

Feb 25, 2015
Punjab to Surrey
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-Oct-2014
File Transfer...
21-Jan-2015
Med's Done....
22-Sept-2014
Passport Req..
Soon
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
LANDED..........
Soon
Can someone please help me.
When they updated my address they put a wrong address for mailing address
How can I change it to the right address
Is there a phone number I can call? Do I have to send them a letter?
Please help

buggleboy

Jan 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
Doc's Request.
15-09-2014
AOR Received.
25-05-2014
File Transfer...
17-06-2014
Med's Done....
23-02-2014 and 20-05-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Hope soon
LANDED..........
on a TRV now but soon on perm. basis
Where are you currently located ManjitandJasteven? Canada or India? If Canada call their 1-800 number and explain the situation and then ask them to update the address to a correct one. If in India, then I would email them the correct address and also send a letter by post informing the correct address (I would send this letter by FedEx or Blue Dart so that I can track the package with acknowledgement). Hope this helps.

draxz1289

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October/28/2014
AOR Received.
Feb/04/2015, IP Since Feb/04/2015
File Transfer...
Jan/19/2015
Med's Request
Re-Medicals - Sept/23/2015
Med's Done....
Sept/04/2014
Passport Req..
Jan/18/2016
VISA ISSUED...
Oct/09/2015
LANDED..........
Feb/05/2016
ManjitandJasteven said:
Can someone please help me.
When they updated my address they put a wrong address for mailing address
How can I change it to the right address
Is there a phone number I can call? Do I have to send them a letter?
Please help
All address change has to be in writing from the applicant to the visa office.

We had emailed NDVO and got a reply saying that the applicant has to email or mail them a letter outlining the change in address and has to be signed.

missmywife

Star Member
Mar 5, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NVDO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-2015
AOR Received.
21-05-2015
File Transfer...
12-06-2015
Med's Request
25-02-2016
Med's Done....
26-02-2016
Interview........
DM: Mar 20 2016
newbie to the forum...I posted in the sticky thread as wel.... first I would like to thank all the contributing members on this forum...you guys take time off your regular day and help people like me out....no amount of gratitude is sufficient for what you guys do.

I joined this forum to seek some help and guidance with my situation and hopefully there will be a time when I can repay the community back by helping others in the future.

I am a canadian citizen living and working in Toronto. I just got married to a wonderful lady back in my home country India. It was an arranged marriage. Now I am back in Canada and want to apply for my wifes PR so that we can start out lives together here.

1) To start off I was wondering if there is a list here on this forum somehwere of the total forms that need to be filled out and submitted for this tedious process.

I did a lot of reading here on this forum and on CIC's website. Here is a list I came up with for the forms that I, as a sponsor, need to fill out:

IMM1344E
IMM5481E
IMM5491E
IMM5540E
IMM5406E
IMM5490E
Document Checklist IMM5491E

Can someone please let me know if this is the right list or if I hve missed anything.

2) Does anyone have a list of forms that my wife would have to fill out?

3) Are there any tips and pointers that members can share so that people like me can benefit by not making some simple errors, or certain things in order to expedite the process.

Thank you all in advance!!!!

innosense

Feb 13, 2014
Toronto / Chennai
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-Aug-2014
File Transfer...
IP: 7-Apr-2015
Passport Req..
DM: 30-May-2015
LANDED..........
10-Jun-2015
missmywife said:
newbie to the forum...I posted in the sticky thread as wel.... first I would like to thank all the contributing members on this forum...you guys take time off your regular day and help people like me out....no amount of gratitude is sufficient for what you guys do.

I joined this forum to seek some help and guidance with my situation and hopefully there will be a time when I can repay the community back by helping others in the future.

I am a canadian citizen living and working in Toronto. I just got married to a wonderful lady back in my home country India. It was an arranged marriage. Now I am back in Canada and want to apply for my wifes PR so that we can start out lives together here.

1) To start off I was wondering if there is a list here on this forum somehwere of the total forms that need to be filled out and submitted for this tedious process.

I did a lot of reading here on this forum and on CIC's website. Here is a list I came up with for the forms that I, as a sponsor, need to fill out:

IMM1344E
IMM5481E
IMM5491E
IMM5540E
IMM5406E
IMM5490E

Can someone please let me know if this is the right list or if I hve missed anything.

3) Are there any tips and pointers that members can share so that people like me can benefit by not making some simple errors, or certain things in order to expedite the process.

I hope you went thru this CIC link. Its pretty straightforward as far as the list of forms go. As for the proof of relationship, submit anything and everything you can right from day 1 of knowing your wife.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/fc.asp

ydj_dil

Apr 7, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-May-2014
AOR Received.
28-Jul-2014
File Transfer...
01-Aug-2014
Med's Done....
01-Nov-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17-Mar-2015
missmywife said:

IMM1344E
IMM5481E
IMM5491E
IMM5540E
IMM5406E
IMM5490E

My advice:
1. Do your medicals right before you submit your application. This will avoid remedical headaches that we had.
2. Write good long answers for relationship questions. And be happy and positive in answers.
3. Ask yours and her parents and friends to give you letters saying how good a couple you both are. I know your parents will say "Nooooooo, I can't write, you write and I will just sign", but somehow provide these letters of reference with your application.
4. When your spouse sends you their application package from India, ask them to send multiple packages, all signed. You never know when coffee will spill over on your application. Also ask them to send blank papers from India. Indian paper size is different, and you may need to make a correction in one of their forms after you receive them (hopefully not the page that has the signature).
5. Attach chats, phone logs, travel documentation etc. and reference them in your relationship answers ("I went to India to see my spouse on this day - see this boarding pass").
6. Put everything in Dropbox or some such place where you can organize things properly between you two. Also avoids computer crashes problems, and can work from anywhere on these forms. This includes all the final forms, and all the answers, and all the evidences you are attaching. God forbid, if there is an interview, you will both need to go through this to recall what you said and synchronize.

Good luck, and hope you get a quick visa!

Mateen_aka

Mar 31, 2013
Milton, Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 OCT, 2014
AOR Received.
AOR1: 23 JAN, 2014; SA: 27 JAN 2015.
File Transfer...
AOR2: MARCH 3, 2015. INPROCESS: 04 SEP 2015. ADR: SAME DATE AS INPROCESS ASKED FOR PCC
Med's Request
27 JAN 2015 UPFRONT
Med's Done....
18 FEB, 2015. MEDICAL PASSED / RECEIVED GCMS
Interview........
WAVIED / PASS RECOMMENDED GCMS
Passport Req..
DM: 13 DEC 2015 (101 DAYS FROM IP TO DM); PPR 14 DEC 2015
VISA ISSUED...
DONE - SENT TO ISLAMABAD; DISPATCHED 06 JAN 2016
LANDED..........
21 FEB 2016
Hi all...

How long did it take you guys for CIC to transfer the documents from Mississauga case processing center to New Delhi?

My status has been stuck on decision made on January 27 and asked to do medical upfront which was done on Feb 18th, 2015.

Thanks!

VM.WK

Star Member
Feb 22, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-june-2014
Doc's Request.
18-August-2014
File Transfer...
29-sep-2014
Med's Done....
8-April-2014
Passport Req..
Soon
The week has ended let's hope next week brings good luck for everyone I'm afraid March will just go like this too

dhaliwal82

Star Member
Oct 16, 2014
Moga city, Punjab. India.
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26 Nov 2014
AOR Received.
AOR1 : 18 Feb 2015 , SA : 5 March 2015
Med's Done....
14 OCT 2014
Please update more information in our profile.
Spouse sponsorship approval - date - 05 March, 2015.
now our file will transfer to New Delhi after 2-3 weeks (File transfer).

CLYL

Star Member
Jul 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-10-2014
Med's Done....
September 2014. Remedical request Nov 2015
Interview........
IP since aor2 date in February 2015. Status changed to IP sometime in mid August 2015
Mateen_aka said:
Hi all...

How long did it take you guys for CIC to transfer the documents from Mississauga case processing center to New Delhi?

My status has been stuck on decision made on January 27 and asked to do medical upfront which was done on Feb 18th, 2015.

Thanks!
It depends. It's usually 2 - 3 weeks after sponsor approval.
You mean decision made on sponsorship approval on Jan 27 right? There's likely to be no updates on the file for about 4/5 months.

ManjitandJasteven

Feb 25, 2015
Punjab to Surrey
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-Oct-2014
File Transfer...
21-Jan-2015
Med's Done....
22-Sept-2014
Passport Req..
Soon
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
LANDED..........
Soon
draxz1289 said:
All address change has to be in writing from the applicant to the visa office.

We had emailed NDVO and got a reply saying that the applicant has to email or mail them a letter outlining the change in address and has to be signed.
Thank you for letting me know
I am going to type a letter in Canada email it to my wife then she can sign and send it to NDVO, and then she can also email them a copy as well