+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NEW DELHI - 2013 APPLICANTS.

gurisidhu

May 23, 2013
Hi Myrah and Amisha Patel and all

My timeline is quite similar to you, and i m checking this forum almost everyday. PPR req on 7 July, Sent on 17 Jul....

My question that i am doing IELTS and they need passport so that i can appear for the test (no other indian ID is accepted, that sucks), should i ask for my passport or should i wait or should i tell my MLA about the whole situation, ll he/she help in this?

i mean first thing if you are not stamping visa soon why are you asking for passports? this whole system is corrupt, i ll also post email of Mr Jason Kenny so that you can directly send him Email. i sent one about the backlog getting worse due to strike but got no reply back.

Please your 2 cents.

Disappointed.

jk45

Apr 21, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-02-2013
AOR Received.
25-04-2013
File Transfer...
25-04-2013
Passport Req..
22-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-10-2013 DM
gurisidhu said:
Hi Myrah and Amisha Patel and all

My timeline is quite similar to you, and i m checking this forum almost everyday. PPR req on 7 July, Sent on 17 Jul....

My question that i am doing IELTS and they need passport so that i can appear for the test (no other indian ID is accepted, that sucks), should i ask for my passport or should i wait or should i tell my MLA about the whole situation, ll he/she help in this?

i mean first thing if you are not stamping visa soon why are you asking for passports? this whole system is corrupt, i ll also post email of Mr Jason Kenny so that you can directly send him Email. i sent one about the backlog getting worse due to strike but got no reply back.

Please your 2 cents.

Disappointed.

I understand ur frustration but unfortunately they request the passport way early during the process which is illegal...lot of people cannot travel because of this...

You can try to request your passport back....tht wont happen right away....try your MP if they can help you with the situation...i doubt it...

when is your IELTS exam ?

SN0206

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
march 2013
File Transfer...
april 2013
Passport Req..
may 2013
VISA ISSUED...
IP: Feb 12 DM: Apr 15
Hi

Anyone got decision made or in process who applied March?

miss_b

Star Member
Sep 13, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2-MAY-2013
AOR Received.
22-MAY-2013
File Transfer...
23-MAY-2013
Med's Done....
16-MAR-2013 (Updated on ECAS on Dec 11/13)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
4-JUN-2013 Ecas status- In Process Nov 9th -DM 19-JAN-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-JAN-2014
LANDED..........
31-JAN-2014 :D
money said:
Hi Guys,

I am still waiting for PPR , my file moved to india in June 2013 and still didnt receive PPR. Please let me know is there any way to contact Immigration office at New delhi.

Thanks
I applied for my hubby around the same date as yours & received PPR. when was your sponsorship approved? Ours was approved on May 23. Did you check your emails thoroughly? Apply for GCMS notes or best is to contact MP in Canada to get faster update. You don't need to worry though, may be coz of strike they are lagging behind. What does your ECAS say?

Singh786

Star Member
Aug 17, 2013
Vancouver bc
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5 April 2013
AOR Received.
28 April
File Transfer...
29 April
Med's Done....
31 march 2013
Passport Req..
27 may 2013
VISA ISSUED...
In process on 10 oct And dm 27 oct Waheguru aghe ardass
LANDED..........
Jad rabh da hukam hoya
Wait wait wait wait wait

suban

Jul 11, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03 Jan 2013
AOR Received.
24 Jan 2013
Med's Done....
Re-med Nov 25
Passport Req..
09 March 2013
VISA ISSUED...
IP Nov 11; DM 2014 Jan 19; Received pp with visa Jan 21
LANDED..........
Feb 4, 2014
SN0206 said:
Hi

Anyone got decision made or in process who applied March?
January applicants waiting for DM. March comes after...but VO knows who comes first, who second

Steve Jones

Apr 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15th Mar-2013
AOR Received.
Mar-2013
File Transfer...
April 2013
Med's Done....
feb-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
9-may-2103
VISA ISSUED...
In-Process OCT 22-2013
ankgs said:
I approached my MP yesterday, he checked the status of my application, and this is the reply I received today.

Pending selection decision
Background checks not initiated yet
Passport received

I'm not sure what is "pending Selection Decision" and if Backgoud checks not initiated, how long do you think it will take in addition. How soon can she expect to get visa. Please let me know. Thx
Hi,
I want to know from u that how did u contact with ur MP i mean through call or u directly go there office i ask this b'coz my wife contact with local MP on the call and any receptionist picked the call and take the name and number of my wife and told that case manager will call u next week she is busy today..so may i know the producer to contact the MP through call or go directly there
Thanks

Steve Jones

Apr 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15th Mar-2013
AOR Received.
Mar-2013
File Transfer...
April 2013
Med's Done....
feb-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
9-may-2103
VISA ISSUED...
In-Process OCT 22-2013
Hi everyone,
PLEASE HELP

I want to know that how to contact with MP i mean through call or go to directly there office i ask this question b'coz my wife contact with local MP on the call and any receptionist picked the call and take the name and number of my wife and told that case manager will call u next week as she is busy today..so may i know the producer to contact the MP through call or go directly there
Thanks

gurisidhu

May 23, 2013
jk45 said:
I understand ur frustration but unfortunately they request the passport way early during the process which is illegal...lot of people cannot travel because of this...

You can try to request your passport back....tht wont happen right away....try your MP if they can help you with the situation...i doubt it...

when is your IELTS exam ?
Thanks for reply... JK45 Well i had not filed my test yet but was thinking to do as it will save some time or i have to do once i reach Canada.

do you know how many days will it take that they send me my passport if i ask for my passport? I am worried that it ll slow down the process too.... :(

Steve Jones

Apr 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15th Mar-2013
AOR Received.
Mar-2013
File Transfer...
April 2013
Med's Done....
feb-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
9-may-2103
VISA ISSUED...
In-Process OCT 22-2013
schwrizer said:
Met my local MP today, luckily MP's rep was on phone with CIC at that time itself so got an immediate update.
While my e-cas has no updates.
CIC said the Medical and Background check was in process and not updated on the database yet.
The PPR has not been sent and there were no other objections on the file. Just procedural delays.
Hi,
I want to know from u that how did u contact with ur MP i mean through call or u directly go there office i ask this b'coz my wife contact with local MP on the call and any receptionist picked the call and take the name and number of my wife and told that case manager will call u next week she is busy today..so may i know the producer to contact the MP through call or go directly there
Thanks

Steve Jones

Apr 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15th Mar-2013
AOR Received.
Mar-2013
File Transfer...
April 2013
Med's Done....
feb-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
9-may-2103
VISA ISSUED...
In-Process OCT 22-2013
jk45 said:
from what i have seen some MPs can get back to you with in 3-4 days to 2 weeks...

i would suggest you to ask your MP for the timeline.... i am sure they get these requests all the time.
Hello jk,
Hope u r doing gr8.. again i need help from u

I want to know from u that how to contact with ur MP i mean through call or directly go to there office i ask this b'coz my wife contact with local MP on the call and any receptionist picked the call and take the name and number of my wife and told that case manager will call u next week she is busy today..so may i know the producer to contact the MP through call or go directly there
Thanks

SN0206

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
march 2013
File Transfer...
april 2013
Passport Req..
may 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Hi miss_the_shot and buds

Im also same timeline as yours and ecas shows application received. I hope we get good news soon! God bless us!

satnam waheguru

Star Member
Aug 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ndvo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/march/2013
AOR Received.
13/march/2013
File Transfer...
11/april/2013
Med's Done....
7/jan/ 2013
Passport Req..
28/april/2013
VISA ISSUED...
inprocess 20 sep DM 2 oct
LANDED..........
As soon as possible
The Professional Association of Foreign Service Officers (PAFSO) has been in a legal strike position for months, have been picketing outside offices in Ottawa and foreign service workers have walked off the job at Canadian embassies on almost every continent. The strike has caused significant delays in a variety of consular services, including visa application processing times.

Alexander told reporters Friday morning that the number of study permit applications by international students to come to Canada is unprecedented this year, and accepted applications have reached a “remarkable” level.
“The number of applications processed has been remarkable in the month of August. It continues at quite a brisk pace,”Alexander said.
Every year there are students who apply for study permits outside of the normal processing times and those who apply within the normal time frame and, for whatever reason, it takes longer for their file to be processed.
“It’s kind of a wait and see situation for us, and we’re hoping for the best outcome. We’re being optimistic that CIC will be able to process the applications that they have from students,” Weir said.
Over the summer, the expectation – fueled by warnings from PAFSO – has been that the strike would continue into the fall. The union says things won’t come to an end until both sides enter binding arbitration or a negotiation is reached.
The government could implement back-to-work legislation, but a sitting House of Commons is needed for that. This week, Prime Minister Stephen Harper announced Parliament will be prorogued until mid-October, making back-to-work legislation impossible until the House returns in a new session.

jk45

Apr 21, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-02-2013
AOR Received.
25-04-2013
File Transfer...
25-04-2013
Passport Req..
22-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-10-2013 DM
Steve Jones said:
Hello jk,
Hope u r doing gr8.. again i need help from u

I want to know from u that how to contact with ur MP i mean through call or directly go to there office i ask this b'coz my wife contact with local MP on the call and any receptionist picked the call and take the name and number of my wife and told that case manager will call u next week she is busy today..so may i know the producer to contact the MP through call or go directly there
Thanks
i wud suggest you to call them once more if does not help go there directly.....it again depends upon MP TO MP....anyway next week is almost there...

SN0206

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
march 2013
File Transfer...
april 2013
Passport Req..
may 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Hi suban

Thanks for the reply. That really sucks but u will get it very soon and me too so hopefully. :)