10-06-2013
Med's Done....
15-03-2013
Interview........
Waived.
Passport Req..
19-06-2013, had sent on 10-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
In Process since Nov 27th, 2013; Visa issued on Jan 27th; DM on Jan 31st; PP with shiny visa received on Feb 1st
realmiracle said:
Hi everyone,

Good news! We received passport with visa by mail today. It is the best present of Eid for us from NDVO. FYI, there is no update in e-cas. Recently I requested my MP by email to check the status of our application. I am not sure whether it has played any role but I advise you to contact your MP office if nothing is happening. In our case the medical is expiring soon on Sep 8.

I wish everyone to get the passport with visa without any unnecessary delay and good luck for those who are waiting to be reunited with their spouse.

Cheers!

Hi...
did you get your passport back through Indian post (registered or Speed post) or was it through courier??? did you get any calls from NDVO before they had sent you the passport? have they communicated with you anytime after you had sent the passport to NDVO?? Would be glad to see the reply from anyone who got pp with pr.

cool456

Mar 5, 2013
Hi Thank you so much for inviting the new pr applicants to this forum

I am in calagary now got married in feb 2013 in india came here in the month of may and applied for my husband's pr process, we submitted all the documents required till now i did not receive any acknowledgement from cic, I applied through an immigration consultancy they don't really
respond to questions about application I just have evidence that cic took my payment in june 2013 for my application

The reason Iam worried is I am pregnant now in the 25 th week, I don't know what to do if my husband cannot come for delivery, some f my friends advised to meet the local mp and meet service canada and let them know the situation if any of you are in my situation or came across this kind of situation please suggest me what to do, I donot have any family here and I cannot call my mom to take care of me :'(

waiting 2 exhale

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-05-2013
File Transfer...
19-06-2013
Med's Done....
16-03-2013 ; remeds 14 may 2014
Interview........
06-05-2014
Passport Req..
submitted without a request may 24, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
June 26, 2014
LANDED..........
landed Nov 5, 2014
NDVO do they respond to emails?

I sent an email to NDVO office asking them to check my application status. Do they respond? Hereafter, would they start dealing with me directly or my lawyer? I don't want another headache (as it is strike is giving me headache) if they start dealing with me directly instead of my lawyer.

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi ( Parents Sponsorship )
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
waiting 2 exhale said:
NDVO do they respond to emails?

I sent an email to NDVO office asking them to check my application status. Do they respond? Hereafter, would they start dealing with me directly or my lawyer? I don't want another headache (as it is strike is giving me headache) if they start dealing with me directly instead of my lawyer.
No, generally they don't. Website says

If you already have an application at our office, we will answer your question only if our average processing time has been exceeded or if there is a problem

You want to check status then order GCMS notes

See my signature on how to order one

primoo

Mar 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-Apr-2013
AOR Received.
17-Apr-2013
File Transfer...
14-May-2013
Med's Done....
11-Feb-2013 Re-Meds: May 26, 2014
Interview........
05-May-2014
Passport Req..
03-Jun-2013
VISA ISSUED...
27-Aug-2014
When I applied for GCMS notes, I did like how you described in your vid there user828.

They asked for consent of my wife, which is the applicant. We signed and dated the form and I replied back - but I keep getting a general "thank you for sending your request - please apply online these are the new rules" auto-reply.

I keep emailing them about acknowledgement if they received my consent form but I keep getting an auto-reply.
I don't know how to tackle this if anyone has any suggestions...

SidhuBTI

Star Member
Aug 2, 2013
Bathinda
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-05-2013
Doc's Request.
18-12-2013
File Transfer...
12-06-2013
Med's Request
Re-med 24 April 2014
Interview........
In process 24 April 2014
Passport Req..
24-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
LANDED..........
Soon
cool456 said:

I am in calagary now got married in feb 2013 in india came here in the month of may and applied for my husband's pr process, we submitted all the documents required till now i did not receive any acknowledgement from cic, I applied through an immigration consultancy they don't really
respond to questions about application I just have evidence that cic took my payment in june 2013 for my application

The reason Iam worried is I am pregnant now in the 25 th week, I don't know what to do if my husband cannot come for delivery, some f my friends advised to meet the local mp and meet service canada and let them know the situation if any of you are in my situation or came across this kind of situation please suggest me what to do, I donot have any family here and I cannot call my mom to take care of me :'(

You can contact to your local MP but i think you cant get any help to bring your husband faster in canada.

cat_in_craddle

Star Member
Jan 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb, 2013
AOR Received.
Feb 2013
File Transfer...
21 Feb, 2013
Med's Done....
Jan 2013
Interview........
I think waived off...
Passport Req..
March, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
LANDED..........
Before my first marriage anniversary - Nov 18, 2013
user828 said:
No, generally they don't. Website says

If you already have an application at our office, we will answer your question only if our average processing time has been exceeded or if there is a problem

You want to check status then order GCMS notes

See my signature on how to order one
User828:

NDVO contacts you as depending upon the case. I was a 2010 applicant, and they responded me to my email (then). It took around a month to reply my mail - that was too generic - did you get my passport or not ?

I applied for my wife. they replied my email after 4 months for the same question in 2013. So I conclude - Yes they do.

They do not deal with your lawyer, or representatives. They are the persons who CAN deal on behalf of you. They always deal with the principal applicant only. When i sent them email in 2013 (my wife is principal applicant), i never got reply. My wife got the response for the almost similar email.

I guess this might help you to understand the situation. I am just mentioning fairly my experience.

harpreets

Star Member
Jun 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-04-2013
File Transfer...
23-05-2013
Passport Req..
13-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DECISION MADE and RECEIVED PP JAN 01/2014 Canadian Time and Date
LANDED..........
Awaiting
cool456 said:

Hi there. I'm from Calgary as well. I got married in india on Feb 2013 and applied for my wifes PR on April 2013. I got conformation letter from Cic whithin a month. In may NDVO sent email for Passport request. My wife's passport has been in NDVO since may. All the paper work was done by one of my family member, I would suggest you wait for another month then send email to cic with recipt no.

Thanks.

yasmeen143

Jul 4, 2013
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad transferred to New Delhi on Jan 28, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sep 24, 2013
AOR Received.
Sep 26, 2013
File Transfer...
Oct 10, 2013 to Islamabad - transferred to New Delhi on Jan 28, 2014
Med's Request
Re-medical Request September 17, 2014, Did Re-medical September 23, 2014
Med's Done....
First Med done - July 2013
Interview........
No - Thank God
Passport Req..
Nov 4, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
ECAS - IP Oct 15, 2014
LANDED..........
DM & PPR Nov 4, 2014. Sent PP on Nov 12, CIC Received it on Nov 13. Received Passport with Visa on Dec 3rd, 2014 - Landed on Dec 16th, 2014
Hi Everyone,

I was wondering if any experts could please help me answer my question below.

I want to sponsor my husband from Afghanistan, I know we have to go through Islamabad which will now take about 31 months.

What if we apply from Islamabad now and then he moves to India after a few months, is it possible to change the office to India so it would take less time. Because if he goes to India now he will have to live there for one full year before we could send this application request.

Please help as I can't find any information anywhere. :'(

Buds

Sep 11, 2012
CALGARY
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 02, 2014
AOR Received.
Not Yet
File Transfer...
Not Yet
Med's Done....
Not Yet
Passport Req..
---
harpreets said:
Hi there. I'm from Calgary as well. I got married in india on Feb 2013 and applied for my wifes PR on April 2013. I got conformation letter from Cic whithin a month. In may NDVO sent email for Passport request. My wife's passport has been in NDVO since may. All the paper work was done by one of my family member, I would suggest you wait for another month then send email to cic with recipt no.

Thanks.

I am from Calgary as well....Applied for my wife's sponsorship in march 2013!!!!

saidpuria

Star Member
Nov 1, 2012
jalandhar
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-03-2013
Doc's Request.
12-08-2013
File Transfer...
08-04-2013
Passport Req..
29-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
dm on 9th jan
hello dear members

i am not sure if good news or what but sharing with you all
i got email today morning at 09:01 am from delhi hight commision.
email is below

This refers to your application for admission to Canada.
In order for us to continue the processing of your application, we require the following:
Complete divorce petition, judgment and certificate of divorce of your sponsor
This must be received by our office 09/16/2013 (Date format is MM/DD/YYYY)
Failure to submit them within that time period could result in the refusal of your application. Please quote our complete file number on your correspondence and address your correspondence to the High Commission at the address indicated below.
Immigration Section / Section de l’immigration
Canadian High Commission / Haut-Commissariat du Canada
7/8 Shantipath, Chanakyapuri
New Delhi
India / Inde

now the thing is we already submitted divorce petition and divorce certificate. i dont know why they are asking for it again.
any comments plz

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
cat_in_craddle said:
User828:

NDVO contacts you as depending upon the case. I was a 2010 applicant, and they responded me to my email (then). It took around a month to reply my mail - that was too generic - did you get my passport or not ?

I applied for my wife. they replied my email after 4 months for the same question in 2013. So I conclude - Yes they do.

They do not deal with your lawyer, or representatives. They are the persons who CAN deal on behalf of you. They always deal with the principal applicant only. When i sent them email in 2013 (my wife is principal applicant), i never got reply. My wife got the response for the almost similar email.

I guess this might help you to understand the situation. I am just mentioning fairly my experience.
Off course they reply back, but if you throw in a general question like "what is my status", that too under 10 months, its unlikely you will get a reply. I have gotten replies within a day too, depends on the subject line and query

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
primoo said:
When I applied for GCMS notes, I did like how you described in your vid there user828.

They asked for consent of my wife, which is the applicant. We signed and dated the form and I replied back - but I keep getting a general "thank you for sending your request - please apply online these are the new rules" auto-reply.

I keep emailing them about acknowledgement if they received my consent form but I keep getting an auto-reply.
I don't know how to tackle this if anyone has any suggestions...
That email is generic auto-reply, but if your email has the ref# then they should match it to your request which was missing the consent form

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
yasmeen143 said:
Hi Everyone,

I was wondering if any experts could please help me answer my question below.

I want to sponsor my husband from Afghanistan, I know we have to go through Islamabad which will now take about 31 months.

What if we apply from Islamabad now and then he moves to India after a few months, is it possible to change the office to India so it would take less time. Because if he goes to India now he will have to live there for one full year before we could send this application request.

Please help as I can't find any information anywhere. :'(
I can tell you for a fact that its very tough to change offices but even if you do, it will significantly increase your processing time

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
saidpuria said:
hello dear members

i am not sure if good news or what but sharing with you all
i got email today morning at 09:01 am from delhi hight commision.
email is below

This refers to your application for admission to Canada.
In order for us to continue the processing of your application, we require the following:
Complete divorce petition, judgment and certificate of divorce of your sponsor
This must be received by our office 09/16/2013 (Date format is MM/DD/YYYY)
Failure to submit them within that time period could result in the refusal of your application. Please quote our complete file number on your correspondence and address your correspondence to the High Commission at the address indicated below.
Immigration Section / Section de l'immigration
Canadian High Commission / Haut-Commissariat du Canada
7/8 Shantipath, Chanakyapuri
New Delhi
India / Inde

now the thing is we already submitted divorce petition and divorce certificate. i dont know why they are asking for it again.
any comments plz
Because 1 hand doesn't speak to the other, they probably have it and yet are asking for it

You know in 2011, all pending parents app got request to send paperwork at once to CPC-M, and the files which went to NDVO were asked to submit those papers again ( even though they were already sent ) - it's unorganized and unprofessional

Read this from one of our very knowledgeable people

RajaJi said:
CIC is in total disarray. There is total lack of communication between different offices. Though they have Global Case Management System but it is clear that immigration officers do not pay attention to the notations made by other offices. All communications by applicants are required to be kept in their files but it seems that either that is not happening or IO's do not bother to read through that. Email enquiries with specific and urgent questions get generic replies after several months (if you are lucky).

In most cases officers do not even update the address changes reported by applicants. In addition, some IO's revert back to older addresses of applicants from where applicants have moved years ago and this happens after another immigration officer has enter the new address. Policy of 'No acknowledgement to be provided' makes it all worse. It is time that CIC gets rid of this policy.

Applicants whose files were transferred from CPP-O to LVO's are suffering most as they are asked to redo the medicals, submit new Police Clearance Certificates , and cannot get any updates on the progress of their applications. It takes a lot of time to get certain documents. Applicants are required to provide documents within 30-45 days from the date marked on letters mailed by LVO's. These letters are often received after 15 days have already passed and if the letter goes to your old address from where you moved years ago, you won't even know if you are required to submit the documents. Applicants have to spend several hundred dollars or thousands in local currencies to redo medicals, get new police certificates, and procure other documents. This is an unnecessary financial burden and emotional stress due to mismanagement by CIC.

CIC/IO's seem to be immune to dilemma of sponsors and applicants. CIC needs a total transformation and IO's need to be accountable. I used to believe that CIC has a transparent system but not anymore.