+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NEW DELHI - 2013 APPLICANTS.

capri_can

Star Member
May 2, 2012
Hello Everyone,

I am a PR and got married on Jan 31st, 2013 to a girl who i know since 2007 and proposed in 2012. I became PR in 2010, but returned to India for one year and again returned to Canada in June 2012.
My Questions are below:
1) I need to get straight with the process. First my wife needs to get her medicals done in Pune as well as her PCC and then send it to me along with her immigration forms and other documents like emails, phone bills photographs, etc., RIGHT?
2) Is it true that all immediate family members of my wife have to do medical exams? I saw some posts in this thread that some applicants went for medicals alone, while it is clearly mentione don CIC website that all family memebrs( mom, dad, brothers and sisters) need to undergo the medical exam? PLEASE CONFIRM THIS.
3) Since is know my wife from the year 2007 (we joined the same company), but i proposed her formally in March 2012. We NEVER dated between this period (i.e., 2007-2012) and it was only acquaintance/friendship that we maintained. PLEASE SUGGEST if i should mention that i had known my wife since 2007 or NOT.

I wil highly appreciate if the expert forum members can comment on my questions.

capri_can

Star Member
May 2, 2012
In continuation my previous post, i want to elaborate my understanding on point 1>

>I am Sponsor and my wife in India is Spouse.
>I need to send HER the sponsorship documents for her to sign before sending them to CIC?
>When she'll send back the signed sponsorship documents, she has to keep her medicals, PCC and filled immigration forms to me, RIGHT?
>After i recieve the package from her, I will send the entire package( Sponsor forms-filled, Immigration forms-filled, My Wife' medical, her parents' and siblings' medical report, My wife's PCC, Supporting Documents and Fee Receipt of CAD 1040) to Mississauga CIC office, RIGHT?
>AFTER CIC recieves my package, they will approve my sponsorship and they themselves send the file to NEW DELHI CIC office, RIGHT?

PLEASE ANSWER THESE. Let me know if you have any questions.

mickeyindia

Dec 14, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
capri_can said:
Hello Everyone,

I am a PR and got married on Jan 31st, 2013 to a girl who i know since 2007 and proposed in 2012. I became PR in 2010, but returned to India for one year and again returned to Canada in June 2012.
My Questions are below:
1) I need to get straight with the process. First my wife needs to get her medicals done in Pune as well as her PCC and then send it to me along with her immigration forms and other documents like emails, phone bills photographs, etc., RIGHT?
2) Is it true that all immediate family members of my wife have to do medical exams? I saw some posts in this thread that some applicants went for medicals alone, while it is clearly mentione don CIC website that all family memebrs( mom, dad, brothers and sisters) need to undergo the medical exam? PLEASE CONFIRM THIS.
3) Since is know my wife from the year 2007 (we joined the same company), but i proposed her formally in March 2012. We NEVER dated between this period (i.e., 2007-2012) and it was only acquaintance/friendship that we maintained. PLEASE SUGGEST if i should mention that i had known my wife since 2007 or NOT.

I wil highly appreciate if the expert forum members can comment on my questions.
1)Best method will be asking your wife to print the forms once completed , sign and send it to you with the proof's she might have along with her PCC and medical certificate.
2)Are they joining your wife to canada ? Whoever you will be sponsoring and bringing to canada need to do medicals . To be clear , if its only your wife you wanna sponsor , then only she needs medical
3) Nothing wrong in mentioning the true facts that you were friends and you entered into a relationship. Be honest no trouble.

mickeyindia

Dec 14, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
capri_can said:
In continuation my previous post, i want to elaborate my understanding on point 1>

>I am Sponsor and my wife in India is Spouse.
>I need to send HER the sponsorship documents for her to sign before sending them to CIC?
>When she'll send back the signed sponsorship documents, she has to keep her medicals, PCC and filled immigration forms to me, RIGHT?
>After i recieve the package from her, I will send the entire package( Sponsor forms-filled, Immigration forms-filled, My Wife' medical, her parents' and siblings' medical report, My wife's PCC, Supporting Documents and Fee Receipt of CAD 1040) to Mississauga CIC office, RIGHT?
>AFTER CIC recieves my package, they will approve my sponsorship and they themselves send the file to NEW DELHI CIC office, RIGHT?

PLEASE ANSWER THESE. Let me know if you have any questions.
Yes you need to pay 1040 if you are sponsoring your wife only (If her family will join in the sponsorship then you need to pay more depending on how many will join her)
Yes you will send application forms, fees , medicals , pcc , all proofs only to CPC-M.

capri_can

Star Member
May 2, 2012
Thank You Mickey for the prompt reply.

No, my wife's parents and siblings are not joining her at all.
Also, i would like you to have a look on the following statement from appendix C
cicwebsite/english/resources/publications/dmp-handbook/pdf/AppendixC_e.pdf

You and all your family members who are not already Canadian citizens or permanent residents must fill
out Appendix C and undergo and pass a medical examination, whether they will be joining you in Canada
or not. Make enough photocopies of this page for your needs before you start filling the boxes.

PLEASE SUGGEST IF THIS IS A NEW RULE? DOES ANYONE HAVE A OLD VERSION OF APPENDIX C? SO that i can confirm the above statement.

mickeyindia

Dec 14, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
capri_can said:

Also, i would like you to have a look on the following statement from appendix C

You and all your family members who are not already Canadian citizens or permanent residents must fill
out Appendix C and undergo and pass a medical examination, whether they will be joining you in Canada
or not. Make enough photocopies of this page for your needs before you start filling the boxes.

PLEASE SUGGEST IF THIS IS A NEW RULE? DOES ANYONE HAVE A OLD VERSION OF APPENDIX C? SO that i can confirm the above statement.
You no longer need to print appendix C. Doctors will have them already. All the Canada referred medical doctors know this rule and they already have enough copies printed..
Just find the doctor in your wife's proximity. Call the doctor , ask for fees and things needed for upfront medicals.

No appendix C. I did medicals 3 months ago in India , for a fee of 3100 and 6 PP photos , doctor wanted 2 copies of passport and wanted to see the original passport during check up.

capri_can

Star Member
May 2, 2012
I am quite relieved by your reply, Mickey.
I was under the impression that my wife`s parents and siblings too need to get their medical exams taken, even if they are not accompanying her to canada!!
I read it on the CIC website only, and thought it might be a new rule or something.
I will get my wife done with her medical and PCC at the earliest and have her send me all the documents.
And regarding marriage prrofs, apart from photographs of different rituals, do we need to provide video recordings as well?
if yes, then in what format, DVD or something else?

maverick.dexter

Feb 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6 Feb 2013
File Transfer...
27 Feb 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
28 May 2013
VISA ISSUED...
7 Aug 2013...DM: 14 Aug 2013
capri_can said:
I was under the impression that my wife`s parents and siblings too need to get their medical exams taken, even if they are not accompanying her to canada!!
I read it on the CIC website only, and thought it might be a new rule or something.
I will get my wife done with her medical and PCC at the earliest and have her send me all the documents.
And regarding marriage prrofs, apart from photographs of different rituals, do we need to provide video recordings as well?
plz go through this link and read the forms and information guide for INDIA visa office>>

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/fc.asp

mickeyindia

Dec 14, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
capri_can said:
No. they will not watch dvd or put any USB keys etc...
only printed documents/photos etc..

maverick.dexter

Feb 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6 Feb 2013
File Transfer...
27 Feb 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
28 May 2013
VISA ISSUED...
7 Aug 2013...DM: 14 Aug 2013
capri_can said:
you will find all the answers in the information guide; following is the excerpt from the guide :

"Photos must be loose; do not send them in binder
s, albums, frames or other such containers. Do
not send video discs or video cassettes. Do not send musical greeting cards or other similar
documents containing electronic or mechanical devices. Do not send calling cards"

Fewmoreweeks

Mar 25, 2013
Reeyan said:
Application for spousal sponsorship from Nepal

Applied Oct 11 2012
Approved- Nov 20 2012
Passport request March 2th 2013
Passport Received march 11 2013 at New delhi.

Its been two weeks now.. When should I expect my partner's passport with stamped visa ???

Please, Any idea???
Hey Reeyan,
Why is talking so long to get a PPR in your case?
I'm also from Nepal and I got PPR in less than a month after sponsorship approval. I submitted my application on the third week of January though.

Fewmoreweeks

Mar 25, 2013
Iranas said:
Hello...
Is there anyone in this forum applying under nepali passport.??
Hey Iranas,
Yes my spouse applied with Nepalese passport. I applied on the third week of January and got a PPR last week. What's your timeline?

James.007

Feb 5, 2013
T.O.
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
Sep 2013
File Transfer...
Jan 2014
Med's Request
Nov 2014
Med's Done....
Dec 2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
May 2015
VISA ISSUED...
May 2015
LANDED..........
capri_can said:

I think CIC refers family members as spouse, common law partner or any dependent children (not mother or father)

Experts please clarify if possible...

Iranas

Star Member
Feb 17, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20 Jan 2013
AOR Received.
29 Jan 2013
File Transfer...
20 Feb 2013
Med's Request
2 Dec 2013
Med's Done....
15 Jan 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
01-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
IP : 26th October
Fewmoreweeks said:
Hey Iranas,
Yes my spouse applied with Nepalese passport. I applied on the third week of January and got a PPR last week. What's your timeline?
@fewmoreweeks
We also applied around mid of Jan.. n currently waiting for PPR.. BTW how did u sent pp to new delhi? DHL ? or.......

Rahul_eni

Star Member
Mar 25, 2013
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-01-2013
AOR Received.
16-02-2013
File Transfer...
16-02-13
Passport Req..
18-04-13
VISA ISSUED...
11-09-13
Hello Folks.......
Newbie here.......
Applied for spouse visa, My spouse is in India and I am in Toronto....
I have a few questions ...may be this is a piece of cake for you folks since you have seen this asked by everynewbie who comes on the first day ....

I applied for the visa on 16th Feb 2013 to Missisauga
They recieved it on 19th FEb 2013
Got the first stage approved on 14th March 2013 and I was told the file is moved to Delhi....

1.What is the next process ?
2.How long does it take after they asked for the Passport to my wife in India ?

Please correct me if I am wrong ...

If everything went well that means ...they will ask the passport to her by 8-10 Months time......

What is the average time for the next process to start...

Thanks in advance for the help
Rahul :-[ for the wait time

PLEASE UPDATE THE EXCEL SHEET ...THANK YOU