New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-Oct-2013
AOR Received.
29-Nov-2013
Med's Request
NDVO informs they did not receive meds on 20-July-2014.
Med's Done....
15-Sep-2013. Old Meds from 2013 resent on 24-July-2014
Passport Req..
14-Nov-2013 - Did not send PP due to travel needs.
tahsinmohammad said:
Response from ND Embassy regarding my son's passport and citizenship certificate :

The total processing time for the issuance of a citizenship certificate from Canada, is currently 10-12 months and the certificate can either be mailed via our office in India, or sent directly to a Canadian/foreign mailing address.

If there is need to travel in the interim, you may simultaneously apply for a Canadian passport for the child (see www.india.gc.ca), provided that the child is less than 2 years of age. Passport services cannot be given without a citizenship application having been filed at our office; children's names are not endorsed on a parent's passport. Besides the required passport application form (PPTC042), a supplementary PPTC116 form must be completed by the applying parent; a copy is attached to this message. Part A of the attached PPTC445 form is to be completed by parent(s) holding Canadian citizenship. Documented reason for requesting passport issuance in the absence of the citizenship certificate (paid proof of travel that shows child's full name, visa requirement such as copy of non-Canadian parent's Canadian visa, etc.) must also be provided. The child's passport will be issued in 20 working days of receipt of the completed passport application. In the absence of the proof of citizenship, a limited validity passport will be issued. You will need to apply for an Indian visa for the child, after receipt of his/ her Canadian passport

Hello Tahsin,

Thank you for the info. In Hong Kong, they said both parents need to be present at Delhi while applying for the Citizenship Cert & Passport, which means a travel will be required to Delhi, which is okay. I'm based in Hong Kong/China but the processing centre I chose was New Delhi. Big Mistake! It's so efficient here and almost everyone gets their visa in around six months while their avg processing time is nine months. They also process non-Chinese passports quicker.

My due date falls in September. Are you in the same boat as me? What's your story?

shroffb

Star Member
Mar 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-10-2013
AOR Received.
19-11-2013
File Transfer...
20-11-2013
Med's Done....
20-09-2013
Passport Req..
20-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
IP on 22nd July...DM on 2nd August....Passport received on 11th August
chatwant said:
My wife filed for my application at Mississauga office in October 2013 and my file was transferred in November I suppose because it is saying application received 10th nov 2013.
My concern is that they still haven't asked for my passport is there a problem?
Wat I can think is that they send me an auto generated email asking for application receipt and pcc if not already given and I didn't send them thinking that there is no need to as I have already given.
This can't be the reason for not asking for my passport?

Plz help.
Hi Chatwant,

In my case, wen i had received auto generated mail for application receipt and pcc , i did case specific inquiry thru the CIC website to know what exactly needs to be sent.
So in reply, they said, u need to send passports.
After that, in package, i sent the copy of PCC and application receipt which i had sent with the application also and my passports.
Till date, there was no specific mail from CIC on passport request.
I think, you can send your passport in few days. CIC will add it to ur application package.

bossbig

Star Member
Sep 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2013
AOR Received.
April 2013
File Transfer...
April 2013
Med's Done....
Jan 2013, re-medical May 14, 2014
Interview........
May 13, 2014
Passport Req..
May 2013, resend pp after re-medical on May 14, 2014, ndvo received remeidcal on may 20, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
In process- May 13, 2014, DM updated on ecas June 01, 2014, Visa stamped May 28, 2014PP received June 07, 2014
waiting 2 exhale said:
my interview was on tuesday and by friday they asked me to do medical..you will hear from their lordship soon..congratulations...
Yes W2E..the same thing was coming in my mind that i will hear from them by the end of this week...

One thing..they haven't asked for your passport as you require it for your remdical... VO gave my passport back for the remedical..she said that you will be requiring it for the remedical.

tahsinmohammad

Sep 1, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
Citizenship
CMR said:
Hello Tahsin,

Thank you for the info. In Hong Kong, they said both parents need to be present at Delhi while applying for the Citizenship Cert & Passport, which means a travel will be required to Delhi, which is okay. I'm based in Hong Kong/China but the processing centre I chose was New Delhi. Big Mistake! It's so efficient here and almost everyone gets their visa in around six months while their avg processing time is nine months. They also process non-Chinese passports quicker.

My due date falls in September. Are you in the same boat as me? What's your story?
My son is now 3+ months old.I am waiting for my wife's PR and then will apply for his 2 year limited validity passport showing my wife's PR and Visa..I applied for baby's Citizenship in Feb 14 and waiting to hear something from New Delhi...

I am not sure about the both parents need to be present at Delhi as I am dealing with ND Embassy thru Fedex post...Good luck

rksandhu

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-08-2013
AOR Received.
25-9-2013
File Transfer...
12-09-2013
Med's Done....
01-07-2013 / Remedical....: 8th july 2014 / received. ..: 23rd July 2014
Passport Req..
26-09-2013 (sent-10 oct 2013)
VISA ISSUED...
IN-PROCESS since 4th-July-2014 DM-8 Nov 2014 RECEIVED PP-10 Nov 2014
LANDED..........
17 dec 2014 :-D
mairym_nirb said:
This waiting test is difficult... I also pray to god every day... one day he will answer our prays...
hope dat day will b come soon. ..now we know its our turn.so this wait is unbearable. ..

rksandhu

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-08-2013
AOR Received.
25-9-2013
File Transfer...
12-09-2013
Med's Done....
01-07-2013 / Remedical....: 8th july 2014 / received. ..: 23rd July 2014
Passport Req..
26-09-2013 (sent-10 oct 2013)
VISA ISSUED...
IN-PROCESS since 4th-July-2014 DM-8 Nov 2014 RECEIVED PP-10 Nov 2014
LANDED..........
17 dec 2014 :-D
jasminexyz said:
Same here dear! Feeling sick of waiting and hoping now
hope tomorrow will b gud day...

shroffb

Star Member
Mar 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-10-2013
AOR Received.
19-11-2013
File Transfer...
20-11-2013
Med's Done....
20-09-2013
Passport Req..
20-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
IP on 22nd July...DM on 2nd August....Passport received on 11th August
bodhyogi said:
:) :) :) hey guys got my passport back with shiny shiny visa after 2 weeks of dm :) happy and excited, wishing all of my friends here very good luck and pray for all, wish all of you guys get their visa soon and meet love ones :)
Congrats bodhyogi...finally u r done with the waiting game ......now live ur life and not the way NDVO wanted till date:)

pavan00747

Star Member
Sep 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-07-2013
File Transfer...
22-08-2013
Med's Done....
12-06-2013
Passport Req..
17-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-05-2014 (got a call to collect passport on 2nd june 14)
LANDED..........
11-06-2014
Gagi007 said:
Same with me my friend, nothing yet, loosing hope :'(
yup...wht abt ur medical..? is it expired..?

Gagi007

Sep 17, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 11, 2013
AOR Received.
August 12, 2013
File Transfer...
August 12, 2013
Med's Request
Sent with application
Med's Done....
June 8, 2013
Interview........
not required
Passport Req..
September 4, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 20, 2014
LANDED..........
May 2014
pavan00747 said:
yup...wht abt ur medical..? is it expired..?
The date on my wife's medical shows "May 13, 2013", but when I did MP inquiry my MP said "your medicals are good until June 13, 2014". Which means NDVO already extended it for a month???

srkarthik

Star Member
Nov 26, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 16th 2013 / Received on Dec 18 2013
AOR Received.
Jan 23th 2014
File Transfer...
Jan 27th 2014 (SA Approval)
Passport Req..
we didnt get, however we sent (risky)
VISA ISSUED...
Aug 20th 2014
LANDED..........
Oct 5th 2014
shroffb said:
Hi Chatwant,

In my case, wen i had received auto generated mail for application receipt and pcc , i did case specific inquiry thru the CIC website to know what exactly needs to be sent.
So in reply, they said, u need to send passports.
After that, in package, i sent the copy of PCC and application receipt which i had sent with the application also and my passports.
Till date, there was no specific mail from CIC on passport request.
I think, you can send your passport in few days. CIC will add it to ur application package.

Hey guys..
for those who have doubt with the PPR.
I am a dec 2013 applicant.
I did get a electronic generated mail to send PCC and fee.
I do however sent the photocopies (not attested) along with ORIGINAL PASSPORT ( took a risk here) - through courier (Bluedart) to Delhi Immigration office.

I also sent a mail after that saying we had sent the requested potocopies along with ORIGINAL PASSPORT (Wife + kid).
After 1.5 months, they did sent a reply saying they have added in the file of ours (little relaxed).

so who ever didnt get a PPR , nothing wrong in sending or u can just wait for the offical mail with your time line.
hope this helps.

cheers !

srkarthik

Star Member
Nov 26, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 16th 2013 / Received on Dec 18 2013
AOR Received.
Jan 23th 2014
File Transfer...
Jan 27th 2014 (SA Approval)
Passport Req..
we didnt get, however we sent (risky)
VISA ISSUED...
Aug 20th 2014
LANDED..........
Oct 5th 2014
Hey guys..
for those who have doubt with the PPR.
I am a dec 2013 applicant.
I did get a electronic generated mail to send PCC and fee.
I do however sent the photocopies (not attested) along with ORIGINAL PASSPORT ( took a risk here) - through courier (Bluedart) to Delhi Immigration office.

I also sent a mail after that saying we had sent the requested potocopies along with ORIGINAL PASSPORT (Wife + kid).
After 1.5 months, they did sent a reply saying they have added in the file of ours (little relaxed).

so who ever didnt get a PPR , nothing wrong in sending or u can just wait for the offical mail with your time line.
hope this helps.

cheers !

CMR

Feb 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-Oct-2013
AOR Received.
29-Nov-2013
Med's Request
NDVO informs they did not receive meds on 20-July-2014.
Med's Done....
15-Sep-2013. Old Meds from 2013 resent on 24-July-2014
Passport Req..
14-Nov-2013 - Did not send PP due to travel needs.
tahsinmohammad said:
My son is now 3+ months old.I am waiting for my wife's PR and then will apply for his 2 year limited validity passport showing my wife's PR and Visa..I applied for baby's Citizenship in Feb 14 and waiting to hear something from New Delhi...

I am not sure about the both parents need to be present at Delhi as I am dealing with ND Embassy thru Fedex post...Good luck
I see.
But why are you waiting for your wife's PR to apply for your son's passport? Is that necessary?
you could have applied for Citizenship Cert & sons PP together, but why didn't you?

chatwant

Apr 1, 2014
Kolkata
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/11/2013
File Transfer...
Showing app received 19/11/2013
Med's Done....
26/09/2013
Interview........
Hope not
Passport Req..
On the verge of getting request..hope soon!rab mehr rakhe
VISA ISSUED...
Damn not but why
LANDED..........
ASAP with the little help of almighty
Thanks ppl for ur replies.I don't know about the mp thingh and secondly how to order notes and send them an email.Can u please provide me with the mail I'd and how to address them.
Thirdly sending them an email won't have an adverse effect on my case?
Is it correct that nowadays they are asking for an passport at the later stages?

cpan25

Star Member
Jun 27, 2013
India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-08-2013
File Transfer...
16-09-2013
Med's Done....
29-06-2013
Passport Req..
27-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Hopefully sooner than later
rksandhu said:
hope tomorrow will b gud day...
Lets be very positive...now we are almost there Mrs. Sandhu. Hope that NDVO will work to maximum possible level of efficiency and give all of us visas soon! Amen

roshankapur

May 13, 2014
waiting 2 exhale said:
I left my cell phone in the hotel but I think you can leave your phone with security (my interpreter left his and waited for sometime for someone to show up since it was lunch time) but he came inside with bagpack. I took complete application and supporting documents nothing originals. No I did not take degrees with me since it is not required (only thing they wanted to see is my passport and PR card). Time taken depends on the visa officer..can range from 10 minutes (if interview is done for QA purpose) or longer about 2 hours in my case (because an interpreter was used)...good luck...
i know english well but still to answer or explain smthng cn i req a interpreter? like can i tell them that if i want i will ask or else i wont?