04 JAN, 2013
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
11 MAR, 2013
LANDED..........
VERY SOON.
Hi JK145,

PPR can be either by email, letter or a phone call to the Applicant.

On which date your medical was done and on which date the Application was received by CIC. If your Application has reached CIC on Feb 12, 2013 then on which date you have sent your Application. Please reply to update your INFO on the Sheet.

I am asking for the second time now. Please check the Page No. 25. If you will not update your INFO then your name will be deleted from the Spreadsheet for ever.

All the BEST,
Gulzar !!!

JK145 said:
Does NDVO send a letter or email for PPR?

cal

Feb 21, 2013
Hi Gulzar

Thanks for your reply.
My timeline as below.

Medical Done - 01-sep-2012
Application Sent - 12-oct-2012
Application Received by CIC as per tracking - 15-oct-2012
AOR (if any) -
Sponsorship Approval -27-nov-2012
PPR Request - 11-feb-2013

I have a question. Blue dart not accepting PO box address. Can you let me know how to send the PP to newdelhi .

Should I send it removing PO box and send by blue dart :

High Commission of Canada
Immigration Section
7/8 Shantipath, Chanakyapuri
New Delhi 110021
India .

or I send it by speedpost to :

Canadian High Commission
Immigration Section
P.O. Box 5209
New Delhi
110021, India

I am very confused .Your help and suggession will be highly appreciated.

also if anybody who recently send their pp can help me with an answer please.
Thanks

tahsinmohammad

Sep 1, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
Citizenship
cal said:
Hi Gulzar

Thanks for your reply.
My timeline as below.

AOR (if any) -

I have a question. Blue dart not accepting PO box address. Can you let me know how to send the PP to newdelhi .

Immigration Section
New Delhi 110021
India .

Canadian High Commission
Immigration Section
P.O. Box 5209
New Delhi
110021, India

Thanks

Below address should fine and I sent the passport at this address only with no PO Box thru BlueDart...

Immigration Section
New Delhi 110021
India .

Harshiddhi005

Mar 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8-MAY-2013 REACHED CIC-M ON 10-MAY-2013
AOR Received.
1-JUNE-2013
File Transfer...
4-JUNE-2013
Med's Done....
5-FEB-2013
Passport Req..
20-JUNE-2013 REACED NEW DELHI ON 27-JUNE-2013
VISA ISSUED...
HOPEFULLY SOON
LANDED..........
HOPEFULLY SOON
THANX A LOT TO ALL WHO HELPED
HELLO EVERYONE
I copy this information from another Fourm .The information provided by QORAX one of the VIP members :

Background & Security Checks

Note: Our Background Check comprises of 2 parts:
1. The Standard Documentation Checks,
2. The Security & Criminality Checks.

Standard Documentation Checks:
Our background check is done at the CHC stage. It commences the moment our file gets the 1st BFD by the VO. An indicator of which is the e-CAS that shows "In Progress". All docs been checked & our NOC being tallied against the MI, if the VO finds our case 'eligible' for Canadian PR, the file becomes 'Accepted'; and then it goes for standard background checks, viz. Exp, Quals, Adaptability, Qualitative Considerations etc.

The process involves many things. If our case file is well presented and the enclosures vouch the quality-quantity, adequate POF docs etc., there might not be a requirement of 'actually' calling the employers, references etc. The VOs have a way with that, they are experienced enough to ascertain the logical disposition of our case. But, if there are any concerns of his/her, s/he is likely to ask for additional docs, do further scrutiny vide any means [calling, visiting etc.] & might ask for an Interview.

-Culmination: When 'fully' satisfied, we get the 'Medical Request'.
-Timeframe: Can be anything around 3-8* months, for the 'fast track' system (Avg. 4-5 months).
-eCAS: Continues to Show 'In Process'.
*The older system has a queue, thus can be longer.

Security & Criminality Checks:
A part of the b/ground checks is the 'Security Check'. It commences after our med results are submitted to the CHC. This is a major activity -mainly concerning our 'safe inclusion' into the Canadian Soil; vis-a-vis, Political, Socio-Econmical, Anti-Social disposition, perceived Threat to Canada's integrity etc. This gets us the SDEC, CDEC & SECCRIM.

This is a serious & time-consuming stage, involving many agencies, including CSIS, Interpol, NASC, Database Checking & touch-base with Local Police. Many things are considered here... the No. of countries visited, Applicant coming from 'certain' countries, ex-Servicemen [including Law Enforcement services], Prolonged stay in a country w/out sufficient docs to prove cause, frequent traveling to certain nations, your *Name (?), Inter-Religion/Nationality Marriages etc.

If everything is simple & straight, the file soon gets into the 'final review' stage. If there are any 'red flags', our case goes into a 'spin'. Then our file might go to the local Police/CID agencies; the outcome/timeframe of which is beyond the control of CIC. And thereby the timeframe can be anything [sometimes beyond 1yr]. But, usually this stage should be over by 5 months max. However, a point to be noted is that we can also be called for an Interview [at this stage], due to this reason.

-Culmination: Only upon security clearance we receive the PPR.
-Timeframe: Around 2-6 months. Avg. 3 months. [With new system, sometimes PPR is clubbed with Meds]
-eCAS: Still 'In Process', but 'Med Results Recd.' inside.

*Yes, that's how a certain Mr. Sharukh Khan was detained for 4.5 hrs in an US port. He was a VIP, thus 4.5 hrs. For u & me -things could be different.
The Process in a Nutshell:

Stage-1: [CIO stage] Send Initial Apps+Processing Fees to CIO-NS > Qualitative Check > Issue of AOR+120 days Letter >

Stage-2: [CHC stage onwards] Send Full Docs+RPRF to the Local Visa Office > File on Queue > e-Cas: "Received by Visa Office" > Eligibility Check+PSDEC > Issue of 2nd AOR > Background Check > Issue of Additional docs Request [if any] > 1st BF'D > e-Cas: "In Process" > Send Addnl. Docs > Issue of Med Request > 2nd BF'D >

Stage-3: Meds Sent > e-Cas: "Medical Results Recd." > Issue of PPR* > Send Passport/s > Security Check > Visa/s Stamped > e-Cas: "Decision Made" >
*The Meds & PPR are sometimes 'clubbed' together.

Stage-4: Return of 'Stamped' Passport/s+COPR > Landing at the POE > e-Cas: "Completed".

muksi

Dec 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-10-2012
AOR Received.
18-11-2012
File Transfer...
18-11-2012
Med's Done....
01-10-2012
Passport Req..
11-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM on April 18, 2013
cal said:
Hi Gulzar

Thanks for your reply.
My timeline as below.

AOR (if any) -

Immigration Section
New Delhi 110021
India .

Canadian High Commission
Immigration Section
P.O. Box 5209
New Delhi
110021, India

Thanks
I sent my passport 2 days back. Below is the address i gave in the envelope and i sent it through BlueDart. But when they entered it in their system they didnt put the PO box.

Immigration Section
P.O. Box 5209
New Delhi 110021
India .

Hope this helps.
I have added your info in 2012 spreadsheet.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ArH8forkPk_AdDQ2cG9lNXlCc0hkTUYzazV4dHZwekE#gid=6

muksi

Dec 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-10-2012
AOR Received.
18-11-2012
File Transfer...
18-11-2012
Med's Done....
01-10-2012
Passport Req..
11-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM on April 18, 2013
Harshiddhi005 said:
THANX A LOT TO ALL WHO HELPED
HELLO EVERYONE
I copy this information from another Fourm .The information provided by QORAX one of the VIP members :

Background & Security Checks

Note: Our Background Check comprises of 2 parts:
1. The Standard Documentation Checks,
2. The Security & Criminality Checks.

Standard Documentation Checks:
Our background check is done at the CHC stage. It commences the moment our file gets the 1st BFD by the VO. An indicator of which is the e-CAS that shows "In Progress". All docs been checked & our NOC being tallied against the MI, if the VO finds our case 'eligible' for Canadian PR, the file becomes 'Accepted'; and then it goes for standard background checks, viz. Exp, Quals, Adaptability, Qualitative Considerations etc.

The process involves many things. If our case file is well presented and the enclosures vouch the quality-quantity, adequate POF docs etc., there might not be a requirement of 'actually' calling the employers, references etc. The VOs have a way with that, they are experienced enough to ascertain the logical disposition of our case. But, if there are any concerns of his/her, s/he is likely to ask for additional docs, do further scrutiny vide any means [calling, visiting etc.] & might ask for an Interview.

-Culmination: When 'fully' satisfied, we get the 'Medical Request'.
-Timeframe: Can be anything around 3-8* months, for the 'fast track' system (Avg. 4-5 months).
-eCAS: Continues to Show 'In Process'.
*The older system has a queue, thus can be longer.

Security & Criminality Checks:
A part of the b/ground checks is the 'Security Check'. It commences after our med results are submitted to the CHC. This is a major activity -mainly concerning our 'safe inclusion' into the Canadian Soil; vis-a-vis, Political, Socio-Econmical, Anti-Social disposition, perceived Threat to Canada's integrity etc. This gets us the SDEC, CDEC & SECCRIM.

This is a serious & time-consuming stage, involving many agencies, including CSIS, Interpol, NASC, Database Checking & touch-base with Local Police. Many things are considered here... the No. of countries visited, Applicant coming from 'certain' countries, ex-Servicemen [including Law Enforcement services], Prolonged stay in a country w/out sufficient docs to prove cause, frequent traveling to certain nations, your *Name (?), Inter-Religion/Nationality Marriages etc.

If everything is simple & straight, the file soon gets into the 'final review' stage. If there are any 'red flags', our case goes into a 'spin'. Then our file might go to the local Police/CID agencies; the outcome/timeframe of which is beyond the control of CIC. And thereby the timeframe can be anything [sometimes beyond 1yr]. But, usually this stage should be over by 5 months max. However, a point to be noted is that we can also be called for an Interview [at this stage], due to this reason.

-Culmination: Only upon security clearance we receive the PPR.
-Timeframe: Around 2-6 months. Avg. 3 months. [With new system, sometimes PPR is clubbed with Meds]
-eCAS: Still 'In Process', but 'Med Results Recd.' inside.

*Yes, that's how a certain Mr. Sharukh Khan was detained for 4.5 hrs in an US port. He was a VIP, thus 4.5 hrs. For u & me -things could be different.
The Process in a Nutshell:

Stage-1: [CIO stage] Send Initial Apps+Processing Fees to CIO-NS > Qualitative Check > Issue of AOR+120 days Letter >

Stage-2: [CHC stage onwards] Send Full Docs+RPRF to the Local Visa Office > File on Queue > e-Cas: "Received by Visa Office" > Eligibility Check+PSDEC > Issue of 2nd AOR > Background Check > Issue of Additional docs Request [if any] > 1st BF'D > e-Cas: "In Process" > Send Addnl. Docs > Issue of Med Request > 2nd BF'D >

Stage-3: Meds Sent > e-Cas: "Medical Results Recd." > Issue of PPR* > Send Passport/s > Security Check > Visa/s Stamped > e-Cas: "Decision Made" >
*The Meds & PPR are sometimes 'clubbed' together.

Stage-4: Return of 'Stamped' Passport/s+COPR > Landing at the POE > e-Cas: "Completed".
Thanks Harshiddhi005 for posting this information, its very helpful.
+1 for you.

information1234

Star Member
Mar 14, 2013
Hi sir.
I am really impress from your information.i have a big question I just got married.my wife have haveva 3 kids her ex marrige. But her mother in law she alredy adopet her kids should in the application mention about the kid if yes so which part the application I should mention kindly guide me

roam

Star Member
Jul 31, 2012
Toronto, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Gulzar,
Please update my info.

Medicals done # 25th Dec, 2012
Application sent to Mississauga # 14th Feb 2013
Application received # 15th Feb 2013
AOR # 26th Feb 2013
Sponsorship Approval # 13th March, 2013

Thanks.

roam

Star Member
Jul 31, 2012
Toronto, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
guys I have a question if some one can answer that would be great.

I applied to sponsor my wife as a PR and the visa office selected is New Delhi. She is Indian and is residing in USA for the past 6 months so I cannot select USA as visa office in the application as its less than one year in USA.
I got my SA yesterday and the file is transferred to New Delhi.
She is currently in USA on work (L1) Visa. I am expecting passport request in next 4 to 5 weeks.

Question:
When I get the passport request, can she send the passport to Delhi VO from USA or she has to find some one going to India and then mail it from there.
When the PR is approved and visa is stamped where will they send the passport to? is it residential address or mailing address.

In the application I gave residential address as USA and mailing address as India (where her parents stay).

Thanks in advance.

hello888

Mar 6, 2013
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello roam,

1 . For sure you need your passport in the country you are staying to prove your identity in case required ( i have read somewhere to post/courier your passport out of your country of residence considered illeagal.) and Yes You have to figure out somehow to send your passport to the Delhi Office through someone known or mail or courier.. usually Courier companies hesitate about passports (Check with them)

2. Most likely ND will mail this back to your mailing address in India.

Hope this help.

muksi

Dec 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-10-2012
AOR Received.
18-11-2012
File Transfer...
18-11-2012
Med's Done....
01-10-2012
Passport Req..
11-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM on April 18, 2013
hello888 said:
Hello roam,

1 . For sure you need your passport in the country you are staying to prove your identity in case required and Yes You have to figure out somehow to send your passport to the delhi Office through someone known or mail or courier.. usually Courier companies hesitate about passports (Check with them)

2. Most likely ND will mail this back to your mailing address in India.

Hope this help.
I assume sending Indian passport outside the country by mail or courier is illegal. So only option is if someone carries it personally and do the same when you receive the visa.
But as mentioned by hello888, staying in US without your passport is a risk and since the timeline to get the visa is unpredictable the risk is much higher.
Instead you can inform NDVO that you will send the passport later when they are almost done with the processing. There are some members in 2012 thread who have done that. They might send a second PPR. You can refer to those threads to find out details on that.

All the best and congrats for your sponsorship approval!

hello888

Mar 6, 2013
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello roam,

here i have found similar situation for you...hope this will help.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/how-to-send-passport-to-canada-from-india-t23036.0.html

JK145

Feb 14, 2013
You need to also consider a possibility that she may be called for an interview. If she is, how will she travel without the passport?

JK145

Feb 14, 2013
Hi Gulzar,

I am not sure why it is so important the data I physically mailed the application (Feb 11) and the meds done (dec 17, 2012). The numbers that actually provide guidance are all there and are mainly the ones post date of receipt by Mississauga.