19-02-2013
Med's Done....
01-01-2013
Passport Req..
09-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
06-09-2013
mum_girl said:
Sorry if I scared you coz I didn't mean to. It takes up to 120 days(in total) after PPR. It also differs from case to case. If you look at the sheet only "hm82" has received the PRV and he applied on 31st December. His wife had briefly traveled to two countries which didn't include Canada. My understanding is that if one has traveled to Canada before they take more time to revert. Since I have traveled to Canada before they're taking their time to get back. I am guessing that my PRV should come through in a month's time unless they come up with something else.

One's who don't have travel history they get their PRV's sooner than the one's who have traveled abroad.

I understand how you feel. This wait is difficult for us as well but we can't do much than to be patient and stay positive while we wait for the PRV. Remember one thing you're not alone we all are there with you in this waiting game. Keep your communications regular with your partner as communication plays an important role in long distance relationships. With the help of it you both can stay positive and this separation time will pass soon.

Hope this answer's your question. If you have any more do let me know.

Good luck with your application. Hope you get your PRV soon.

Regards,
mum_girl
Ha ha... yeah.. there is nothing much we can do.. apart from waiting... after I applied for PR, I applied visitor visa for my wife which got rejected... now I wonder if this will delay my case futher... fingers crossed.. good luck to everyone who are in this waiting game... :)

- Gupta

mum_girl

Apr 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
7th Jan 2013
AOR Received.
13th Feb 2013
File Transfer...
13th Feb 2013
Med's Request
29th Jan 2013
Med's Done....
4th Feb 2013
Passport Req..
9th Mar 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Awaiting
LANDED..........
Awaiting
gupta417 said:
Is it 120 days after PPR or 120 days after file transfered to India? ? ?
Quick question "Has your status changed from "Application received" to "In process"? Mine hasn't changed to "In process" as yet.

gupta417

Apr 29, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-01-2013
AOR Received.
06-02-2013
File Transfer...
19-02-2013
Med's Done....
01-01-2013
Passport Req..
09-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
06-09-2013
mum_girl said:
Quick question "Has your status changed from "Application received" to "In process"? Mine hasn't changed to "In process" as yet.
same with me... mine is also still "Application Received"... daily I check atleast 2 to 3 times knowing it is not gonna change during Canadian day time... :) will update everyone in this forum when my status changes...

- Gupta

mum_girl

Apr 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
7th Jan 2013
AOR Received.
13th Feb 2013
File Transfer...
13th Feb 2013
Med's Request
29th Jan 2013
Med's Done....
4th Feb 2013
Passport Req..
9th Mar 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Awaiting
LANDED..........
Awaiting
gupta417 said:
same with me... mine is also still "Application Received"... daily I check atleast 2 to 3 times knowing it is not gonna change during Canadian day time... :) will update everyone in this forum when my status changes...

- Gupta
Typically they review your application, set a BFD (Bring Fwd Date) date and then send your docs for background check etc (to external agencies); It's only when your BFD dates arrive that's the time they open your file again and if all checks are done and they are ready to review the file will they change the status to "In Process".

Please also note that the ecas status update is usually delayed .. so actually processing might start earlier .. as long as a week earlier ! Once your file is in Process .. one pretty much gets a DM from within a week to a month - depending on the case complexity etc ...

I posted a note on E-cas before in this forum. I am adding it here again for you to check it out.

mum_girl said:
Hi all,

Given below is some of the information I came across a long time ago and had shared this in this forum before. I thought of sharing it again for the new joinees. Hope it helps.

Why has the status of my application on CAS not changed, even though I sent it a long time ago?

Client Application Status (CAS) may not show some activities on your file for many weeks. That is because the visa offices and the case processing centres get a lot of information.
In many cases, an in-process file is actually waiting in a queue for initial review. Applications are handled in the order they are received and on a case-by-case basis. The waiting time in this queue can be long. Applications are processed according to the application processing times at a given location.
In addition, CAS does not show some other actions—such as security checks—at all. So it may appear as though nothing is happening to your file, even though you have had interactions with Citizenship and Immigration Canada recently.

How can I update or ask about an application in progress?

If your application is already in progress, use the Client Application Status (CAS) service. This online service allows you to view the status of your immigration and/or citizenship application online.
You can also use the Case Specific Enquiry link on the website for the visa office if:
• you wish to report important changes regarding your application, such as
o births,
o deaths,
o marriages,
o divorces,
o adoptions,
o changes in address,
o changes in employment,
o acquisition of a new educational credential or
o results of an approved language test;
• you are seeking information that is not available via the Client Application Status service; or
• the processing of your application is taking longer than the normal processing time (you will not get an answer if the normal processing time has not yet elapsed).

How often is the information on the Client Application Status (CAS) service updated?

CAS is updated weekly. Please check the application processing times to see how long it will take to process your application.

The Client Application Status site is updated weekly, usually on Tuesdays.

Just a suggestion - We don't need to check E-cas daily and save ourselves from the worry we go through when we don't see any updates. We can check it on every Wednesday as for the rest of the days it remains the same.

Good luck with your applications. Hope we all get our PR's soon.

Regards,
mum_girl

sammy377

May 13, 2013
hi
my husband had an interview on 13th

can any1 please tell me how long does it take in general for "application received" to change into "in process" and "decision made" after that?

information1234

Star Member
Mar 14, 2013
TLSD said:
I would suggest that you send them an email and attach a scan of her new passport. And in the message body , just explain that this is her new passport.
hi there.thanks for your help I recived aor from mississauga I know the fax no but I don't know what is email should I send now my spose latest passport or later of possible can i know what is the email address

Harshiddhi005

Mar 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8-MAY-2013 REACHED CIC-M ON 10-MAY-2013
AOR Received.
1-JUNE-2013
File Transfer...
4-JUNE-2013
Med's Done....
5-FEB-2013
Passport Req..
20-JUNE-2013 REACED NEW DELHI ON 27-JUNE-2013
VISA ISSUED...
HOPEFULLY SOON
LANDED..........
HOPEFULLY SOON
We advise you to check/track your passport/visa application status by using the following three modes:- Helpline Number : Please refer to our “Contact Us” page: http://vfs-canada.co.in/contactus.html SMS Facility: Type VISA CD (PASSPORT NUMBER) and send by SMS to 57333. Track Passport Status Online:http://vfs-canada.co.in/visatracking.html

Check if anyone gets info bout there passport/visa :) let me knw what u get as ans :)

YogMys

Feb 17, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2nd April 2013
AOR Received.
19th April 2013
File Transfer...
24th April 2013
Med's Done....
25th Feb 2013
Passport Req..
21st May 2013
VISA ISSUED...
25th Oct 2013 (in-process since 4th Oct n Decision made on 28th Oct)
LANDED..........
12th Nov 2013
James.007 said:
Thanks a lot bhupi20 and aman_sidhu for sharing your experience.

I really appreciate....:)
Congrats James :p

Harshiddhi005

Mar 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8-MAY-2013 REACHED CIC-M ON 10-MAY-2013
AOR Received.
1-JUNE-2013
File Transfer...
4-JUNE-2013
Med's Done....
5-FEB-2013
Passport Req..
20-JUNE-2013 REACED NEW DELHI ON 27-JUNE-2013
VISA ISSUED...
HOPEFULLY SOON
LANDED..........
HOPEFULLY SOON
I came to knw bout one more thing for long wait after ppr is they check for all address you have lived after 18 years so if u have less address on, the time for it goes less...

nrn1

Star Member
May 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
April , 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
January 9
VISA ISSUED...
In process : November 25
LANDED..........
Wating....
gupta417 said:

- Gupta

Hi just a quick question here, my file was trasfer to NDVO on April 9 but no PPR letter yet.but i seen that others file transfer after april 9 are saying they got PPR..any ideas ?

Thank you,

Kishie

Jun 22, 2012
Dear All,

This is a request for all who read/write on this forum.

I am looking for an Indian couple (Canada PR holder) who did interfaith marriage (very specific Hindu-Christian faith) and got their spouse visa approval from New Delhi Visa office (outland)

I would appreciate if you can share what all information you had provided during your spouse application. Any specific details in particular were provided or were asked by Visa office later in the processing stage (may be in interview or email/letter sent by CIC asking for more information) which would help other (even me) in curtailing the processing time for the spouse visa.

I am asking this because I have learnt that interfaith marriage in India (very specific Hindu-Christian) are refused spouse visa by the New Delhi Visa Office very easily.

Your valuable inputs will help me as I did interfaith marriage (where I am Christian and my husband is Hindu). We did Court marriage then traditional marriage as per both religions (without converting). I am applying for spouse sponsorship very soon.

saidpuria

Star Member
Nov 1, 2012
jalandhar
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-03-2013
Doc's Request.
12-08-2013
File Transfer...
08-04-2013
Passport Req..
29-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
dm on 9th jan
if someone gets ppr, does that mean he or she has cleared background and security checks?

Sa8790

Apr 19, 2013
Hi,
I filed my application on Jan 2nd and for PPR on 9th March. Today after 2 months, My wife had an interview with CHC. In that interview they asked about how long we were together after marriage, husband name, DOF, address, and few more general question.

Could u please tell me what's going on? Does it mean they opened her file. Please let me know if somebody have an answer.

Thank you

Sa8790

Apr 19, 2013
Sa8790 said:
Hi,
I filed my application on Jan 2nd and for PPR on 9th March. Today after 2 months, My wife had an interview with CHC. In that interview they asked about how long we were together after marriage, husband name, DOF, address, and few more general question.

Could u please tell me what's going on? Does it mean they opened her file. Please let me know if somebody have an answer.

Thank you
It was a phone interview by the way

maverick.dexter

Feb 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6 Feb 2013
File Transfer...
27 Feb 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
28 May 2013
VISA ISSUED...
7 Aug 2013...DM: 14 Aug 2013
Sa8790 said:
It was a phone interview by the way
That is definitely a good sign. I am pretty sure they are working on your file and had few questions about your relationship...hope you get visa soon :)