Jan 29, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
scorpionking said:
Hey friends,

Received my PP with shining Visa and 2 copr copies today this morning through postman, thanks to everyone in this forum for all your support and co-operation with sharing different types of immigration related views, this forum is really very much helpful and informative.

Wish everyone to get their updates soon and get their visa early. :)

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!
HOW long did it took after you submitted your PP..?
Enjoy!

Patientlywaiting1234

Star Member
Nov 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-05-2012
File Transfer...
24-07-2012
Med's Done....
02-03-2012
Interview........
01-21-2013
Passport Req..
17-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
In Process. 01-25-2013. DM 11-18-13
Just wondering. What's a COPR?

brar.arsh

Dec 22, 2010
London ON
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jul-09-2012
AOR Received.
Sep-25-2012
File Transfer...
Sep-26-2012
Med's Done....
June-01-2012
Passport Req..
Oct-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
In Process Apr-03-2013, DM Apr-12-2013
LANDED..........
May-18-2013
aks.asr1 said:
Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!
HOW long did it took after you submitted your PP..?
Enjoy!
6 Months.. :p

roam

Star Member
Jul 31, 2012
Toronto, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
guys I have a question if some one can answer that would be great.

I applied to sponsor my wife as a PR and the visa office selected is New Delhi. She is Indian and is residing in USA for the past 6 months so I cannot select USA as visa office in the application as its less than one year in USA.
I got my SA yesterday and the file is transferred to New Delhi.
She is currently in USA on work (L1) Visa. I am expecting passport request in next 4 to 5 weeks.

Question:
When I get the passport request, can she send the passport to Delhi VO from USA or she has to find some one going to India and then mail it from there.
When the PR is approved and visa is stamped where will they send the passport to? is it residential address or mailing address.

In the application I gave residential address as USA and mailing address as India (where her parents stay).
Is there someone who has similar situation ??

Thanks in advance.

GulzarND

Jan 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10 JAN, 2013
AOR Received.
25 JAN, 2013
File Transfer...
25 JAN, 2013
Med's Done....
04 JAN, 2013
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
11 MAR, 2013
LANDED..........
VERY SOON.
Hi Namachii,

Welcome to the Forum (NEW DELHI - 2013 APPLICANTS) !!!

Click the Link below for the Forum :-

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/new-delhi-2013-applicants-t132103.405.html

You are added in the Spreadsheet !!! One more thing, whether Feb 01, 2013 is the date of sending your Application or date of receiving the Application by the CIC ? And what is the other date ?

Find the Link of Spreadsheet in my Signature !!!

All the BEST,
Gulzar !!!

Namachii said:
Congrats scorpionking! That's a wonderful to hear that!

GulzarND

Jan 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10 JAN, 2013
AOR Received.
25 JAN, 2013
File Transfer...
25 JAN, 2013
Med's Done....
04 JAN, 2013
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
11 MAR, 2013
LANDED..........
VERY SOON.
@ Patientlywaiting1234,

COPR stands for Confirmation of Permanent Residence (IMM 5292) which was previously known as Record of Landing (IMM 1000). So you get two copies of COPR Letter along with your Passport Stamped with PR Visa after you get the Decision Made (DM) from the Visa Office. Also remember never sign those letters. You have to sign it in front of the Immigration Officer at the time of Landing Process in Canada.

I hope it helps !!!

All the BEST,
Gulzar !!!

Patientlywaiting1234 said:
Just wondering. What's a COPR?

GulzarND

Jan 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10 JAN, 2013
AOR Received.
25 JAN, 2013
File Transfer...
25 JAN, 2013
Med's Done....
04 JAN, 2013
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
11 MAR, 2013
LANDED..........
VERY SOON.
Hi roam,

I have answered your question. Go to our Forum on Page No. 28 and you will get the best solution for your problem.

All the BEST,
Gulzar !!!

roam said:

I applied to sponsor my wife as a PR and the visa office selected is New Delhi. She is Indian and is residing in USA for the past 6 months so I cannot select USA as visa office in the application as its less than one year in USA.
She is currently in USA on work (L1) Visa. I am expecting passport request in next 4 to 5 weeks.

Question:
When I get the passport request, can she send the passport to Delhi VO from USA or she has to find some one going to India and then mail it from there.
When the PR is approved and visa is stamped where will they send the passport to? is it residential address or mailing address.

In the application I gave residential address as USA and mailing address as India (where her parents stay).

Thanks in advance.

GulzarND

Jan 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10 JAN, 2013
AOR Received.
25 JAN, 2013
File Transfer...
25 JAN, 2013
Med's Done....
04 JAN, 2013
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
11 MAR, 2013
LANDED..........
VERY SOON.
BRAR SAAB,

BUS TUHADA KANDA KADHNA HI PENA LAGDA !!!
THEEK HAI VEERE TUHADA NUMBER VI LA DINEY AA PHIR ISSEY MAHINEY !!!

All the BEST,
Gulzar !!!

brar.arsh said:
6 Months.. :p

zenn

Feb 21, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-08-2012
AOR Received.
26-09-2012
Med's Done....
10-05-2012; Re-med: 06/2013
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
26-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
12-10-2013
scorpionking said:
Hey friends,

Received my PP with shining Visa and 2 copr copies today this morning through postman, thanks to everyone in this forum for all your support and co-operation with sharing different types of immigration related views, this forum is really very much helpful and informative.

Wish everyone to get their updates soon and get their visa early. :)
Congratulations!! Good luck :) :)

Vipulpatel

Mar 14, 2013
Spouse visa- 2012 applicants

Hi guys I live in Australia on temporary visa and my wife sponsored me for spouse visa from canada. We applied in October 2012 and my Australian visa is going to expire in may. So I am going back to my country. So if I change my address and country from ECAS and go back to my country does my spouse visa process step 2 start from beginning or it will continue? Please help urgent......

JAGGU

May 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-08-2012
Doc's Request.
-
Nomination.....
-
AOR Received.
16 oct 2012
IELTS Request
-
File Transfer...
08 nov 2012
Med's Request
18 dec 2012
Med's Done....
24 dec 2012
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
18 dec 2012 (2nd PPR on Mar'13, submitted in Apr'13, again in Jun'13)
VISA ISSUED...
7 sep 13
Re: Spouse visa- 2012 applicants

Vipulpatel said:
Hi guys I live in Australia on temporary visa and my wife sponsored me for spouse visa from canada. We applied in October 2012 and my Australian visa is going to expire in may. So I am going back to my country. So if I change my address and country from ECAS and go back to my country does my spouse visa process step 2 start from beginning or it will continue? Please help urgent......
Vipulbhai... i believe u cannot change in ecas... so ask NDVO to change by sending official letter to them stating your file number...

regards

addcited123

Jan 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
feb 22 2012
File Transfer...
may 11 2012
Med's Done....
jan 14 2012, remedical done on mar 11 2013
Interview........
feb 27 2013, inprocess from 27 feb 2013
Passport Req..
june 4 2012
VISA ISSUED...
DM on april 21 2013,received pp on april 27 2013
LANDED..........
Ontario on May 3 2013
Hi scorpionking, congrats party time ;D ;D
Best of luck and dont forget ur friends. Keep praying for us.

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi ( Parents Sponsorship )
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
roam said:

Question:

Thanks in advance.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Read back of passport

1) Passport cannot be sent out country via mail - although there are few who have sent it with other paperwork and have been successful but HUGE RISK
2) Some say that IF customs does find Indian passport and see it addressed to Canadian Immigration then they might let it go but again it's speculation

You can read this post here - person says sent 4 passports to ND via Canada Post - http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/sending-passport-to-india-from-canada-please-suggesturgent-t124880.0.html;msg1927776#msg1927776 and he confirmed via PM with me that he wrote INDIAN PASSPORTS

About 2-3 people in the Parents Sponsorship thread have done the same via FedEX with no issues

3) It also says that it has to be with holder or person authorized ( i., with a letter ) - but it doesn't mention if the holder can carry it outside the country but some seem to suggest its within country only
In this scenario, the safest ( considerably ) is to send it via a relative, and regardless your address being of US or Canada - Delhi will only mail it to Local Indian Address

I just spent 2K to fly to India for 5 days to drop my parents passports since they are here visiting me ( I had 2 people who promised to take but backed out at the end ) I would have taken the risk of mailing it myself but issue is my parents have total of 8 passports including expired ones and I didn't wanna take a chance

Its surely is a pickle but I went for "safe than sorry", now I have to figure a way to get it back to Canada as well

Delhi's reply to my request for File Transfer a while back, check their reply

Dear Sir/Madam,

This is in response to your recent email enquiry to the Immigration Section of the High Commission of Canada in New Delhi.

If the applicant or dependents are currently outside of India, or have upcoming or frequent travel outside of India, they are not required to submit passports at this time. However, if they are not submitting their passport with the other items requested, they or their authorized representative must submit a letter explaining why they are unable to submit their passport. When the processing of the application has reached the final review stage, we will send a second request letter. Once the applicant receives this letter, they must submit their passport by the date specified, failing which the application may be refused.

Please note that waiting for a second passport request will delay the completion of processing of the application.

The visa(s) can only be issued by the visa office where the application is in process and cannot be transferred to Canada or any other visa office for visa issuance. As well, Indian law prohibits the sending of passports in and out of the country by mail or courier.

Once the applicant submits their passport, they will need to provide a mailing address in India to which their passport can be returned by Registered mail after the visa is issued. If that address is different than the address currently on file, they will need to submit an original letter, signed by them or their authorized representative, requesting a change of address.

A trusted friend, relative, or agent may send, through the secure means outlined above, from within India, their passport to our office on their behalf. However, please note that it is the applicant’s responsibility to send the passports to our office in adherence with international law and within the deadline which we have given for such submission.

Applicants can check the status of their case on the CIC website by clicking on Client Application Status. For actual processing times of permanent resident applications in New Delhi for the last 12 months, please click here. Applicants may also refer to our website, www.india.gc.ca, for more information about processing times.

We trust that this information will be of assistance.

Immigration Section -8.
High Commission of Canada
PO Box 5209
7/8 Shantipath, Chanakyapuri
New Delhi, India 110021

zenn

Feb 21, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-08-2012
AOR Received.
26-09-2012
Med's Done....
10-05-2012; Re-med: 06/2013
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
26-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
12-10-2013
user828 said:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Read back of passport

1) Passport cannot be sent out country via mail - although there are few who have sent it with other paperwork and have been successful but HUGE RISK
2) Some say that IF customs does find Indian passport and see it addressed to Canadian Immigration then they might let it go but again it's speculation

You can read this post here - person says sent 4 passports to ND via Canada Post - http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/sending-passport-to-india-from-canada-please-suggesturgent-t124880.0.html;msg1927776#msg1927776 and he confirmed via PM with me that he wrote INDIAN PASSPORTS

About 2-3 people in the Parents Sponsorship thread have done the same via FedEX with no issues

3) It also says that it has to be with holder or person authorized ( i., with a letter ) - but it doesn't mention if the holder can carry it outside the country but some seem to suggest its within country only
In this scenario, the safest ( considerably ) is to send it via a relative, and regardless your address being of US or Canada - Delhi will only mail it to Local Indian Address

I just spent 2K to fly to India for 5 days to drop my parents passports since they are here visiting me ( I had 2 people who promised to take but backed out at the end ) I would have taken the risk of mailing it myself but issue is my parents have total of 8 passports including expired ones and I didn't wanna take a chance

Its surely is a pickle but I went for "safe than sorry", now I have to figure a way to get it back to Canada as well

Delhi's reply to my request for File Transfer a while back, check their reply

Hey! I was outside India when I got my PPR... My lawyer told me to either go back and submit it within a month or mail them with the rest of the documents explaining that I was currently over seas and to ask for another PPR when they actually needed the passport.. This would delay the process only by the number of takes it would take me to go back to India and send the passport from the day I got the second PPR (I opted for option 1).

NDVO ONLY sends the passport back to an address IN INDIA... & the final step of getting PR is actually 'landing' in the country!

Before you send out her passport by mail to India and then have the same returned to her by mail (from NDVO to her parents to her) please ENSURE that it is OK for her to complete the LANDING formalities coming from USA rather than India!

The last thing you would want is to get stuck at the utmost final stage...

Good luck

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi ( Parents Sponsorship )
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
zenn said:
Hey! I was outside India when I got my PPR... My lawyer told me to either go back and submit it within a month or mail them with the rest of the documents explaining that I was currently over seas and to ask for another PPR when they actually needed the passport.. This would delay the process only by the number of takes it would take me to go back to India and send the passport from the day I got the second PPR (I opted for option 1).

NDVO ONLY sends the passport back to an address IN INDIA... & the final step of getting PR is actually 'landing' in the country!

Before you send out her passport by mail to India and then have the same returned to her by mail (from NDVO to her parents to her) please ENSURE that it is OK for her to complete the LANDING formalities coming from USA rather than India!

The last thing you would want is to get stuck at the utmost final stage...

Good luck
.that is not an issue, she would simply enter Canada from US. Infact, lot of people are already in Canada ( for eg, parents ) when this occurs and there is a process called "flagpoling" where you go to US border, and say I want to flagpole, they refuse admission to US for administrative reasons and then let you reenter Canada with a U-Turn and they finish the process, in her case, she will entering directly from US so no issues

Flagpoling is typical when you don't have US visa, else just enter US and make a u-turn