+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NEW CHANGES TO SOWP- 2024

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
and can you suggest me if i should re apply again because my 2nd semester will get over on 19aug2024 but i have a permit till december 31st 2024. will they still give my wife visa on basis of my study permit?
No point in applying if program ends in August. Apply when you are applying for PGWP. IRCC usually doesn’t process SOWPs within 6 months of program completion. Again you can go ahead but look at processing times.

Jun 2, 2024
My spouse's sowp application got refused. I am currently a full time student doing pgwp Im literally confused about the eligibility criteria.I s he still be able to reapply for the sowp or not?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
My spouse's sowp application got refused. I am currently a full time student doing pgwp Im literally confused about the eligibility criteria.I s he still be able to reapply for the sowp or not?
Are you taking a Masters/PhD? When did spouse apply for SOWP? Was it after the changes were announced? If after January changes were announced then not eligible and seeing many people’s spouses being refused on the forum. You can go through judicial review and try an overturn the decision or ask for reconsideration showing that you have the current POF for two people and ties for spouse to return. You can wait until you have PGWP.

Jun 2, 2024
Im currently doing post graduation diploma course we lodged his file on 15th November 2023.they started reviewing his application after my course ended .In may they started reviewing and on April I finished my 1st course.I will start my second course from fall2024.They stated the reason that your spouses' study got finished so you aren't eligible

Jun 2, 2024
Are you taking a Masters/PhD? When did spouse apply for SOWP? Was it after the changes were announced? If after January changes were announced then not eligible and seeing many people’s spouses being refused on the forum. You can go through judicial review and try an overturn the decision or ask for reconsideration showing that you have the current POF for two people and ties for spouse to return. You can wait until you have PGWP.
I raised a webform for reconsideration by adding all the documents say new study permit extension and other documents

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I raised a webform for reconsideration by adding all the documents say new study permit extension and other documents
There are no timelines for reconsideration so IRCC may not notify you for a while. If the second course is a Masters then it may be approved. Spouse is not eligible if not a Masters so may need to wait until you have PGWP.