+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Aspirant for Canada PR under Express Entry 2015

shankyraj

May 14, 2014
Hello

I am a new member in this forum and have many doubts as per my limited research on Canada immigration program . I have attended consultant/immigration seminar (1 month back )and became interested for Express Entry for 2015 . I am interested because in this program i dnt have to quit my current job n take risk ,while i can give interviews from my country and apply PR once job is finalized and enter Canada .
1.) Consultant is charging 6000 $ for getting in Canada , in which services include 2 months(June/July) building profile - getting through EOI (expression of interest) , Aug-Oct - we will get interview calls and clear interview , Nov-Dec - applying PR based on job , Jan 2015 we enter Canada as per 2015 . I checked on govt website and currently total fees for PR is around 1200 $ . Is there any Canada immigration certification from govt. which people like me can rely before investing huge amount ( like Australia has got MARA )? What is the probability if i try form my side because i can fill all my paperwork but am not sure how will i get jobs since i cant contact employers , and no job means no PR as per express entry?
2.) Any advice you want to give me for applying PR after reading my above story ?
3.) As per me , there will be difference between skills in Canada IT technical job and in Indian IT industry , for example am Business Analyst by designation and its different from job description in Canada( checked on indeed.ca job portal) , so how will i be able to crack interview , or do i need to join some of the skills set in Canada because its all about cracking interview and getting PR from 2015 ?do you know any such online institute i can rely or any famous immigration services you want to suggest ,who can fulfill my requirements .
4.) My designation has 1 to many mappings like i worked on QA processes / analysis / which means i can apply for jobs as Business analyst , Qa tester , System analyst (job under FSW -NOC 2171) , so is it possible to apply for many openings so that my probability of cracking interview increases .

Thanks!!

Hope1957

Feb 26, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-06-2014
LANDED..........
21-03-15
Before you make a decision to hire an immigration lawyer or consultant, just know that none of us (and I'm certain this includes these lawyers and consultants) know a lot about Express Entry which is set to commence in January 2015. It is best that you wait till the new immigration system begins and then decide if you want to immigrate to Canada or not. At that point, you will better know how the system will work as there will be more information about it at that point.
You can start here http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/representative/verify-rep.asp to find out if an immigration lawyer/consultant is authorized or not.
$6,000 is a lot of money and keep in mind that it is very difficult (not impossible) to get job interviews in Canada from India. A lot of Canadian employers are relucatant to employ foreigners who are not Canadian permanent residents or citizens simply because of the lengthy complicated work permit/visa procedures. So unless you have certain skills that these employers cannot absolutely find in Canada, it's going to be very hard for you to find a job or to get an interview. The timelines promised (I presume) by this immigration consultant is rather fishy. No one can guarantee you these timelines, when it comes to immigration and finding a job in a new country (especially from your home country).
If you currently qualify for the federal skilled worker program, I suggest you apply ASAP.
As for applying under Express Entry in 2015, please wait until then to make a decision on your immigration. In the meantime, you can start gathering the necessary documents which you will require for your immigration, (e.g. IELTS, ECA reports, etc.)
Good luck!

kaka123

Dec 4, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-09-2013
AOR Received.
07-11-2013
Med's Request
02-04-2014
Med's Done....
04-04-2014
Passport Req..
24-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
25-04-2014
LANDED..........
3-05-2014
From what you have written above it look like scam. Even the process of express entry its not yet out and someone is assuring you he can help you with it. i might be wrong but the only advice is that you should take extra care. If you need any info check cic website who knows you might even be qualified for the federal skill category.

hitsbecool

Apr 9, 2014
Toronto
kaka123 said:
From what you have written above it look like scam. Even the process of express entry its not yet out and someone is assuring you he can help you with it. i might be wrong but the only advice is that you should take extra care. If you need any info check cic website who knows you might even be qualified for the federal skill category.
Agree.

retwant

Dec 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Second that. If you were asking question on this CEC discussion, would be it safe to assume that you might be qualified for CEC? How about FSW? Rather than waiting till 2015, might as well apply for CEC. By then, most likely you would have gotten a medical request or passport request.

Can you tell us more about your experience and qualifications? Maybe we can help better that way...

iamroth

Champion Member
Jan 26, 2013
Category........
App. Filed.......
23-03-2018
We do not know the details of Express Entry yet. So it will be unwise to commit yourself to such huge amount of money - without knowing what you are signing up for.

You can start your IELTS exercises so you can get a high score, and after a month or so appear for the IELTS Exam. THE IELTS result is valid for 2 years, so you can do it early. Also you can start gathering documents like copy of birth certificate, making sure passport is renewed, get married if you want to - Just be ready for Express Entry. As soon as EE opens at January 2015 - BAAAM fill out application and Apply for it.

shankyraj

May 14, 2014
retwant said:
Second that. If you were asking question on this CEC discussion, would be it safe to assume that you might be qualified for CEC? How about FSW? Rather than waiting till 2015, might as well apply for CEC. By then, most likely you would have gotten a medical request or passport request.

Can you tell us more about your experience and qualifications? Maybe we can help better that way...
I am Business Analyst in Defined benefits domain ( US HRO domain Human Resource Outsourcing , more into Pension payroll ) with more than 7 years of experience . My education background consists of Bachelor of Engineering (Information Technology ) . My skills also include QA testing , manual /automation and writing SQL queries on sybase for DB domain .

iamelle

Oct 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb. 20, 2014
AOR Received.
March 18, 2014
IELTS Request
CELPIP - Sent with application
Med's Request
Sept 9, 2014
Med's Done....
Sept 19, 2014
Passport Req..
January 21, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
March 26, 2015
LANDED..........
March 28, 2015
^ While you have an in demand IT skills, please bear in mind that every country has its own HR, payroll and taxation rules. It will be hard to get something immediately but you will be very lucky to find a company who will hire you despite not having Canadian experience.

nshiva

Oct 29, 2014
Shankyraj, Have u enrolled in the Skills International program.. I would like to know about the reviews ?

nettoyant

Star Member
Jul 17, 2013
The consultant looks like a scam to me. How can they price something that no one at this point knows what's going to be?

Gurindar

Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
03-12-2014
shankyraj said:
Hello

I am a new member in this forum and have many doubts as per my limited research on Canada immigration program . I have attended consultant/immigration seminar (1 month back )and became interested for Express Entry for 2015 . I am interested because in this program i dnt have to quit my current job n take risk ,while i can give interviews from my country and apply PR once job is finalized and enter Canada .
1.) Consultant is charging 6000 $ for getting in Canada , in which services include 2 months(June/July) building profile - getting through EOI (expression of interest) , Aug-Oct - we will get interview calls and clear interview , Nov-Dec - applying PR based on job , Jan 2015 we enter Canada as per 2015 . I checked on govt website and currently total fees for PR is around 1200 $ . Is there any Canada immigration certification from govt. which people like me can rely before investing huge amount ( like Australia has got MARA )? What is the probability if i try form my side because i can fill all my paperwork but am not sure how will i get jobs since i cant contact employers , and no job means no PR as per express entry?
2.) Any advice you want to give me for applying PR after reading my above story ?
3.) As per me , there will be difference between skills in Canada IT technical job and in Indian IT industry , for example am Business Analyst by designation and its different from job description in Canada( checked on indeed.ca job portal) , so how will i be able to crack interview , or do i need to join some of the skills set in Canada because its all about cracking interview and getting PR from 2015 ?do you know any such online institute i can rely or any famous immigration services you want to suggest ,who can fulfill my requirements .
4.) My designation has 1 to many mappings like i worked on QA processes / analysis / which means i can apply for jobs as Business analyst , Qa tester , System analyst (job under FSW -NOC 2171) , so is it possible to apply for many openings so that my probability of cracking interview increases .

Thanks!!
You are too early to ask this question , To me 6000 to a consultant is utter waste of money , Express Entry will start in Jan 2015 and there is no prescribed date as of now . So my advice is be ready with your documents that's all you can do . Know body knows how EOI will be working .

sidaktoronto

Sep 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
NOC Code......
228X
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 7, 2015
Doc's Request.
October 28, 2015
Nomination.....
September 12, 2015
AOR Received.
October 7, 2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with EE Application
File Transfer...
Not Applicable
Med's Request
Submitted with EE Application
Med's Done....
October 6, 2015
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
Feb 19, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 24, 2016
LANDED..........
March 8, 2016
kaka123 said:
i agree, it seems like a scam...he is just showing you picture when the actual rules are not even out yet !!

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
shankyraj said:
Agree with the others, we still don't know all the details on express entry, so it is premature (at best) to hire a consultant.

There are things you can do to be prepared once the programs open in January. As mentioned previously, take the IELTs exam.

Secondly - get your credential assessment done. This is a relatively new requirement for the federal skilled workers program, and I sincerely doubt it will be going away.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/newcomers/credentials/

Third - one thing we DO know about the express entry system - if your "expression of interest" application is selected by CIC, your application goes into an approved candidates pool that prospective employers can search - they will find you, if your skills are in demand.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/backgrounders/2013/2013-10-28b.asp?
_ga=1.156335547.1855583373.1414703570

Finally, you can start getting familiar with jobbank -
http://www.jobbank.gc.ca/home-eng.do?lang=eng

gaurav garg

Nov 3, 2014
i gaurav garg also intend to become member .i m b.tech .pls share mobile numbet for discussion. my e mail is kushale7@gmail.com

CEC_1304

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2014
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
02-May 2015
gaurav garg said:
i gaurav garg also intend to become member .i m b.tech .pls share mobile numbet for discussion. my e mail is kushale7 @ gmail.com
Welcome Gaurav in forum.
you are already member of this forum :)
You can post your queries in forum and member can try to help you based on their experience

Good Luck