Received 30-12-2014
Interview........
Not Required
VISA ISSUED...
07-10-2015
LANDED..........
Flight booked for 11-11-2015
displacedcanuk said:
We have cohabitated for 12 months, since 2013 in December. Prior to that the risk of punishment in Indonesia was a formidable risk for us living together (Muslim/Ignostic), both in terms of religious views and political requirements to live/work in Indonesia (you have to be one of 6 recognized religions). The plan going forward is to have her stay in Canada while I work after applying (sorry if I didn't make that clear. The interpretation comes from the CIC link to Government of Canada Justice Law website.
Depending where in Indonesia, a mixed faith relationship can indeed be very taboo, especially where the woman is Muslim, and the man is not. My wife is Muslim, and I'm Christian, though we were very fortunate in that her friends/family are VERY liberal and accept pur marriage completely. Marrying her is a far better solution prior to the PR submission, than a common-law or congugal application. You will not be able to wed in Indonesia unless you convert.

My wife and I were not about to convert, out of convenience, so we got married in a civil relationship in Singapore. It is recognized in Canada. Is that something you guys can do? Singapore is a beautiful (if not expensive) city, and would make for a nice honeymoon as well.