+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Negative sputum culture and asked to do 6 mos treatment for TB based on repeat Xray

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Hi, my husband has the same situation. He was referred to Slec for his sputum test. However he recently re eived an email from IRCC reminding him to submit/provide a proof of completion of his medical, we checked the portal and it says there that they already received the proof. My husband is due for his test in october and repeat xray in november. WE DONT KNOW WHAT KIND OF PROOF IRCC is asking from us. The panel physician should have suitted the IME form through emedical. Please advice if you encountered the same problem. Thanks!
The proof is usually sent by panel doc that you are in compliance with the actions being asked by IRCC which means you are attending the appointments with the doctor. In Canada usually after first meeting has been attended a report is sent by the doc to IRCC about the attendance or failure.

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Hi,

I need your advice. My husband was ask to do furtherance like sputum test and repeat xray. We are now waiting for his scheduled test however he just received an email from IRCC for proof of IME completion, when we checked the portal the new update says they already received the proof of completion l, Iam now confused which document they are requiring him to submit. They are giving us 30days to submit proof.He also did not received any documentation from panel physician. I believe they’re working with emedical. Please help us.
Just want to
Usually a form saying medical surveillance undertaking is sent by IRCC and you have to sign and send it back.

Jamie2122

Sep 6, 2022
The proof is usually sent by panel doc that you are in compliance with the actions being asked by IRCC which means you are attending the appointments with the doctor. In Canada usually after first meeting has been attended a report is sent by the doc to IRCC about the attendance or failure.
Yeah, thats what I thought too. So when RMO emailed us for furtherance We assumed that they already sent proof of completion as reflected in the portal. But why were they asking for another proof?

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Yeah, thats what I thought too. So when RMO emailed us for furtherance We assumed that they already sent proof of completion as reflected in the portal. But why were they asking for another proof?
Yeah that's weird. You can't give a proof. Its the doctor's job to send IRCC that this person has attended the appointment as IRCC wanted them to do so. Did you attended the appointment? Are you inland?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Likely an automated email. If it was already submitted it isn’t an issue. There is also a backlog of applications waiting for medical review.

Jamie2122

Sep 6, 2022
Yeah that's weird. You can't give a proof. Its the doctor's job to send IRCC that this person has attended the appointment as IRCC wanted them to do so. Did you attended the appointment? Are you inland?
Yes, my husband did last August 15, then he received furtherance August 22. In the portal it says they received the proof Sept. 1, how come they still sent him an email last sept. 5 reminding him to provide proof of IME. We applied outland.
Likely an automated email. If it was already submitted it isn’t an issue. There is also a backlog of applications waiting for medical review.
I see thanks. Thats reassuring. hopefully its just an automated email. Coz we're really anxious.

exquisite

Star Member
May 15, 2009
My mom had her first medicals April 2022 where they made her do sputum test and repeat xray at the time. She is asked to do a repeat medical now, would she have to do the same sputum test/repeat xray for the second time?