+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need your advice please.

R

rish888

OP has a US green card and already has status in the US.

Given OP is a US green card holder, the chances of an asylum application being successful in Canada are effectively zero.
Yep. To get a positive decision in Canada you would need to show the U.S. is unsafe for you. Regardless of your home country situation as you have U.S. permanent residency the refugee board will look at your situation in the U.S.

I strongly recommend against going to Canada and claiming asylum. You are unlikely to succeed and at the same time will jeopardize your PR status in the US.

Why were you denied U.S. citizenship? Maybe try to fix whatever was the issue and apply again.

Just my 2c

R

rish888

OP has a US green card and already has status in the US.

Given OP is a US green card holder, the chances of an asylum application being successful in Canada are effectively zero.
Yep. To get a positive decision in Canada you would need to show the U.S. is unsafe for you. Regardless of your home country situation as you have U.S. permanent residency the refugee board will look at your situation in the U.S.

I strongly recommend against going to Canada and claiming asylum. You are unlikely to succeed and at the same time will jeopardize your PR status in the US.

Why were you denied U.S. citizenship? Maybe try to fix whatever was the issue and apply again.

Just my 2c

Reactions: scylla

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I agree with the advice provided to you above. Instead of claiming asylum in Canada, you should focus on resolving the issues that are preventing you from becoming a citizen in the US. Additionally, if something is preventing you from becoming a citizen in the US (e.g. criminality), chances are extremely high that's going to be a problem for obtaining any sort of status in Canada. Successful asylum cases are extraordinarily rare for US green card holders. If you're a US green card holder, you already have residency in a safe country and do not meet the requirements to claim asylum here.