+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

need urgent reply please............

purle1824

Sep 8, 2011
good afternoon ....

hi i already read all the topics about family sponsorship and im really interested about it !
first of all i was a caregiver here in canada for one year now and i have a friend she is close to me helping me for everything and all i can do is to help her too about of her case about her papers she applied her single but when she get's her visa she gets civil wedding and she's didnt declare to the embassy before she fly to come here hopefully you can help my friend that trying to contact and asked the immigration if there's can be a conflict if she get's her PR? and another one she is getting married next year in church what she gonna do about it if is she nedd to declare or change here status before she applied PR? because she also wants to sponsor her husband ? that's all hopefully you can my friend she dont have enough time to for this that's way i make to help her thanks you so much! god bless you Smiley

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Do I understand correctly that she got the PR visa but before landing as a PR, she got married and then landed and didn't report it? If that is true, that is a very bad thing.

Landing on a visa she got as a single person while she had gotten married in the meantime is misrepresentation. If somebody is found guilty of misrepresentation, it can cause them to lose their PR. In all the documents they sent her, it clearly says that she must let them know if there are any changes in her family status. This will also prevent her from ever sponsoring the husband she tried to hide from them when she landed. If he wants to come to Canada, he will have to qualify to immigrate on his own. She can get a lawyer but they will not be able to help.

If my understanding of the situation is not correct, say if she did not land as a PR yet or say if she did not get married yet, she must do the following. Either get married before landing and let the embassy know immediately to add the husband to her PR application or delay the marriage until after landing as a PR and then apply to sponsor her husband.

purle1824

Sep 8, 2011
she dont have PR she just have a working permit... the visa im talking about her papers as a live in caregiver, after she recieve the that visa she get married in the phils. and come to canada she not a live in caregiver with a work permit and she's planting to get her PR after her contract and it ends next year she just want to asked if she need to talk to someone or she need to changes status now or she just finish her contract and then change status then apply for a PR.... hope you understand what i mean thanks a lot
god bless :)

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If she wants to get married before applying for PR, she will need to list it on her PR application so she can apply for her husband at the same time.

If she wants to get married while her papers for PR are being processed, she must let the embassy know right away so they can add her husband to the application.

If she wants to become PR and then get married, she must make sure she gets the PR visa and lands as a PR before getting married and then she will not have to add her husband to her application but she can sponsor him later.

I do not know if a person who is on a work permit needs to notify immigration about getting married. Either one of you can call the call centre, see http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/index.asp#callcentre to ask about that.

purle1824

Sep 8, 2011
she's going to go back to philippines to get married next yr and she just wanna know if that's ok if she let the immigration know that she's married in civil before so she can change status now? or is that ok after her church wedding and come back her that the time she just want to let immigration to know she's married twice? i suggested her to call the immigration and let them know that she's already married and she's going back to phils. to getting married again in church and then she can apply for PR by adding her husband too? im so confused about the reply to my cause my friend just want to know if as soon as possible she need to call the immigration and change here status before she come back to phils?
thank you very much :)

purle1824

Sep 8, 2011
thank you leon;

i let my friend know :) which office she need to call to let them know to change her status? deendrinal is right you good thank you so much !

purle1824

Sep 8, 2011
good afternoon;
hi sir leon just want to asked what is the fastest way to be PR single to apply or married need you answer pls thanks :)

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
She is a live-in caregiver so that is already a pretty slow way to get PR. Being married might not make it any slower but if her husband has problems with the background checks or medical, they could both be refused.

However, if she is already married, even if it is only civil, she must include her husband in her application.

purle1824

Sep 8, 2011
good afternoo, sir Leon

what do you mean there both refuse? to get PR? she supposed to apply her PR next yr before she going back to her country, his husband have a diabetic an insulin dependent.... is that can conflict her husband papers incase the papers is being process cause i know that case and as long as they can work here in canada the husband shuold be approve rigth?

thanks a lot,
Sir Leon for responding me
god bless :)

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
purle1824 said:
what do you mean there both refuse? to get PR? she supposed to apply her PR next yr before she going back to her country, his husband have a diabetic an insulin dependent.... is that can conflict her husband papers incase the papers is being process cause i know that case and as long as they can work here in canada the husband shuold be approve rigth?
If her husband has serious medical problems or a criminal past and they are applying together as a couple, if one of them is refused, they are both refused. If she were to get her PR before marrying him, she would not have that problem. Having diabetes is not a big problem though if he has it under control and is taking care of himself.

However, if she has already married him in a civil ceremony, she has no choice but to include him in her PR application.

purle1824

Sep 8, 2011
thanks ,
sir leon

her husband is ok no criminal background next yr she going to apply before going back to her country, thanks for helping and answering my question really appreciate and my friend also said thank you so much
God bless you
Sir Leon

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
unogracia said:
Newbie!
How should we fill up the forms?Typewritten?

Thanks
Some forms you can fill out on the computer but if you can't, you can either use a type writer or just fill them in by hand.