+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need Urgent Help

pavanik01

Mar 9, 2009
I have done my masters from US based university and I have 2 yrs of experince in IT (Data ware housing ) as a developer.

My questions are:

1) Do I apply by myself or consult an attorney to file on my behalf? will it make any difference during processing ?
2) I wrote TOEFL long time back which is no longer valid, How to decide on Language proficiency? Do I need to take IELTS before applying for Permanent Residency or if required can I take it after submitting my application for processing?
3) Under which catergory do I file as a Federal skilled workers
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/tool/tool_06.asp
I am not able to figure it from the above link?

Your help is appreciated ....

Thank you

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Not transfered to regional office.
Med's Request
July 2010 with RPRF and another PCC.
Med's Done....
Meds - September 2010. PCC - Late Oct 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010 - Exactly days shy of 2 years since I sent in my application to CIO.
LANDED..........
1) if you read the rules on www.cic.gc.ca and understand it, then you can apply by yourself.
2) IELTS. You can take it after submitting it to Sydney but you should have it when you send your documents to the visa office.
3) There are three categories, one for those who lived in Canada legally for at least a year, someone with employment offer or someone who has at least one year of experience in a job that is in the ministerial job list.

Sounds like you don't fit the last one since you only have 2 years of experience, so if you dont have a job in canada or lived in canada for a year, then you may not qualify under FSW.

Are you on a H1b visa in the US, if yes, then you might want to look at AINP.

pavanik01

Mar 9, 2009
Hi rupeshhari,

Thanks for your instant reply .

I dont' presently hold a H1B ,still on F1 student visa .So I might not be able to apply for AINP .

I was curious to know as to how many years of experience one needs in Information Technology to qualify as a Federal Skilled worker under category 1( some one who has not lived in Canada or does not have a job offer ).

I posses a Masters in Computers + 2 Years exp.... I see that the point systems make me eligible ,but I don't really find a category to apply to as Iam not a manager in Information Technology. Do you think there are any other categories that I can look for? OR any other options.

Please let me know

Thank you once again

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010 - Exactly days shy of 2 years since I sent in my application to CIO.
LANDED..........
the only other thing i can think of is to learn french and apply to quebec.

pavanik01

Mar 9, 2009
Hi Rupeshhari ,

Thanks for you reply and I have another question . I am bit confused applying to different provinces.

Can some one who has applied to a province (say Montreal/Quebec ) work in a different province altogether OR does he/she need to have a permission again. If that isnt' the case why do we apply to different provinces

Thank you

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
my understanding is that the intention must be to settle in quebec but if one cannot find a job then they can move around.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pavanik01 said:
Thanks for you reply and I have another question . I am bit confused applying to different provinces.

Can some one who has applied to a province (say Montreal/Quebec ) work in a different province altogether OR does he/she need to have a permission again. If that isnt' the case why do we apply to different provinces
Aside from the federal program, each province also has it's own immigration program geared towards bringing the people they feel they need. They would like it if you stayed, otherwise they would not be spending their money to help you come over. Most or all of them make you sign a statement declaring that you intend to settle in that province but with no set time for how long. If you attempt to settle in the province but can't get a job, nobody will fault you for leaving. Same if you work there for a while and leave later. If you were to just land there and then straight away go to another province, they could go after you for lying to them if they wanted to. So far, I don't think any of them are doing that but you would be taking that risk if you did.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
When you go to the CIC website, everything that is not PNP is under the federal program including Federal skilled worker, CEC, spousal sponsorships etc.

pavanik01

Mar 9, 2009
I am applying from eastern part of US.

I was reading the documents and was confuse on mailing the application part.

Under FSW- category 1,
It is mention to send the documents to sydney,NS
reference: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/EG7.pdf (PG 40)
But in the site http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/E37048.pdf (PG 6)it is mention that aapplicants send their appication to Buffalo, NY.

so can anyone tell me where exactly the applications are to be sent?

secondly can I send all my supporting documents like education certificate, work experience, medical , police clearence etc along with the application.

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
first send the application forms, cheque, address labels and copy of the main applicant's passport biopage to Sydney, NS.
Then once they say okay, send everything including documentation to Buffalo.

I know you may ask this later. You don't have to send IELTS to Sydney NS, no matter what the form says. You need to send that to your visa office later if they say okay to you proceeding from Sydney.

Noshin

Mar 13, 2009
rupeshhari said:
1) if you read the rules on www.cic.gc.ca and understand it, then you can apply by yourself.
2) IELTS. You can take it after submitting it to Sydney but you should have it when you send your documents to the visa office.
3) There are three categories, one for those who lived in Canada legally for at least a year, someone with employment offer or someone who has at least one year of experience in a job that is in the ministerial job list.

Sounds like you don't fit the last one since you only have 2 years of experience, so if you dont have a job in canada or lived in canada for a year, then you may not qualify under FSW.

Are you on a H1b visa in the US, if yes, then you might want to look at AINP.
Dear friends thank you for your information. I have sent my document to Sydny CIC, it is 0ne month. They did not send me any letter. What's wrong?

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
just wait it out a bit longer. where are you applying from? How long does postal times take between Canada and your country.

Noshin

Mar 13, 2009
rupeshhari said:
just wait it out a bit longer. where are you applying from? How long does postal times take between Canada and your country.
Thank you for your immidiate reply. I am suprised by that.

I am student in Canada,
You know, I think maybe I was not eiligble for applying now.
My situation is complex:
1- I am in Canda from sep2008
2-I am student now
3-I was Software manager befor that for 2 years.
based on that I applied in Feb 09. What do you think ?