+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need urgent help on study visa

Anav

Nov 27, 2016
Hi team, I have got admission in conestoga college. My consultant told me to give Ielts acedemic exam which I did and got these scores:

Speaking : 8
Listening : 7
Writing : 6.5
Reading : 5.5

Overall score : 7

I am going to Canada to peruse diploma certificate in cyber security . I already have btech degree from India. My question is, do you guys think I can get a study visa with 5.5 band in reading although I have an overall score of 7 ? Please advice me.

PAINKILLER28

Jan 24, 2018
Well, that depends on the requirements set by the individual institute. For example, in BC most institutes would require a minimum overall score of 6.5 with no single band lower than 6 . So here's the question, have you received an offer from that institute yet?

Anav

Nov 27, 2016
Well, that depends on the requirements set by the individual institute. For example, in BC most institutes would require a minimum overall score of 6.5 with no single band lower than 6 . So here's the question, have you received an offer from that institute yet?
Yes I have received the invitation letter from college. I am asking this question for study visa.

MSTQ

Sep 25, 2020
Hi Anav,

My suggestion would be try to Redo IELTS again and this time score minimum 6 in all bands. It is highly recommended to have this score when apply for a student visa.