+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

need urgent help (advice)...............

me1

Jan 19, 2010
Hi,
i hope someone shd put some light on my case.
i am a indian citizen working in USA on H1b visa (vaild till sep 2010). i am planning to get marry next month with a canadian citizen.
i would like to know:-
(1) can we apply for canadian family visa in USA or India.
(2) where it's going to proceed fast.
(3) what all documents do i need to submit.
(4) what if my h1b visa finish & my case still under process in USA.

please advice me.............

Swede

Aug 18, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, England
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2009-10-27
File Transfer...
2009-11-12
Med's Done....
2009-08-11
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
2010-01-22
VISA ISSUED...
2010-01-20
LANDED..........
2010-03-05
me1 said:
Hi,
i hope someone shd put some light on my case.
i am a indian citizen working in USA on H1b visa (vaild till sep 2010). i am planning to get marry next month with a canadian citizen.
i would like to know:-
(1) can we apply for canadian family visa in USA or India.
(2) where it's going to proceed fast.
(3) what all documents do i need to submit.
(4) what if my h1b visa finish & my case still under process in USA.

please advice me.............
1) Not quite sure what you mean, but can you be sponsored while in the USA or India? Yes.
2) Where will the application be processed the fastest? For you, Buffalo, NY, for sure. But you'd only be eligible if you've been in the USA legally for more than one year when you send in your application.
3) You can download an application kit here.
4) You might be allowed to come to Canada to visit, but if your visa expires you have to leave. If you do move you have to update your address with the CIC. I don't know if this will make you ineligible to apply through Buffalo, though...

ariell

Oct 9, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You don't have to have been living in the US legally for one year. You do, however, have to have been legally admitted for one year in order to have your application processed in Buffalo. Both Buffalo and New Delhi have fast processing times. Average processing time in ND is 2-6 months, for Buffalo it is 4-10 months, though many are processed faster than that.

ethiopia

Jan 19, 2010
i need help , my brother is in Djuboti and i been trying to get him here with the family
he had an interview on may 31st, 2009 but when they brought the case it had a total different date on it , the date was for june 1st , 2009.But he was also rejected but i dont understand how that could happen when the file they were dealing with wasnt even his? please help me im trying to find out what is going on.

- yetemange

ariell

Oct 9, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ethiopia said:
i need help , my brother is in Djuboti and i been trying to get him here with the family
he had an interview on may 31st, 2009 but when they brought the case it had a total different date on it , the date was for june 1st , 2009.But he was also rejected but i dont understand how that could happen when the file they were dealing with wasnt even his? please help me im trying to find out what is going on.

- yetemange
I think you are better off starting your own post to discuss your question. And you'll need to give more details -- when did you apply? under what category? what was the interview for? what happened in the interview etc.... Otherwise I don't think anyone can answer your question for you.

me1

Jan 19, 2010
Hi,
Thanks for the reply. i just need to understand few things.
(1) i am working in USA on work permit (thats mean i am legal here) but thats not more then one year. it's means i am not able to apply from USA.
(2) my guy is a PR holder not a citizen will that make any difference in application.
Thanks in advance.

Ssarah183

Star Member
Jun 5, 2009
You are entitled to have your application processed by either your own visa office or the visa office of whatever country you have been legally admitted to for one year.

If you have been in Canada for one year at time of application you can have your app considered by Buffalo,NY

You do not have to have lived in the US for one year to do this.