+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need Urgent advise please

MAINDIA

Apr 22, 2016
Dear All

i just had a question. I completed my landing yesterday. during the landing i did not declare my daughter as a dependant as she is canadian citizen. will that be an issue in the future as misrepresentation of information. I had earlier informed the immigration department when my file was in process, however they informed me that i do not need to add her as dependant as she is canadian citizen please advice

VitalyBogu

Star Member
Nov 15, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
14-06-2016
MAINDIA said:
Dear All

i just had a question. I completed my landing yesterday. during the landing i did not declare my daughter as a dependant as she is canadian citizen. will that be an issue in the future as misrepresentation of information. I had earlier informed the immigration department when my file was in process, however they informed me that i do not need to add her as dependant as she is canadian citizen please advice
If immigration department told you that it's fine so it's probably fine.
I know that people that is not listed as dependant on your file, you will not able to sponsor them in the future to get permanent residence, and if your daughter is already a citizen so that is not a problem.

Hope it helped you, and congrats!

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
MAINDIA said:
No, your daughter was not part of the PR application, no worries.