+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need urgent advice please. Deadline - 5th Apr 2010

vik77

Dec 22, 2009
All seniors please help. I did spend couple of hours to look for similar questions before starting a new thread. My apologies if the same question is asked before anywhere. Please help.

Following are my details :

Initial App received by CIC : 2nd Apr 2009
Received file number/AOR : 15th Aug 2009
Full application sent : 1st Jan, 2010
Medical & RPRF request : 19th Feb, 2010
Visa office : CHC-New Delhi.
NOC : 4131

The deadline for us is 5th Apr 2010 to submit medicals, RPRF and passports. We are depending totally on advice from you all especially senior members.

I am based in USA on H1B. Please advice me on following questions :

1. CHC, New Delhi is asking for our passports. How can we send passports while we are in US? I read somewhere before that its against the law to send your passports outside US when you are here. Please advice.

2. We have received list of DMP's (Designated Medical Practitioners) in India, Nepal and Bhutan. As we are in states, can we go to any DMP's here with our forms? Please provide any resource to see the information. Would CHC, New Delhi be ok with medical tests from USA (as our case is in New Delhi India)

It won't be easy to travel to India on such a short notice? Please let us know about our alternatives.

Many thanks to all.
Regards,
vik

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,
1. CHC, New Delhi is asking for our passports. How can we send passports while we are in US? I read somewhere before that its against the law to send your passports outside US when you are here. Please advice.

Yes, sending passport in/out of India is illegal. Better you go to India, after medical in US, to submit passport (s).

2. We have received list of DMP's (Designated Medical Practitioners) in India, Nepal and Bhutan. As we are in states, can we go to any DMP's here with our forms? Please provide any resource to see the information. Would CHC, New Delhi be ok with medical tests from USA (as our case is in New Delhi India)

You can find the DMP in your area from CIC website. Do the medical there and ensure the medical report is sumitted from DMP by FedEx, DHL or any reliable courier to NEW DELHI.

vik77 said:
All seniors please help. I did spend couple of hours to look for similar questions before starting a new thread. My apologies if the same question is asked before anywhere. Please help.

The deadline for us is 5th Apr 2010 to submit medicals, RPRF and passports. We are depending totally on advice from you all especially senior members.

It won't be easy to travel to India on such a short notice? Please let us know about our alternatives.

Many thanks to all.
Regards,
vik

vik77

Dec 22, 2009
Thanks Wilson for your advice.

Like i said, in my post that travelling to India won't be possible for us on such a short notice.

Any more views will be really appreciated.

Thanks.

yssundhar

Apr 5, 2010
Hi Vik,

Could you let know how were you able to send your PPs to India? I am similar such situation and your advice is highly appreciated. TIA

Thanks,
yssundhar

KRRS

Feb 19, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-08-2009
Doc's Request.
08-10-2009
File Transfer...
14-10-2009
Med's Request
28-01-2010
Med's Done....
27-02-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
28-01-2010
VISA ISSUED...
Pending
LANDED..........
Pending
Vik 77,

You can get your medicals done in the USA and have the reports sent to CHC New Delhi.

As regards sending passports, it is illegal to send it through courier. One possible option , other than going to India personally, is to send it through a close relative with an authorization letter. Also, CHC New Delhi will ask for a local (india ) address to send the passports back to you with Visa. So, you will have the same issue getting your passports back to USA.

Others will similiar experience can also comment.w

mistzone

Star Member
Mar 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Request them to transfer your case to US if you are staying little longer

vik77 said:

Many thanks to all.
Regards,
vik