+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need to provide my partner's family member ?

minnie&mario

May 25, 2020
Hello,

I am applying through CEC and received the ITA today. My partner is a Canadian Citizen, so When I calculate the CRS score, I mentioned I am in common law relationship, but he is not coming to Canada with me. Although my partner's entire family is in Canada, I did not check the box of having relatives in Canada. I do not need those points to be qualified for the invitation. After receiving the ITA today, I noticed that I need to input all his immediate family's information to complete the profile. I think I do not have a choice but to complete all the information. But I donot want to accumulate documents to prove their relationship etc. (That is also why I did not say I or my partner have relatives in Canada in the first place) Does anyone know if I could skip the documents as long as I donot want those scores? Or is it mandatory? Thanks!!!

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
You should have said that your common-law partner is Canadian. Now the application believes your partner is a non-Canadian and you must have them go through police background checks and medical exams.

minnie&mario

May 25, 2020
You should have said that your common-law partner is Canadian. Now the application believes your partner is a non-Canadian and you must have them go through police background checks and medical exams.
but there is no such option when I enter the pool. They simply ask my status and if he is going to accompany me to Canada.