+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NEED SUGGESTIONS

manpreet.3075

Jan 29, 2013
I am going to apply in BCIT (vancouver) but got confused in whether to select course Telecommunications Technician or wireless Technician ? plz suggest me which course is better ?

458 Bridge

Apr 15, 2013
Visa Office......
CHC Islamabad
NOC Code......
Engineer
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19- 04-2013
Med's Request
9-05-2013
Med's Done....
15-05-2013
U should look up for jobs on the Job sites and see which has more demand. Plus also check which has better ratings at the University ur applying too.

tiger007

Champion Member
manpreet.3075 said:
I am going to apply in BCIT (vancouver) but got confused in whether to select course Telecommunications Technician or wireless Technician ? plz suggest me which course is better ?
Hi,

Both are related sub-branches of Electronic engineering / Communication Systems engineering... both offer a challenging career prospect in a closely related field, yet focusing on two very different areas.

It all comes down to your personal interest. Both will lead you to 2 different areas of Communication systems engineering... You want to work on the Wireless communications or to work on the communication equipment itself (i.e telecommunication)? Ask yourself that..what you find more interesting..stimulating... and choose accordingly. That in my opinion, is the best thing to do.

Once you pursue something, which interests you... you are more likely to succeed and find a job related to that field, rather than pondering ..which course is better..or worse... or whether there are job opportunities or not... because, once you excel... jobs are bound to come by in either of the closely related fields.

To help you decide, you may go through the "Course contents" of both of these courses.. and compare the subjects/course contents..and see which might suit you best.. keeping in mind your interest and long term career goals... You can excel in any of them or none of them.. really depends on you.... If you have no idea about them.. Google them! You will eventually figure out the better option for you.

Best of Luck.

***All opinions expressed are purely personal, and pieces of information mentioned are to the best of my knowledge... You should consult other sources too.

kal1313

May 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-07-2010
AOR Received.
24-08-10
File Transfer...
16-09-10
Passport Req..
30-10-10
hey man I am almost a dinosaur on this site been so long since I last posted but your questions caught my eye , I am currently in the telecom program at bcit and If you ask job wise telecom has the most jobs if you are willing to stay in the Vancouver area wireless is new field so the jobs are very limited. However if you are interested in moving to northern bc or alberta instrumentaion is the one with the most money. In order to complete any of these diplomas you do need to complete the electronics common core first then you do these second year specialized courses. hope this helps to make up your mind

manpreet.3075

Jan 29, 2013
@ kal1313.....thanx for ur valuable information about telecom jobs..it gonna help me alot in future...i think u r te right man who can help me ...so can u plz give me ur mail id or fb id , so that i can contact u ?

humdrumdum

Jul 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila (VAC, Paper-based)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-07-2013
Med's Request
05-08-2013
Med's Done....
12-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
16-08-2013
LANDED..........
31-08-2013
Hi there, I'm currently studying at BCIT under FoodTech. Every year they have a graduate survey and post the results online. You can access it here: http://www.bcit.ca/ipao/outcomes.shtml They are pretty up-front about it (the figures are accurate) and I believe this will better help you to decide :)