+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need Suggestion on Work History and Employment Letter

CanadaPR_EE

Jun 25, 2015
I have been working with the same employer since 2008 but on different roles and at different countries. I have added separate rows in my work history to show different roles and different countries to make it as continuous employment along with the places I have been working

But in the document upload section, I am been asked to provide employment letter for each row. As my employer is same for all these mentioned work history, Can I upload the same letter in all section?

Or I need to support with separate letters?

What all documents I can upload to support my deputation at different countries while I was with same employer?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The thumb rule is to have as many rows as your NOCs. If you worked in a single NOC throughout your tenure, just keep 1 line and mention your base location or current country of residence.

All other details of employment can be covered in your reference letter. For CIC, all that matters is if your experience was in Canada or not. All foreign experience is treated alike whether it was in your country of citizenship or Antarctica as long as it was outside Canada. Those details will be covered under Personal history and can be safely left out of Work history.

CanadaPR_EE

Jun 25, 2015
Asivad Anac said:
The thumb rule is to have as many rows as your NOCs. If you worked in a single NOC throughout your tenure, just keep 1 line and mention your base location or current country of residence.

All other details of employment can be covered in your reference letter. For CIC, all that matters is if your experience was in Canada or not. All foreign experience is treated alike whether it was in your country of citizenship or Antarctica as long as it was outside Canada. Those details will be covered under Personal history and can be safely left out of Work history.
Thanks for your reply Asivad.

I have two NOC codes one as developer and the second one as Analyst. So should I keep it to two line, one for country of residence and the second one for base location.

Before getting an ITA my work history had different lines for different countries. Can I go ahead and Update it now after getting ITA.

I have one reference letter from my company mentioning my joining date and my date of deputation to current country of residence. Can I use the same letter for both lines stating different NOC codes.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Don't split it by countries, split it by NOCs and upload 2 distinct work reference letters (one for each NOC). If your reference letter already showcase job responsibilities across multiple NOCs, you can use the same letter twice and highlight that in an LOE.

rohitsinp23

Star Member
Aug 12, 2015
I worked from 2008 -2013 for employer 1
2013 to 2014 august for employer 2
2014 august to till date employer 3
Noc is same from 2008 to till date, i have ref letters, work exp with job and responsibilties, appointment letters for all employments
But no one write working hrs per week on my experience
My job is full time, i have salary proofs also. So its mandatory that work experience have info of working hrs also. Now i will do it for my current exp but previous employers already given the all stuff related to exp at job releaving time.

CanadaPR_EE

Jun 25, 2015
Asivad Anac said:
Don't split it by countries, split it by NOCs and upload 2 distinct work reference letters (one for each NOC). If your reference letter already showcase job responsibilities across multiple NOCs, you can use the same letter twice and highlight that in an LOE.
I have only one reference letter for the current country of residence mentioning my main duties align with the NOC code but I do not have any such reference letter for previous NOC code. I have my joining letter and different promotion and compensation letter. But nothing mentions the main job duties neither do my joining letter mentions Developer as my job Title.

In this case, what document can i upload to support my employment?

Please help ???

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CanadaPR_EE said:
I have only one reference letter for the current country of residence mentioning my main duties align with the NOC code but I do not have any such reference letter for previous NOC code. I have my joining letter and different promotion and compensation letter. But nothing mentions the main job duties neither do my joining letter mentions Developer as my job Title.

In this case, what document can i upload to support my employment?

Please help ???
If you want to claim that work experience, you'll need a letter that mentions job responsibilities. If you can't get that from the HR, get a notarized letter (written in 3rd person) by your ex-manager which mentions all these details and attach an LOE highlighting your inability to get the reference letter in the required format and politely request the officer to consider your application on its merits.

CanadaPR_EE

Jun 25, 2015
Asivad Anac said:
If you want to claim that work experience, you'll need a letter that mentions job responsibilities. If you can't get that from the HR, get a notarized letter (written in 3rd person) by your ex-manager which mentions all these details and attach an LOE highlighting your inability to get the reference letter in the required format and politely request the officer to consider your application on its merits.
Thanks for the reply.

Do you have any format for such reference letter. If so, can you please share the format with me.

rohitsinp23

Star Member
Aug 12, 2015
rohitsinp23 said:
I worked from 2008 -2013 for employer 1
2013 to 2014 august for employer 2
2014 august to till date employer 3
Noc is same from 2008 to till date, i have ref letters, work exp with job and responsibilties, appointment letters for all employments
But no one write working hrs per week on my experience
My job is full time, i have salary proofs also. So its mandatory that work experience have info of working hrs also. Now i will do it for my current exp but previous employers already given the all stuff related to exp at job releaving time.
Guys please help , answer the above quoted query

jaibhole!

Aug 8, 2015
Hello everyone,

I am just wondering if we can delete from the work history what we created in the EE profile and was carried over after getting ITA. I have put down skill level C jobs and I know I dont need them for experience neither I got points for it, but now its asking for proof for everything. All advise would be welcome, thank you .