+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need some help on NOC

rohitrmehta

Star Member
Sep 20, 2017
Hey all,

My profession is User Experience Design. I design websites, apps for android/iOS etc. My profession is listed as a title under Graphic Designer and Illustrator (5241). The roles and responsibilities of a User experience designer are different from a Graphic Designer. They don't really match. I was suggested Web designer and developer NOC - 2175. The problem is, 5241 has my title but duties don't really match with what are listed on CIC. 2175's duties match a bit, but the title is different.

Which NOC Should I go for? I a user experience designer and all my titles are related to it, but duties are closer to 2175.

UX Design is a broad field and distinct to graphic design with some overlap. Please help me.

mapleleaf987

Jun 29, 2017
Always go for the duties, whatever is easier for you to be able to prove to with necessary documentation. Title vary from industry to country so that's not significant. How well you can validate your roles and responsibilities is all that matters to cic

Raz0r

Jul 9, 2017
Your roles and responsibilities must match atleast 70% of the NOC you selected. Your job title/designation does not matter much. Good luck.

Reactions: sundar17feb99

Puja1993

Dec 1, 2017
Hey all,

My profession is User Experience Design. I design websites, apps for android/iOS etc. My profession is listed as a title under Graphic Designer and Illustrator (5241). The roles and responsibilities of a User experience designer are different from a Graphic Designer. They don't really match. I was suggested Web designer and developer NOC - 2175. The problem is, 5241 has my title but duties don't really match with what are listed on CIC. 2175's duties match a bit, but the title is different.

Which NOC Should I go for? I a user experience designer and all my titles are related to it, but duties are closer to 2175.

UX Design is a broad field and distinct to graphic design with some overlap. Please help me.
Hey, I'm also in the same boat with you. I'm confused to choose the code. Mostly, I'm going with 2175. Would like to know what code did you move forward with?

This will really help my application.

All the best!!!

rohitrmehta

Star Member
Sep 20, 2017
Hey, I'm also in the same boat with you. I'm confused to choose the code. Mostly, I'm going with 2175. Would like to know what code did you move forward with?

All the best!!!
I went ahead with 2175. But, I am no more the primary applicant. Turns out my consultant duped me with this. I figured out myself that my wife gets better CRS than me. Made her the primary, got ITA in a week and now we are waiting to submit the Docs.

rohitrmehta

Star Member
Sep 20, 2017
I went ahead with 2175. But, I am no more the primary applicant. Turns out my consultant duped me with this. I figured out myself that my wife gets better CRS than me. Made her the primary, got ITA in a week and now we are waiting to submit the Docs.
My profile is still there, but not going ahead with it.

Puja1993

Dec 1, 2017
Oh!!! That's sad to hear. But, thankfully you guys are in the final stage.

All the very best guys!!!

I would also go with the same code then.

rohitrmehta

Star Member
Sep 20, 2017

All the best!!!
I'll suggest you stick with 2175. What I found out was that the title doesn't matter. What matters is that your Job duties match 60-70% with your NOC. You may need to tailor some of them. As we say in UX, it is a difficult compromise. Nice to know a fellow UX designer applying :)

rohitrmehta

Star Member
Sep 20, 2017
Oh!!! That's sad to hear. But, thankfully you guys are in the final stage.

All the very best guys!!!

I would also go with the same code then.
You're welcome. I am targeting to submit my profile by December 15th 2017.

What is your CRS? and Best of luck to you!