+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need protection! Refugee Help Needed!

crefugee

Sep 27, 2011
I changed our name's because of our security concern

I don't know where to go and We just want to be safe and spend our life safely, peacefully and happily. So we have decided to immigrate to another country. I want to how we can immigrate to Canada and are we eligible for refugee protection ? Please help us, We have no where to go and we can only think to migrate to another country where no one knows us.

We have a genuine case of possible honor killing (en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honor_killing#India). Please some one help!!!! Your reply will be really appreciated.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

crefugee said:
I changed our name's because of our security concern

Dear Audrey,

My name is A S and I am an Indian Citizen. I am writing this email to inquire if I and my wife are eligible for Canadian Refugee Protection.

Our Story:
I and my wife B were married in January,2011 and the marriage was without informing our parents as B was of other cast (S Pandit Cast) and I am (S Kayast Cast) so its a inter-cast marriage and We both are adult and can make any decision legally.

Before the marriage we tried to convince our parents by telling them that we love each other and wants to be married but they did not approved because our cast was different. I went to B's home to ask her parent that I wanted to be married to B, they called B and asked her that does she love's me or not, she said yes and then the situation went bad and her father and brothers started beating her badly and when I tried to protect her they came on to me and start beating me and continued until I was unconscious. I wake up in the hospital the next day.

B was not allowed to get out of her house for 3 months (we were not in contact during that time) and then she was sent to her brother's place in Lucknow City which is the capital city of our state Uttar Pradesh, One day she called me and told me that she is in Lucknow now. I went to Lucknow the second day and then we both left the state Uttar Pradesh and went to Noida NCR (National Capital Region) because I thought we can get better protection there and No one will ever know about our location. We were there for 2 months and planning to get married, After a few days suddenly B's brother was on our gate with few other guys and broke into our house and started hitting me with whatever he got his hands on and broke my tooth and I was bleeding badly from my head. He also took B with them to Basti and hurt her badly and this time she was in hospital for 1 week and it took about 2 months to recover. This time she was sent to her aunt's place in Thailand, Singapore and she was there for 2 months and then one day she ran away from her aunt's place and took flight to India and landed on New Delhi International Airport and called me and then we met again and immediately got married in a temple with proper Hindu ceremony.

We sent a notice by our lawyer to inform B's parents that we are married as this was the legal process in order to get our marriage registered. And later they got the our address again and her brother was at our home, And this time he didn't do anything because I was living with my friends and left only by harassing us that they will kill us both if we didn't got separated. We did a police complaint in our local police station but no action was taken as we were in different states. Before a few months when I was returning from work and I was on my motorcycle a car came and hit me from back and they kidnapped me. I haven't seen the face of the kidnappers as it was dark and later on my face was covered but I remember one voice who was beating and abusing me, It was of B's elder brother. They kept me outer area of the city and my hands and legs were tied to a chair. One day in night I managed to escape from there and came back home and immediately left for Bangalore, Karnataka without telling anyone one where we are going. We are here in Bangalore from last 3 months this time they have my personal mobile number and I received several harassing calls that they will kill us both and they don't know our address but they know we are in Bangalore.

I don't know where to go and We just want to be safe and spend our life safely, peacefully and happily. So we have decided to immigrate to another country. I want to how we can immigrate to Canada and are we eligible for refugee protection ? Please help us, We have no where to go and we can only think to migrate to another country where no one knows us.

We have a genuine case of possible honor killing (en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honor_killing#India). Please some one help!!!! Your reply will be really appreciated.
1. Unlikely as you are still resident in India.
2. You will be told that there is an Internal Flight Alternative, as India is a large country and you can move to another city, where the relatives will be unable to locate you.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PMM said:
Hi

2. You will be told that there is an Internal Flight Alternative, as India is a large country and you can move to another city, where the relatives will be unable to locate you.
So if the OP take refuge and resides in Bhutan (or anywhere outside the jurisdiction of India), he will have higher chance of success?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

steaky said:
So if the OP take refuge and resides in Bhutan (or anywhere outside the jurisdiction of India), he will have higher chance of success?
Again unlikely.

Here is what the Act says about refugee claims. Remember the OP claiming that he is persecuted by his/her relatives. Nowhere in the following definition are those grounds.

Convention refugee

96. A Convention refugee is a person who, by reason of a well-founded fear of persecution for reasons of race, religion, nationality, membership in a particular social group or political opinion,

(a) is outside each of their countries of nationality and is unable or, by reason of that fear, unwilling to avail themself of the protection of each of those countries; or

(b) not having a country of nationality, is outside the country of their former habitual residence and is unable or, by reason of that fear, unwilling to return to that country.

Person in need of protection

97. (1) A person in need of protection is a person in Canada whose removal to their country or countries of nationality or, if they do not have a country of nationality, their country of former habitual residence, would subject them personally

(a) to a danger, believed on substantial grounds to exist, of torture within the meaning of Article 1 of the Convention Against Torture; or

(b) to a risk to their life or to a risk of cruel and unusual treatment or punishment if

(i) the person is unable or, because of that risk, unwilling to avail themself of the protection of that country,

(ii) the risk would be faced by the person in every part of that country and is not faced generally by other individuals in or from that country,

(iii) the risk is not inherent or incidental to lawful sanctions, unless imposed in disregard of accepted international standards, and

(iv) the risk is not caused by the inability of that country to provide adequate health or medical care.

newtone

Champion Member
Nov 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You could actually cross the border and go to Bangladesh, and since Bangladesh is member of United Nations they can possible help you with settlement

crefugee

Sep 27, 2011
Thanks PMM, steaky, newtone for your replies.

PMM, Yes India is a big country and We already relocated to 3 major cities in India in past 12 Months.

Here is what the Act says about refugee claims. Remember the OP claiming that he is persecuted by his/her relatives. Nowhere in the following definition are those grounds.
In my wife's case she is persecuted by her relatives twice and In my case by my Inlaws. Can you please tell me What can we do in this case ? We have already suffered (Physical and mental torcher ) a lot and just want to be safe and happy in the so called world's safest country. I just one to do something instead or waiting and getting one or both of us murdered.

Please guide me guys How can we claim refugee or protected person status ?