+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need Help

ERI619

Aug 18, 2022
Hello Everyone! I filed for my Study Permit on 16th of May. I got the Biometrics appointment on 22nd of May. However the biometrics only got updated on IRCC portal after a week.
I took medical in March( 2 months before filing). Today is 18th of August, not only has the medical not been updated but also have I not received any update from IRCC (Neither Approval or Rejection). Its been exactly 95 days since i filed for my visa. I'm from India and they say that it takes 13 weeks to process Visa's in our region. Its well past that timeline. My Classes commence on 5th of September and I have to get PPR before 9th of September.(Need acceptance by then. In case of Rejection, ill only get full refund from college if I get rejection on or before 9th) Last day of entry to Canada is 26th of September. I have filed under the SDS Category. Please advise!

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello Everyone! I filed for my Study Permit on 16th of May. I got the Biometrics appointment on 22nd of May. However the biometrics only got updated on IRCC portal after a week.
I took medical in March( 2 months before filing). Today is 18th of August, not only has the medical not been updated but also have I not received any update from IRCC (Neither Approval or Rejection). Its been exactly 95 days since i filed for my visa. I'm from India and they say that it takes 13 weeks to process Visa's in our region. Its well past that timeline. My Classes commence on 5th of September and I have to get PPR before 9th of September.(Need acceptance by then. In case of Rejection, ill only get full refund from college if I get rejection on or before 9th) Last day of entry to Canada is 26th of September. I have filed under the SDS Category. Please advise!

13 weeks is an average after biometrics. Your review of eligibility has yet to start.

ivnemo

Jul 8, 2022
13 weeks is an average after biometrics. Your review of eligibility has yet to start.
Does the count start on the day biometrics have been given( date of enrollment) or once they appear as « completed » on the portal?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Does the count start on the day biometrics have been given( date of enrollment) or once they appear as « completed » on the portal?
May 30. Again your application has not even started eligibility review. So assume another few weeks for response. Consider deferral if September intake.