+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NEED HELP!!!!!

ralex007

Feb 25, 2015
I got my passport request today and my passport will be delivered to Ottawa by Jan 12. I have my flights booked to India for Jan 23. I was wondering if somebody can provide me any suggestions on how to request my passport earlier otherwise me and girlfriend will loose almost $3000 as the tickets are non refundable.
Please help its really important.

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ralex007 said:
I got my passport request today and my passport will be delivered to Ottawa by Jan 12. I have my flights booked to India for Jan 23. I was wondering if somebody can provide me any suggestions on how to request my passport earlier otherwise me and girlfriend will loose almost $3000 as the tickets are non refundable.
One step you can take is to call CIC and see if you can organize to have your passport Express Posted to you. You will have to pay for the charges though. (Ph: 1888 242 2100). If not ask if you can organize to travel to the Ottawa Visa office to collect your passport. (Call Center Agents available between 8am - 4pm Monday to Friday)

The other thing is you can send a Case Specific Inquiry however they can take up to 10 business days to respond. Make this your option of last resort.

Nightrocker

Feb 27, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-04-2011
Med's Request
08-06-2011
Med's Done....
13-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
24-07-2011
LANDED..........
23-08-2011
ralex007 said:
First of all, CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

You should have wrote a letter along with your passport requesting earlier return. You can still do that via case specific enquiry - just write them a letter request them to send you the passport back so that you can travel. Make sure to attach a copy of your ticket, that will assure them you have legitimate reason. Not sure this will make any difference, but worth trying.

Good luck! Also, can you please share your timeline? Thanks

ralex007

Feb 25, 2015
Thanks guys that's what i was thinking of emailing them once they receive my passport. My lawyer has assured me i should have it by then no problem but it's huge risk.

ralex007

Feb 25, 2015
I have sent an express post envelope inside which i can track but it all depends. I will them on monday just to be sure on what other things i can do. I really hoped somebody can share their thoughts who have gone through the same phase.