+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need help

cute28

Sep 17, 2014
Hi my working permit expires on october 28,2014. I am a live in caregiver and I'm about to finish my 24 months on october, and I found a new employer and the LMO is already applied last week. Do I need to restore my WP if my old WP expired and I didn't yet received the positive LMO or should I wait till it comes and then apply for a new working permit. Is that ok? Please give me an advice. Thank you

mylady833

Sep 28, 2011
Saskatoon
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 25, 2013
Doc's Request.
Aip May 15, 2014, DM July 12,2014
Interview........
07-08-2014
LANDED..........
07-08-2014
cute28 said:
Hi my working permit expires on october 28,2014. I am a live in caregiver and I'm about to finish my 24 months on october, and I found a new employer and the LMO is already applied last week. Do I need to restore my WP if my old WP expired and I didn't yet received the positive LMO or should I wait till it comes and then apply for a new working permit. Is that ok? Please give me an advice. Thank you
If you will be on your 24 th month as live in caregiver then you are eligible now to apply for PR and OWP. But you must also renew your WP because it is required that you should have a valid status when you submit your PR application. If your WP expires before you received your new LMIA you still have 90 days to restore your status.

cute28

Sep 17, 2014
Need help for work permit application mistakes under LCP

Hi anyone can help me? I mailed my application for new work permit under LCP last monday and I was confused about the question for the past fives yrs if I lived to any other country besides my country and my current country of residence my problem is I didn't include Hongkong I worked there from 2011 to 2012 and my understanding for the question is wrong. But for the employment history I included that :( what should I do should I call the CIC. Is it possible cause for refusal? Help me please. Thank you

prashanthbv

Jun 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-08-2016
AOR Received.
11-08-2015
cute28 said:
Option 1 -Apply for your work permit extension before your current one expires. Apply ASAP. In the extension form , mention that you have applied for LMIA and waiting for approval. If in the next one month you do not know anything about your LMIA yet, you can either call or fax CIC to hold you work permit extension decision mentioning that you are still awaiting the LMIA result. They will consider your request and hold the decision for about 2-3 weeks

Option 2- Apply the work permit extension by paper and mail them. THis buys you time and keeps you on implied status. So you can work till you get a decision on you LMIA. Once your LMIA is approved, send the approval letter by fax to CIC . But remember, you get implied status only if you apply for the extension before your current wp expires. The application has to reach CIC before Oct 28th. At least two days before it. If you think you do not have time to send paper application, just apply online but make sure you mention that u have applied for LMIA. You also need to submit a copy of your LMIA application or file number if you have

Hope this helps

cute28

Sep 17, 2014
Thank you I submitted already I have problem
Hi anyone can help me? I mailed my application for new work permit under LCP last monday and I was confused about the question for the past fives yrs if I lived to any other country besides my country and my current country of residence my problem is I didn't include Hongkong I worked there from 2011 to 2012 and my understanding for the question is wrong. But for the employment history I included that what should I do should I call the CIC. Is it possible cause for refusal? Help me please. Thank you