+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

need help!

mbagawin

Jun 12, 2012
hi i'm a newbie here,
my family and i are planning to migrate to Canada this year. but my worry is that my wife was previously married during her early 20's and she haven't done any annulment to that marriage and we are legally married too. Will we be granted a PR visa if ever we will apply ?

thanks for all your replies.

new_2_canada

Apr 25, 2011
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Which country are you from? the reason for the question is that in most of the countries getting married when you already are married is illegal hence if your wife has not got the Divorce or Annulment then your marriage is illegal in Canada and India (the two countries I am sure of). Please check with a lawyer in your country to check if your marriage is legal or not.

As Per the checklist it says:
* Marriage certificate(s), final divorce or annulment certificate(s). If Married more than once, include certificates from each marriage and divorce or annulment you, your spouse or common-law partner have had;
* Death certificate for former spouse(s) or common-law partner(s)(if applicable);

Which clearly indicate your marriage will not be accepted until the previous marriage has been terminated because of either Divorce, annulment or Death.

teriwinter20

May 3, 2012
mbagawin said:
hi i'm a newbie here,
my family and i are planning to migrate to Canada this year. but my worry is that my wife was previously married during her early 20's and she haven't done any annulment to that marriage and we are legally married too. Will we be granted a PR visa if ever we will apply ?

what happened now to your application?

spartan300

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Kathmandu, Nepal
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
1233/1312
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 05,012 PER.............. : Feb 24,012 DD encahsed : Feb 08,012
AOR Received.
Mar 15,012 2nd line in ecas: Aug 07,012
Med's Request
Aug 10,012
Med's Done....
Aug 19,012 3rd line in ecas: Aug 24, 012
Passport Req..
Aug 10,012 DM on ecas : Sep 21, 012
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 19, 012
LANDED..........
Nov 25, 012
mbagawin said:
hi i'm a newbie here,

The situation you are referring is polygamy,
In Canada polygamy is restricted by law....
For your reference do visit this site ....
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legal_status_of_polygamy

Regards,
Spartan!