+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NEED HELP WITH RETURNED CEC APPLICATION

Ivy L.

Feb 26, 2013
Hi everyone:

I recently submitted my application in Jan 2013. Unfortunately, I got a return from the office due to missing a required document.

I missed my Birth Certificate documents. My question is do I have to fill out a new application and re-submit, or I can just provide only the missing documents and re-submit the same application? (Note: some of the documents had the stamped from the CIC office with the date it was reviewed)

Also, the copy of my translated birth certificate is printed off from the picture. So I wonder if this type of copy is acceptable?

Thanks in advance

siroccoon

Feb 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-04-2013
AOR Received.
24-05-2013
Med's Request
19-03-2014
Med's Done....
31-03-2014
Passport Req..
24-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
30-04-2014
LANDED..........
01-03-2015
Hi,
When you a copy is printed off from a picture, can you explain that statement?

I would file a new application with an affidavit if the names in the birth certificate don't match exactly as in your passport

Cheers

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ivy L. said:
Hi everyone:

I recently submitted my application in Jan 2013. Unfortunately, I got a return from the office due to missing a required document.

I missed my Birth Certificate documents. My question is do I have to fill out a new application and re-submit, or I can just provide only the missing documents and re-submit the same application? (Note: some of the documents had the stamped from the CIC office with the date it was reviewed)

Also, the copy of my translated birth certificate is printed off from the picture. So I wonder if this type of copy is acceptable?

Thanks in advance
1) I'd suggest you complete a new application, to be on the safe side.

2) It depends on where you are from. If you are from India, this has been covered in detail during recent discussions, I'd suggest you do a search.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Ivy L. said:

You can re-submit with the birth certificate and a copy of the letter indicating the missing documents.

Not clear. If your birth certificate is not in English or French, you need to submit the following:
1) certified photocopy of the original language document'
2) Translation (original document)
3) Translator's affidavit (Exception: If translation is done by a certified Canadian translator, then you don't need the affidavit).

Ivy L.

Feb 26, 2013
Thank you so much for the info.

I will have the original copy of my birth cert (in my country's language), but the translate copy is not original and it is printed off from the picture which was taken by the phone.

On the document check list (IMM5610), point # 12, it's stated "copies" under the format. I am sorry, I know this is confusing. But I really want to make this clear before I re-submit the application.

Thank you very much!

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Ivy L. said:
Thank you so much for the info.

I will have the original copy of my birth cert (in my country's language), but the translate copy is not original and it is printed off from the picture which was taken by the phone.

On the document check list (IMM5610), point # 12, it's stated "copies" under the format. I am sorry, I know this is confusing. But I really want to make this clear before I re-submit the application.
It also says, in the instructions at the top, "If your documents are not in English or French,
send a notarized (certified) translation with a copy of the original version."

The instruction guide also has instructions on translation:

Translation of documents

Any document that is not in English or French must be accompanied by:

the English or French translation; and
an affidavit from the person who completed the translation; and
a certified copy of the original document.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5609ETOC.asp

seventeen5552

Jul 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CCP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 30, 2013
Ivy L. said:
Hi everyone:

Thanks in advance
Hi Ivy.

I got once returned as well back to Dec. I just want to let you know that, I phoned in to CIC to ask them the same question your ask. they said i have to send it a completely brand new application and included the missing doc this time. Just like you are applying it first time.

So you may want to reprint all your forms, dated them and signed them and send them off again so that it has the newest date, which was what I did.

Hope this help.