+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need help with PR application < Undergoing divorce process >

unni.nexus

Jan 18, 2013
Hi ,

I have sent the full application for Canadian PR (experience class category) on first week of December but CIC returned my application saying the fact that my spouse photo, birth certificate and police clearance certificates were missing. Even if I am married I wanted to have PR only for me because due to continued disputes in my married life we are getting divorced. We are from India and my advocate has filed petition at family court for getting divorce from her. This has been happened on second week of January 2013.

Right now even if my status is married I am not in a good position to provide the missing details. I want to know how I proceed now with my application. Can I give the details (copy of divorce petition) to CIC for further processing? I was able to get my wife’s signature before I am submitting the application form. Also I have sponsored her just after my marriage (early 2012 ) and she was in Canada for 3 months.
Could anyone help me with this situation ?????

Thanks

visitor404

Dec 18, 2012
As now you have filed your divorce, see if ''Legally Separated" Martial status is applicable to you.

If it is, check if you can remove her as your dependent in your next application.

rickycameron

Jun 17, 2014
you can exclude them by stating "legally separated". For this you have to provide proof of documents.

If you say married then you have to provide your wife details.

rajeeshp

Dec 1, 2014
Any idea what do we need to show as the proof for legal separation. I am also going through the same phase and need help in the knowing documents that needs to be submitted.

Busy Bee

Sep 1, 2015
Hi I am also in same state and undergoing divorce. I filed my petition in 2014 and still going through it and may take some more months but we have been separated for more than 1.5 years. Now in order to save time of life, I am planning to file for Canadian PR. Please let me know the things/documents and areas I need to be aware of and any complications involved if I go for individual application for PR, if any.

mathansri

Jan 28, 2018
Bangalore
Hi I am also in same state and undergoing divorce. I filed my petition in 2014 and still going through it and may take some more months but we have been separated for more than 1.5 years. Now in order to save time of life, I am planning to file for Canadian PR. Please let me know the things/documents and areas I need to be aware of and any complications involved if I go for individual application for PR, if any.
How did your PR go? Can you please share?

Ceejee

Mar 27, 2017
My ex husband filed a divorced in canada last 2018. Can I ask po how to get a copy of a divorce certificate. I am from Philippine ayaw niya kasi ako bigyan ng copy. Please help po. Tagal na po ako humihingi ayaw ibigay sa akin.thank you