+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need help with LMIA

shawen

Jan 29, 2020
Hi all,

my work permit is expiring soon and im planing to apply for PR but currently i dont have enough point for express entry

but if i get LMIA i can apply to PR from that.

i'm also looking to go lawyer. will a lawyer will able to help me with a PR and get a LMIA process done??

or is there a third party of consults where i can representative for LMIA??

im really scared and stressed out now don't know what to do now? please help me

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi all,

my work permit is expiring soon and im planing to apply for PR but currently i dont have enough point for express entry

but if i get LMIA i can apply to PR from that.

i'm also looking to go lawyer. will a lawyer will able to help me with a PR and get a LMIA process done??

or is there a third party of consults where i can representative for LMIA??

im really scared and stressed out now don't know what to do now? please help me
A lawyer cannot help with an LMIA.

You need to find an employer who is willing to get an LMIA.

Consultants / third parties offering LMIAs in exchange for money are generally scams. It's illegal to charge money for an LMIA.

Pnay16

Feb 20, 2020

Consultants / third parties offering LMIAs in exchange for money are generally scams. It's illegal to charge money for an LMIA.

Hi,

I have a question related to this. My post graduate work permit will expire on April 25, 2020. I have been working with my employer for a year now with NOC skill type B. I am eligible for express entry under CEC but I don't have enough points yet to get an invitation. So, I have convinced my employer to apply for the LMIA to support my PR application to get additional points and to extend my stay as a worker. We just started advertising and hopefully we can submit the LMIA application by the end of March. I have read from the cic that you can submit your work permit application without an LMIA if your work permit expires 2 weeks and must include proof that the LMIA was made, can I apply for it even though I have the post graduate kind of work permit? and if I could, then can I continue working?

Thank you so much for your help.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi,

I have a question related to this. My post graduate work permit will expire on April 25, 2020. I have been working with my employer for a year now with NOC skill type B. I am eligible for express entry under CEC but I don't have enough points yet to get an invitation. So, I have convinced my employer to apply for the LMIA to support my PR application to get additional points and to extend my stay as a worker. We just started advertising and hopefully we can submit the LMIA application by the end of March. I have read from the cic that you can submit your work permit application without an LMIA if your work permit expires 2 weeks and must include proof that the LMIA was made, can I apply for it even though I have the post graduate kind of work permit? and if I could, then can I continue working?

Is your employer applying for an LMIA just to support your PR app, without paying the $1000 fee? Or are they paying the fee and applying for an LMIA that can be used for a work permit?

If it is just a PR supporting LMIA, you won't qualify for a work permit based on it.

Pnay16

Feb 20, 2020
Is your employer applying for an LMIA just to support your PR app, without paying the $1000 fee? Or are they paying the fee and applying for an LMIA that can be used for a work permit?

If it is just a PR supporting LMIA, you won't qualify for a work permit based on it.
Hello,

My employer is applying for both. Supporting PR application and work permit. He's paying the fee.

Thanks.

Pnay16

Feb 20, 2020

Hi,

I have a question related to this. My post graduate work permit will expire on April 25, 2020. I have been working with my employer for a year now with NOC skill type B. I am eligible for express entry under CEC but I don't have enough points yet to get an invitation. So, I have convinced my employer to apply for the LMIA to support my PR application to get additional points and to extend my stay as a worker. We just started advertising and hopefully we can submit the LMIA application by the end of March. I have read from the cic that you can submit your work permit application without an LMIA if your work permit expires within 2 weeks and must include proof that the LMIA was made, can I apply for it even though I have the post graduate kind of work permit? and if I could, then can I continue working?