+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need help with linking paper based application

johnsnow

Dec 14, 2016
Hey y'all,

I need help with linking my paper based application online. Tired of looking at "application still being processed" at VFS tracking website. Before you guys start sending me links to different forums or the CIC website that explains how to link your application, I would like to inform you that I've already tried almost everything from not filling out the country of birth, to making other necessary changes. My family name is blank on my passport and I have two first names in the given name section like many other people who use Singh after their first name. I've tried various different combinations to fill out the given and family name sections while linking my application but none of them worked. It always resulted in "File not found".

I decided not to bother with that and thought to wait it out until the VFS tracking website stated "passport dispatched". But I'm losing my patience, for it's almost been a month since my application was filed at CHD VFS and I received my tracking number immediately on Nov 17th, 2016. I've been stalking this forum for the past few weeks and seeing that most of the people have been receiving their passports within 3 weeks or less, I'm kind of anxious and worried. Any sort of help would be appreciated.

johnsnow

Dec 14, 2016
So there's nobody who had problems linking their application online because of no family name on passport? Seriously?

HR5796

Dec 15, 2016
Bro, even I don't know how to link the application. I'm tired of Vfs tracking site. I don't understand when the linking partners and stuff comes up. I don't know what to do at that stage

johnsnow

Dec 14, 2016
HR5796 said:
Bro, even I don't know how to link the application. I'm tired of Vfs tracking site. I don't understand when the linking partners and stuff comes up. I don't know what to do at that stage
Follow these steps and you should be good. It's pretty much straight forward as long as you've got all the required information at hand, which you should.

gsohi2011 said:
2) Select: continue to Gckey
3)Select: Sign up on next page and create your username, password and security questions.
4)After creating my cic account, click link application to this account.
5)Then select category as Temporary residence and subcategory as Study permit and extension.
6)Then select Family name,given name and date of birth option.
7)Fill your family name(surname), given name and date of birth.
8)Next in applicant personal info fill passport information only and DONOT FILL CITY AND COUNTRY OF BIRTH.
9) Fill program start and end date as well as DLI number of the institution (found in offer letter)
10) Your application will be found and can be linked.
11) You can get real time updates on your paper application.
In case of any doubts drop comments below.

johnsnow

Dec 14, 2016
amulyagautam said:
While lining i entered the place of birth and country of birth will it make any difference??? Please help me
Most of the posts I read here mentioned not to enter place of birth and country while linking your application online but nobody mentioned why. Try with or without. It shouldn't make any difference either way, as long as it works for you.