+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need help with general application..

nsbound87

Nov 2, 2014
Hello,

I have a few questions about the application that I am struggling with. I am hopeful that someone is able to help me out. I am applying from Korea to become a permanent resident in Canada. My husband is Canadian.

1) On form IMM0008 the question about dependants. My husband is sponsoring me. Should I include him as a dependant? It appears that I need to include all family members, but I'm unsure about this. We also have a 2 year old daughter. Even though she is both Canadian and Korean should I include her as well?

2) It says I must send in 9 pictures of myself. Do these need to be stamped or signed by the person who took them?

3) What is UCI? I don't think I have one? or my husband? But my daughter who was born in Korea received Canadian citizenship and got a piece of paper saying she is Canadian. Is that a UCI?

4) What is meant by National Identity Document? Is a passport acceptable for this? Or a drivers license?

I hope you guys can help me.

Thank you so much.

satbeerus2001

Star Member
Jan 20, 2012
nsbound87 said:
Hello,

I have a few questions about the application that I am struggling with. I am hopeful that someone is able to help me out. I am applying from Korea to become a permanent resident in Canada. My husband is Canadian.

1) On form IMM0008 the question about dependants. My husband is sponsoring me. Should I include him as a dependant? It appears that I need to include all family members, but I'm unsure about this. We also have a 2 year old daughter. Even though she is both Canadian and Korean should I include her as well?

I do not remember about this. May be someone else can help you with this

2) It says I must send in 9 pictures of myself. Do these need to be stamped or signed by the person who took them?

Ideally all photos you send them make sure are stamped with the date so that they cannot question about their validity as per their requirements. I take my photos at London drugs and they always stamp it for me.

3) What is UCI? I don't think I have one? or my husband? But my daughter who was born in Korea received Canadian citizenship and got a piece of paper saying she is Canadian. Is that a UCI?

UCI means Universal Client ID....this is generate for every person who has made any application ever to the CIC. You can find it as a (usually) 8 numbers on any CIC documents like study/work permits, visas stapled in your passports

4) What is meant by National Identity Document? Is a passport acceptable for this? Or a drivers license?

National Identity document is NOT your passport. In reference to India it is the Aadhar Card which not everyone possesses. Driver license is NOT a national identity document as in India. So for myself, I wrote "Not applicable" and it was fine (Because I just landed today as a PR :)

I hope you guys can help me.

Thank you so much.