+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need help with Citizenship Application Fees Receipt

ellenha0

Mar 26, 2015
Hello,

I just paid my fees online using my mom's credit card, and there's a payer information section that asks for client date of birth, client ID, addresses, postal code, area code, telephone number. Do i put my information, or my mom's, who actually paid the fee?

Thanks

DAN11

Star Member
Nov 22, 2014
ellenha0 said:
Hello,

I just paid my fees online using my mom's credit card, and there's a payer information section that asks for client date of birth, client ID, addresses, postal code, area code, telephone number. Do i put my information, or my mom's, who actually paid the fee?

Thanks
Yours, you are the applicant. Its referring to the applicant not the payee.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
i think there is a confusion. I paid using my own credit card thus I did put my own information. However, in your case your have used your mom's credit card. Someone in this forum who has similar experience using someone else's credit card for payment can shed some light on this situation.

Even on the bottom of the receipt, it says the following:

Please print two copies of this receipt, send one to Citizenship and Immigration Canada and keep one for your records. Please also note that the payer's name on this receipt does not have to be the same as the one on the application form.

DAN11

Star Member
Nov 22, 2014
thecoolguysam said:
i think there is a confusion. I paid using my own credit card thus I did put my own information. However, in your case your have used your mom's credit card. Someone in this forum who has similar experience using someone else's credit card for payment can shed some light on this situation.

Even on the bottom of the receipt, it says the following:

Please print two copies of this receipt, send one to Citizenship and Immigration Canada and keep one for your records. Please also note that the payer's name on this receipt does not have to be the same as the one on the application form.
As mentioned above in my first reply to the person who asked the question - CIC needs to know who's application is being paid for. The site already asked for the credit card info, anyone can make payment for someones else but when it comes to the applicant CIC needs to know which applicant the payment is for. Its about the applicant not the payee. That's why it asked for the client's info.

boshetunmai

Feb 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Moscow
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
31.10.2011 (Sponsor approved)
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
This link may help: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=944&t=4