+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need help-what kind of program of 2 years post secondary should one do?

kindbeans

May 25, 2011
I am looking at migrating using the Canadian Experience Class.

It says:

If you want to apply based on your Canadian credentials, you must complete either:

a full-time Canadian post-secondary educational program of at least two years or
a one-year Master's program (certificates and diplomas cannot be counted) and an additional year of education, obtained in Canada, before admission into the one-year program (for a total of two years).

So if I were to study in a 2 year program, what would that be? An Associates Degree or Diploma?

So does this mean I don't need to do a 4 year degree to qualify for this in terms of Education?

Can someone give me an idea of what sort of skilled program can I study for 2 years to get a skilled occupation upon completion of studies? And do they have an age limit for qualifying for Canadian Experience Class? I'm already 28 this year.

Pouce

Star Member
Apr 17, 2011
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Seattle
NOC Code......
science
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-May-2010
AOR Received.
03-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
03-Mar-2011
Med's Request
21-Sep-2011
Med's Done....
16-NOv-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
09-July-2012
VISA ISSUED...
02-Aug-2012
LANDED..........
12-Aug-2012
Hey as long as its post secoundary education, should be ok. doesnt hvae to be a 4 years program.
college diploma, degree, or some sort of certificate works i guess but for the working experience, it have to be in NOC skill type 0 A or B. 18 years old or older you are good.