+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need Help...Urgent... got mail frm NS, Sydney Credit card info invalid

mithun.togari

Star Member
Nov 3, 2009
Hi guys..

i got a mail from NS, Sydney that my file is in process and my credit card information is invalid...

Please provide updated credit card information or another acceptable form of payment via mail to the following address within 30 days of the date of this letter.

so any suggestions as soon as possible....

thanx in advance.....

canadaways

Oct 11, 2009
Where from you are??

If you are sure you entered correct information for credit card, then I assume its issue with credit cards from your region. I am reading several post where mostly from India, Pakistan etc, credit cart payments are getting denied.

My personal opinion is, don't waste time and take risk by resubmitting credit card information, make a check in Canadian dollar and courier as soon possible. You are lucky that they gave you chance instead of refuse/send back your application.

Good luck.

mithun.togari

Star Member
Nov 3, 2009
thanx guys for replying

i am frm india, Hyderabad... i am thinking to send a DD in canadian dollars...

today i got the mail...i submitted my application in December today i got that my credit card information is invalid...

ryanf

Star Member
Feb 1, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

Is it normal for CIU to send email for those applicants if ever they can charge the credit card that they have provided? I am worried because until today i havent received any aor and my application is not returned. They received my file Feb. 3,2010.

Thanks.

fresher1

Mar 26, 2010
do you inform by mail or email?
if it is mail then you should send a DD with highest priority.

BTW, when did you send your application to CIO, NS?

ryanf

Star Member
Feb 1, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
They received my application feb. 3, 2010 and until now my credit card is not yet debited. However, i still dont have any email regarding the status of my application. I am not sure if there is a problem debiting my credit just like what happened to others who received an email from cio that their credit card is invalid.

fresher1

Mar 26, 2010
ryanf said:
They received my application feb. 3, 2010 and until now my credit card is not yet debited. However, i still dont have any email regarding the status of my application. I am not sure if there is a problem debiting my credit just like what happened to others who received an email from cio that their credit card is invalid.
I am waiting since Nov 2009. Be patience please.
mithun.togari did not clearified whether she/he recieved regular mail or email.
be aware of email.

ryanf

Star Member
Feb 1, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
credit card is not yet debited as of this time....please tell me what to do.....CIO recevied my application feb 3, 2010

charmeuse

Jan 15, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 10, 2008
AOR Received.
September 3, 2008
Med's Request
December 12, 2009
Med's Done....
December 24, 2009
Interview........
November 9, 2009
Passport Req..
December 12, 2009. Recd. by CHC on Jan 15, 2010.
VISA ISSUED...
February 4, 2010. E-cas status changed on 9 Feb, recd on 10 Feb.
LANDED..........
Smooth landing on June 26, 2010.
ryanf, send the DD for the correct amount ASAP. The reason you didn't get an AOR or file number is because the very first step at CIO is encashing the fees. You will get the AOR after they have collected the fees and you are deemed eligible. So, don't waste anymore time. Honor the 30-day deadline.

After posting the above, I noticed your timeline. You got the intimation from them in February, but you did not send the DD? Then, I'm afraid, my friend, your application will be returned now. You probably will have to lodge a new application.

rehanhaque

Dec 28, 2009
I sent in my 1st application in oct 2009 and received a similar note in Dec 2009. I sent in a letter with info on 2 credit cards, and again received the same reply a month later. Finally, I got a demand draft made in canadian dollars from a bank (you can get it from a money changer also) and sent it in. Finally got my receipt letter (in fact an email) around Feb 11, 2010.

So, my advice is, don't waste time with a credit card. Get a demand/bank draft made in canadian dollars in the name of "Receiver General of Canada" and sent it with the # given on the letter you received (so that CIC can track it back to your application).

Good Luck.
Rehan Haque

canadaways said:
Where from you are??

If you are sure you entered correct information for credit card, then I assume its issue with credit cards from your region. I am reading several post where mostly from India, Pakistan etc, credit cart payments are getting denied.

My personal opinion is, don't waste time and take risk by resubmitting credit card information, make a check in Canadian dollar and courier as soon possible. You are lucky that they gave you chance instead of refuse/send back your application.

Good luck.

ryanf

Star Member
Feb 1, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all,

if i'm going to send a bank draft to CIO what will i include in my letter. i don't have any file number yet. the only thing that i have is the tracking number for fedex and the date that they have received my application.