+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need help understanding my CAIPS NOTES

naz80

Mar 6, 2009
Hello All,

I have received my caips notes recently, if you guys can help me undesrtand what stage my application is, here i am writing few things whih if you guys can explain me.

paper file sent to CSM FILE BF'D TO CSM ON 02-05-2009 (WHAT DOES THI MEANS)

IMMIGRATION ASSESMENT RCORD SUMMARY

PS DECISION :1 31-10-2008 RJT

COST RECOVERY CODE: FPA

RPRF: LFD

Case Status

WC STATUS:** WC TYPE :** DECISION REASON:**

PSDEC 1 31-10-2008 SELDEC 0
BDEC MEDDEC 0
OREQ 0 FINDEC 0

STATUS MEDICAL
SEC CRIM SAGE VALIDITY

MEDICAL CASE DIRECTORY

FILE NO: 000000000
MED MED
REQ'D STAGE VALIDITY

VIEW MEDICAL ASSESMENT FOR ENTIRE FAMILY (Y/N)? Y

FILE: 000000 IMS SERIAL NUMBER : UMI:
NAME: AAAAAAAA DOB:00-00-0000

MEDICAL STATUS CODE: MEDICAL OFFICER #:
MEDICAL ASESMENT VALID UNTIL:

MEDICAL CODE

i have received long list 8 pages long these are the few things i have mentioned if some one can give me an idea what these things mean? am i going to receive medical or what?

please if someone is expert into this provide me your email address and i would be thank full if you can explain e what my caips says about my application.

thanks to you all in advance.

PMM / rupesh please reply.

Naz

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Not transfered to regional office.
Med's Request
July 2010 with RPRF and another PCC.
Med's Done....
Meds - September 2010. PCC - Late Oct 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010 - Exactly days shy of 2 years since I sent in my application to CIO.
LANDED..........
perhaps this will help.
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/caips-codes-t2988.0.html

naz80

Mar 6, 2009
my uncle asked from canada it took arround 6 weeks to receive it and costs only 5 dollars from canada.

thanx

plzzz if someone reply to my questions

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

naz80 said:
Hello All,

I have received my caips notes recently, if you guys can help me undesrtand what stage my application is, here i am writing few things whih if you guys can explain me.

paper file sent to CSM FILE BF'D TO CSM ON 02-05-2009 (WHAT DOES THI MEANS)

File will be brought forward (out of registry) on 2nd of May to an officer with initials CSM

IMMIGRATION ASSESMENT RCORD SUMMARY

PS DECISION :1 31-10-2008 RJT Application paper screened by RJT passed.

COST RECOVERY CODE: FPA Fee Paid Abroad

RPRF: LFD Right of Permanent Resident fee-deferred.

Case Status

WC STATUS:** WC TYPE :** DECISION REASON:**

PSDEC 1 31-10-2008 SELDEC 0
BDEC MEDDEC 0
OREQ 0 FINDEC 0

No decisions entered above other than paper screeening

STATUS MEDICAL
SEC CRIM SAGE VALIDITY

MEDICAL CASE DIRECTORY

FILE NO: 000000000
MED MED
REQ'D STAGE VALIDITY

VIEW MEDICAL ASSESMENT FOR ENTIRE FAMILY (Y/N)? Y

FILE: 000000 IMS SERIAL NUMBER : UMI:
NAME: AAAAAAAA DOB:00-00-0000

MEDICAL STATUS CODE: MEDICAL OFFICER #:
MEDICAL ASESMENT VALID UNTIL:

MEDICAL CODE

i have received long list 8 pages long these are the few things i have mentioned if some one can give me an idea what these things mean? am i going to receive medical or what?

please if someone is expert into this provide me your email address and i would be thank full if you can explain e what my caips says about my application.

thanks to you all in advance.

PMM / rupesh please reply.

Naz
Basically the background and security results haven't been received, so it will be a while yet.

PMM

naz80

Mar 6, 2009
Thanx PMM for your reply, i was just getting happy for no reason, i thought may will get medical request soon SAD!!!!!

Naz

May 3, 2009
well if you are in canada then there is no fee and will get it in 30 days.

here is the details

CAIPS, for the uninitiated, stands for Computer Assisted Immigration Processing System, the software used by Citizenship and Immigration Canada and Canadian diplomatic missions to track visa applications.

To obtain your CAIPS notes, you do need to know someone living in Canada, either a citizen or a permanent resident, who will be willing to mail the request for you. If you already in Canada, you can however send in the application yourself.

A Canadian citizen living abroad can also send in the application on your behalf, but there is a C$5 fee in this situation.

(Note: An In-Canada applicant can also obtain their FOSS notes using the same procedure as detailed here).

First off, you need to download the application form. You will find this at the Citizenship and Immigration Canada website at this link:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5563B.pdf
The form is pretty straightforward, with explanations on what needs to be provided. You will need to fill in your file number (usually starts with a “B”, “V”, “E” or an “S”), the embassy where you applied (e.g. Buffalo or New Delhi), and the address in Canada.

If you do not know your file number, you can indicate this in the form, though there may be a delay in you getting your CAIPS notes.

You need to provide a Consent Letter, authorizing release of the information to the person applying on your behalf, who will also have to write a Formal Request letter asking for the CAIPS notes. A copy of that person's passport or other document proving legal residency in Canada also needs to be attached.

All the papers then need to be mailed to this address:

Citizenship and Immigration Canada
Access to Information and Privacy Coordinator
Narono Building
360 Laurier Avenue West, 10th Floor
Ottawa, Ontario K1A 1L1
Canada

Alternately, you can fax all the papers to CIC at 1-613-957-6517, though some applicants say there have been delays when using this method.

Standard processing time is under a month. However if there is a long delay in getting a response, you can call the CIC at 1-613-957-6512 for a follow-up.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

destinationcanada said:
well if you are in canada then there is no fee and will get it in 30 days.

here is the details

CAIPS, for the uninitiated, stands for Computer Assisted Immigration Processing System, the software used by Citizenship and Immigration Canada and Canadian diplomatic missions to track visa applications.

To obtain your CAIPS notes, you do need to know someone living in Canada, either a citizen or a permanent resident, who will be willing to mail the request for you. If you already in Canada, you can however send in the application yourself.

A Canadian citizen living abroad can also send in the application on your behalf, but there is a C$5 fee in this situation.

(Note: An In-Canada applicant can also obtain their FOSS notes using the same procedure as detailed here).

First off, you need to download the application form. You will find this at the Citizenship and Immigration Canada website at this link:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5563B.pdf
The form is pretty straightforward, with explanations on what needs to be provided. You will need to fill in your file number (usually starts with a “B”, “V”, “E” or an “S”), the embassy where you applied (e.g. Buffalo or New Delhi), and the address in Canada.

If you do not know your file number, you can indicate this in the form, though there may be a delay in you getting your CAIPS notes.

You need to provide a Consent Letter, authorizing release of the information to the person applying on your behalf, who will also have to write a Formal Request letter asking for the CAIPS notes. A copy of that person's passport or other document proving legal residency in Canada also needs to be attached.

All the papers then need to be mailed to this address:

Citizenship and Immigration Canada
Access to Information and Privacy Coordinator
Narono Building
360 Laurier Avenue West, 10th Floor
Ottawa, Ontario K1A 1L1
Canada

Alternately, you can fax all the papers to CIC at 1-613-957-6517, though some applicants say there have been delays when using this method.

Standard processing time is under a month. However if there is a long delay in getting a response, you can call the CIC at 1-613-957-6512 for a follow-up.
1. CAIPS is only for overseas offices, in Canada it is FOSS Field Operation Support System.
2. You can obtain CAIPS notes through commercial companies such as caipsnotes or Caips.

PMM