+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need help! Study Permit refused!

O

orlamdo.terte

My wife and I are Filipinos currently working in Singapore. I got accepted to study at BCIT and I wanted my wife to accompany me. We tried to submit our applications here but the embassy asked us to submit our application to the Philippines. SO we did and just recently, our application has been refused. Here are the reasons given to me:

1. you have not demonstrated that you are sufficiently well established in your country of residence.

2. your proposed studies are not reasonable in light of one or more of: your qualifications, previous studies, employment, level of establishment, other educational opportunities available in your country or Canada, language abilities, or your future prospects and plans.

For the first one, it is very obvious because we are here in SG. Does it mean we have to go back and settle to Philippines first and for how long? For the second one, the program that I wanted to take has something to do with electronics and my previous education and employment are also well related to this.

Can somebody please help me...

happygarcha

Champion Member
Jan 15, 2011
British Columbia
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
11 May 2016 | App Received: May 16, 2016
Doc's Request.
November 18, 2016 December 16, 2016. Updated Schedule A request
Nomination.....
Approved
AOR Received.
24th August 2016
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
May 02, 2017
Med's Done....
May 08, 2017
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
BG: 20 September, 2017 | DM: 02 December, 2017 | PPR: 07 December, 2017 (@5.30 PM Pacific Standard Time)
VISA ISSUED...
20-12-2017
LANDED..........
11-01-2018
orlamdo.terte said:
My wife and I are Filipinos currently working in Singapore. I got accepted to study at BCIT and I wanted my wife to accompany me. We tried to submit our applications here but the embassy asked us to submit our application to the Philippines. SO we did and just recently, our application has been refused. Here are the reasons given to me:

1. you have not demonstrated that you are sufficiently well established in your country of residence.

2. your proposed studies are not reasonable in light of one or more of: your qualifications, previous studies, employment, level of establishment, other educational opportunities available in your country or Canada, language abilities, or your future prospects and plans.

For the first one, it is very obvious because we are here in SG. Does it mean we have to go back and settle to Philippines first and for how long? For the second one, the program that I wanted to take has something to do with electronics and my previous education and employment are also well related to this.

helo buddy so sad to hear it that ur app is refused. But if u are in singapore then u have experiance of how much years? I think its gud to apply as a skilled worker category or work permit category rather than student category...

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
orlamdo.terte said:

1. Country of Residence is different thn Country of Citizenship.

2. Apart from relevant and compatible course with your prior studies, show well established job and healthy bank statement. Show strong family ties.

3. And finally, visa is rejected more on the basis of "Overall Conclusion" not just by any "single issue"

O

orlamdo.terte

I already quit my job and going back to the Philippines soon. By the time I applied again, I no longer have a well established job. Does it mean that I have to look for a job in the Philippines and stay there for a while?