+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NEED HELP - Sponsor & Primary Applicant - BOTH Residing OUTSIDE CANADA (IN PAKISTAN)

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks. Yes, that makes sense & I agree.
Yes, my wife is a medical student at the moment & has not visited Canada since long. She will complete Studies & God willingly will be doing job soon. In the meantime i will also look for any job opportunity that will suit me.

No, its not the case. Actually i want to have an idea of every possibility/scenario i could face in future. This scenario may happen 6-7 years from today & God knows what will be the situation at that moment. I am planning to fulfill my residential obligation for Citizenship & get Nationality ASAP, but its better to have an idea of everything that can happen.
Given that you are both physicians that can’t practice medicine in Canada finding employment may be very difficult. If she will only complete her exams in 2-3 years there is no point in applying now. You need to apply when she will be able to move within a year. A previously said given that you are both foreign trained MDs and she has not lived in Canada for 14 years she will have to provide strong proof of relocation. Moving to Canada before you get approved would be ideal. As I previously indicated if you land and leave again there is no guarantee that you will be able to count time together towards your PR requirement. If you don’t intend to live in Canada because you won’t be able to get licensed as an ophthalmologist why don’t you delay getting your PR until you actually want to move to Canada. It makes no point to move to Canada as an IMG ophthalmologist unless you want to give up your practice.

Reactions: Dr. Irfan

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No, its not the case. Actually i want to have an idea of every possibility/scenario i could face in future. This scenario may happen 6-7 years from today & God knows what will be the situation at that moment. I am planning to fulfill my residential obligation for Citizenship & get Nationality ASAP, but its better to have an idea of everything that can happen.
Contrary to what the posters said, haven't lived in Canada for the past 15 years is not a big deal and your wife does not need to first move to Canada. She can be on the same flight and accompany you to complete your landing procedures. If for the period you first landed does not work out for you, you and your wife can try a later time to settle in this country.

Dr. Irfan

Jun 17, 2020
Given that you are both physicians that can’t practice medicine in Canada finding employment may be very difficult. If she will only complete her exams in 2-3 years there is no point in applying now. You need to apply when she will be able to move within a year. A previously said given that you are both foreign trained MDs and she has not lived in Canada for 14 years she will have to provide strong proof of relocation. Moving to Canada before you get approved would be ideal. As I previously indicated if you land and leave again there is no guarantee that you will be able to count time together towards your PR requirement. If you don’t intend to live in Canada because you won’t be able to get licensed as an ophthalmologist why don’t you delay getting your PR until you actually want to move to Canada. It makes no point to move to Canada as an IMG ophthalmologist unless you want to give up your practice.
Thanks for your guidance. Yes, I am fully aware that being an IMG, its very hard to get into the health system of Canada, but at the same time I am also working on finding any opportunity that suits me & i can avail.

Dr. Irfan

Jun 17, 2020
Contrary to what the posters said, haven't lived in Canada for the past 15 years is not a big deal and your wife does not need to first move to Canada. She can be on the same flight and accompany you to complete your landing procedures. If for the period you first landed does not work out for you, you and your wife can try a later time to settle in this country.
Thank-You :)

Dr. Irfan

Jun 17, 2020
There are certain querries, while filling the application.
I am going to ask one by one.
Your cooperation is highly appreciated. :)

Dr. Irfan

Jun 17, 2020
DOCUMENTS CHECK LIST IMM5533e
PAGE #1/10

Does my wife have to fill the following form (FINANCIAL EVALUATION IMM 1283)?

Last edited:

Dr. Irfan

Jun 17, 2020
DOCUMENTS CHECK LIST IMM5533e
PAGE # 6/10

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ABOUT CHILDREN
Is this applicable to me?
(i have two kids, born here in Pakistan, both have got Canadian Nationality/Passport paperwork done from here)

Dr. Irfan

Jun 17, 2020
APPLICATION TO SPONSOR – AGREEMENT & UNDERTAKING - IMM1344e
PAGE # 2/6

SPONSOR CONTACT INFORMATION (CURRENT MAILING ADDRESS)

Do we have to mention her Pakistan Address (where we are residing currently) OR Canada Address (mentioned on her Overseas ID CARD)?

Dr. Irfan

Jun 17, 2020
GENERIC APPLICATION FORM - IMM0008ENU_2d
PAGE # 3/5

DEPENDENTS

Do I have to mention my 2 children here (who are already CANADIAN CITIZENS)?

Dr. Irfan

Jun 17, 2020
SPONSORSHIP EVALUATION AND RELATIONSHIP QUESTIONNAIRE (IMM 5532)
PAGE # 1/8

SPONSORS EMPLOYMENT HISTORY
1. How to fill this section? As my Wife is currently a Student here in Pakistan & hasn't done any Job in Canada/Pakistan.

2. If asked to explain on a separate sheet of paper, will the explanation of this Section be same as asked in this post (Link mentioned below)?

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/spousal-sponsorship-pakistan-london-visa-office.203899/post-8677212

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
APPLICATION TO SPONSOR – AGREEMENT & UNDERTAKING - IMM1344e
PAGE # 2/6

SPONSOR CONTACT INFORMATION (CURRENT MAILING ADDRESS)

Do we have to mention her Pakistan Address (where we are residing currently) OR Canada Address (mentioned on her Overseas ID CARD)?

Yes, your (sponsor) current address in pk