+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need Help. Siblings didnt disclose each other on study permit application back then

remark_org

Sep 7, 2024
Hi all, I am a temporary resident in Canada currently and back when i applied for a student visa to come here, I was misguided by the consultant in india to apply without mentioning my siblings on relationship certificate and study permit ime form. Back then i didnt know about how it could be treated as a misrepresentation as we lack a lot of resources and knowledge in our country.

Last year, my sibling has also applied for study permit and got approved but the consultant said since my sibling was not mentioned on my study permit 3 years back she advised my sibling to also not mention myself on her study permit. Now that we or me apply for PR to settle in Canada, i have researched on different forums and found out that it is a misrepresentation to do so.

This is such a foolish thing and misleading information from the consultants who did our study visa. Please suggest on how it can be tackled as i have heard when applying for PR if its me or my sibling, can it be found out or can it be left as it is without mentioning. Please suggest if any other tips you have.

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Hi all, I am a temporary resident in Canada currently and back when i applied for a student visa to come here, I was misguided by the consultant in india to apply without mentioning my siblings on relationship certificate and study permit ime form. Back then i didnt know about how it could be treated as a misrepresentation as we lack a lot of resources and knowledge in our country.

Last year, my sibling has also applied for study permit and got approved but the consultant said since my sibling was not mentioned on my study permit 3 years back she advised my sibling to also not mention myself on her study permit. Now that we or me apply for PR to settle in Canada, i have researched on different forums and found out that it is a misrepresentation to do so.

This is such a foolish thing and misleading information from the consultants who did our study visa. Please suggest on how it can be tackled as i have heard when applying for PR if its me or my sibling, can it be found out or can it be left as it is without mentioning. Please suggest if any other tips you have.
What’s done is done

The blame falls on you . You were complicit

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Don't blame it on the consultants - you signed it, you take responsibility. You knew it was a lie.

You can tell IRCC yourselves, or you can risk IRCC finding out. It typically goes FAR worse for applicants if IRCC finds it out. For applicants who admit to mistakes before IRCC finds out, and if it was not material, it may not lead to any issues at all.

Up to you.