+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need Help regarding PR-Canada ???????!! HELP PLEASEEEE!!!

aries9811

Jun 6, 2009
New York
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo-NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 27, 2010
Doc's Request.
March 17,2010 --> Documents Recieved @VO April 2,2010
Nomination.....
Not Applicable
AOR Received.
Second AOR 1st May 2010
IELTS Request
March 17,2010
File Transfer...
Nov 2, 2011
Med's Request
Jan 26,2012
Med's Done....
Received @Ottawa Feb 17,2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 10, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
June 2012
LANDED..........
August 2012
Hi Friends,

I am currently in USA and on student visa planning to apply for PR Canada, but confused about the procedure..I wanted to know about ielts and tef exams.
1) Do I need to give the exams before submitting the Application package ?

2) And from where I can take TEF exam ?

3)I did my studies in US Is IELTS compulsory ? I have heard that sometimes depending upon the application like if my studied in US then the PR Officer might waive the IELTS exams and it may not be required then..!!! Is it true ????

4) I have 1.8 months of work experience in US and India, but that has been along with the studies. Can I still Apply for PR Canada ? Or I need to wait for some more time before I get FULLTIME.

5) I might get h1b visa this year, So can I still apply under Fedral Skilled Worker PR or there is some other qouta for H1B visa. And how will it affect my application if my status changes from F1-H1B visa in USA.?

Please Answer my questions. Will Appreciate it.

Thanks !! :)

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Not transfered to regional office.
Med's Request
July 2010 with RPRF and another PCC.
Med's Done....
Meds - September 2010. PCC - Late Oct 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010 - Exactly days shy of 2 years since I sent in my application to CIO.
LANDED..........
I only know some information about FSW so my answers are for FSW. They could also work for other form off immigration but I don't know that for sure.

I am currently in USA and on student visa planning to apply for PR Canada, but confused about the procedure..I wanted to know about ielts and tef exams.
1) Do I need to give the exams before submitting the Application package ?

You don't need to take the IELTS before sending your application to Sydney but if Sydney okays you to process further, they give 120 days for the documents and language proof. If you don't get the required points, you maybe in a bit of a spot.

2) And from where I can take TEF exam ?

I don't know this for sure but Google is great. Bing might work too.

3)I did my studies in US Is IELTS compulsory ? I have heard that sometimes depending upon the application like if my studied in US then the PR Officer might waive the IELTS exams and it may not be required then..!!! Is it true ????

0.00001% probability is a 'might' but the chances are they will ask you for IELTS since you are originally from India.

4) I have 1.8 months of work experience in US and India, but that has been along with the studies. Can I still Apply for PR Canada ? Or I need to wait for some more time before I get FULLTIME.

I think part time is okay but you need equivalent number of hours as one year of full time. I think that is 1950 hours.

5) I might get h1b visa this year, So can I still apply under Fedral Skilled Worker PR or there is some other qouta for H1B visa. And how will it affect my application if my status changes from F1-H1B visa in USA.?

If it changes from F1 to H1B, nothing happens to your FSW application, it still gets processed and you will get it if you are qualified, etc. There is no quota for H1b. If you do get H1b, you can apply for Alberta's PNP where they have a special provision for H1b. For that, you may need one year of work experience in H1b itself (but i am not sure on this) and it is only for some jobs.