+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need help regarding adding wife as dependent before landing

mayurd

Star Member
Feb 20, 2016
I recently got my CoPR as a SINGLE under Express Entry system. I am planning to get married now and add my wife also now BEFORE I land in Canada so that both of us can get CoPR and both can do landing together later.

My question is: I am planning to go for Court or Registered Marriage and add her application also to initiate her PR process. Once we both get our CoPR, then I am planning to go for traditional wedding/reception as per our customs & rituals. I cannot submit any marriage/reception photos when I file for her application as this will happen later. I can give the court or registered marriage certificate as proof.

Will this create any problem in her application if no marriage photos are there ?

What all evidence is required by CIC other than marriage certificate as proof of marriage ?

For proof of marriage, other than marriage certificate is anything else required ? I won't be having any photos because I would be doing registered marriage and then apply. I would be getting married again later ( after we both get our CoPR) as per our customs and rituals for which I will have photos then.

Reactions: mTk1

ankie

Star Member
Oct 13, 2017
Not sure about the process of addition of spouse post CoPR, but in general sense, only marriage certificate needs to be attached during standard application (i.e. when filling together). So I don't see any reason of having any other documents requirement (such as photos etc.) for your scenario!.

iamxty

Champion Member
Mar 13, 2017
Singapore
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-07-2017
Nomination.....
01-08-2017
AOR Received.
07-09-2017
File Transfer...
04-11-2017
Passport Req..
08-03-2018
@mayurd Marriage photos are required. Pictures from the court marriage will do. You can also include pictures from the engagement ceremony.

We had a civil wedding in a restaurant but there was a small reception after the marriage ceremony. Along with the marriage photos, I explained that I only had few guests because I wanted it intimate so only close relatives and friends were invited. No other proof was asked from me.

There are already a lot of threads regarding adding spouse after PPR/COPR. These are some of the active threads

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/getting-married-after-ppr.403906/

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/adding-spouse-after-ppr-taking-too-long-please-connect-here.521680

Last edited:

iamxty

Champion Member
Mar 13, 2017
Singapore
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-07-2017
Nomination.....
01-08-2017
AOR Received.
07-09-2017
File Transfer...
04-11-2017
Passport Req..
08-03-2018
Not sure about the process of addition of spouse post CoPR, but in general sense, only marriage certificate needs to be attached during standard application (i.e. when filling together). So I don't see any reason of having any other documents requirement (such as photos etc.) for your scenario!.
Requirements for adding a spouse post AOR are different from the eAPR. Marriage photos are usually required after AOR/PPR/COPR.

Reactions: mrwhite

mayurd

Star Member
Feb 20, 2016
@mayurd Marriage photos are required. Pictures from the court marriage will do. You can also include pictures from the engagement ceremony.

We had a civil wedding in a restaurant but there was a small reception after the marriage ceremony. Along with the marriage photos, I explained that I only had few guests because I wanted it intimate so only close relatives and friends were invited. No other proof was asked from me.

There are already a lot of threads regarding adding spouse after PPR/COPR. These are some of the active threads

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/getting-married-after-ppr.403906/

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/adding-spouse-after-ppr-taking-too-long-please-connect-here.521680
Thanks for the reply. I will go through these links !

mayurd

Star Member
Feb 20, 2016

Have a further query. The PCC & medical exam of my wife can be done in advance or only after i inform CIC & get response from them should i proceed with these 2 steps?

iamxty

Champion Member
Mar 13, 2017
Singapore
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-07-2017
Nomination.....
01-08-2017
AOR Received.
07-09-2017
File Transfer...
04-11-2017
Passport Req..
08-03-2018
Have a further query. The PCC & medical exam of my wife can be done in advance or only after i inform CIC & get response from them should i proceed with these 2 steps?
Yes, you can. My husband got his PCC when he was still single.

mTk1

Jul 26, 2017
That's why I said I wasn't sure!

I recently got my CoPR as a SINGLE under Express Entry system. I am planning to get married now and add my wife also now BEFORE I land in Canada so that both of us can get CoPR and both can do landing together later.

My question is: I am planning to go for Court or Registered Marriage and add her application also to initiate her PR process. Once we both get our CoPR, then I am planning to go for traditional wedding/reception as per our customs & rituals. I cannot submit any marriage/reception photos when I file for her application as this will happen later. I can give the court or registered marriage certificate as proof.

Will this create any problem in her application if no marriage photos are there ?

What all evidence is required by CIC other than marriage certificate as proof of marriage ?

For proof of marriage, other than marriage certificate is anything else required ? I won't be having any photos because I would be doing registered marriage and then apply. I would be getting married again later ( after we both get our CoPR) as per our customs and rituals for which I will have photos then.

HI. i am in the same boat...
aor july 2018
waiting for ppr ..
will get married next month and need to add spouse .
being a court marriage what all documents do i need to present ??