+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NEED HELP POST GRAD WORK PERMIT REFUSED

khalB

Jun 8, 2015
Hi guys my PGWP was refused on the basis that my school wasnt legitimate even though it has a DLI. I filed for reconsideration and was refused again. My question is when do I have to leave the country by? First refusal was the 8th August and the second was 29th September.
Thanks so much guys

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
khalB said:
Hi guys my PGWP was refused on the basis that my school wasnt legitimate even though it has a DLI. I filed for reconsideration and was refused again. My question is when do I have to leave the country by? First refusal was the 8th August and the second was 29th September.
Thanks so much guys
The fact your school a DLI doesn't automatically mean you qualify for a PGWP. There are additional criteria your school needs to meet and unfortunately it sounds like your school didn't meet them.

You should leave within a month of your second refusal (i.e. next week) to ensure you don't have issues re-entering Canada in the future.

khalB

Jun 8, 2015
Thank you so much!
Apparently it was a private school :/
Do you have any documentation at hand stating that the time frame is 30 days? Ive been seeing lots of different time frames.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
khalB said:
Thank you so much!
Apparently it was a private school :/
Do you have any documentation at hand stating that the time frame is 30 days? Ive been seeing lots of different time frames.
The refusal makes sense if you attended a private school.

There's no official documentation that states the 30 days.

Instead, this is a recommendation if you have any plans to return to Canada in the future. When people stay longer, this often works against them in future applications to come to Canada and is seen as an abuse of privilege.

You've probably seen the 90 days which refers to the restoration period. That doesn't mean that you're allowed to remain in Canada for 90 days and then leave after being refused - far from it. Doing so won't work in your favour for future applications and will demonstrate a lack of respect for your status in Canada. When you're refused, you're supposed to leave as soon as you can afterwards.

khalB

Jun 8, 2015
Once again you very much for your time and detail! I will follow your recommendation cause I surely dont mean any disrespect to the system!

Soymiller2028

Oct 20, 2017
Post grad permit refused

Hello.. my pgwp got refused last october 18, the reason was i was passed the 90 days after the course was completed. I finished my studies last april and received the email msg from school that congratulate me from completing my course last june 15, i got the official letter from sch, transcript and cert last july 27 by mail. I applied aug 8. It was not my fault that school was sending documents late. Can i reapply my pgwp and ask for letter of explanation from school? I am so confused now i dont know what to do. Should i ask adbice from immig lawyer. I only have 90 days to apply for restoration of my status. Thanks for reading.

Rajpreet1

Sep 24, 2023
Post grad permit refused

Hello.. my pgwp got refused last october 18, the reason was i was passed the 90 days after the course was completed. I finished my studies last april and received the email msg from school that congratulate me from completing my course last june 15, i got the official letter from sch, transcript and cert last july 27 by mail. I applied aug 8. It was not my fault that school was sending documents late. Can i reapply my pgwp and ask for letter of explanation from school? I am so confused now i dont know what to do. Should i ask adbice from immig lawyer. I only have 90 days to apply for restoration of my status. Thanks for reading.
Have ur problem resolved bro?