+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

need help plz plz plz

hafiz_faiq

Jun 25, 2013
hello guys,

I want to share and need some help with you guys that my wife has applied spouse immigration on 23rd may 2013 and she got sponsorship approval on 26th june 2013 but the problem is that they had send my file to Islamabad embassy Pakistan however I am living in London UK and having residence permit until october 2014.

Can anyone please help me that what I should do because i have select visa office London when i was filling the application form.

How i should to do contact them? Any one having fax number of CIC missisauga

thanks

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
Unfortunately, CIC can decide to send your file to ISL rather than London if they deem that you have more links to Pakistan than to the UK.

If it was a mistake (for example, you have no links to Pakistan), then you can ask send to send your file to London, as it would be a mistake... but if you're from Pakistan but resident in the UK for now, they can decide which VO will deal with your file. I don't know why they chose ISL instead of London ( as there are a few Pakistani nationals resident in the UK that are processed in London), but I doubt that it can be changed.

Good luck,
Sweden

hafiz_faiq

Jun 25, 2013
thnx sweden but what would you suggest that what i need to do because i did not provide them any contact details of Pakistan and i do not have any plans to go back to Pakistan. What I should do? Please let me know thanks

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
hafiz_faiq said:
thnx sweden but what would you suggest that what i need to do because i did not provide them any contact details of Pakistan and i do not have any plans to go back to Pakistan. What I should do? Please let me know thanks
you can ask about it. But most likely your file will be sent to Pakistan, which is hard as the timeline is much longer than the UK. Then ISL will take contact with you, and you won't have to go to Pakistan unless an interview is required. Otherwise you can send your passport to them at the end of the process, and they will send it back with a visa.
Sweden

hafiz_faiq

Jun 25, 2013
Yeah Sweden I understand what you want to say but according to the laws of Pakistan I cannot send my passport by post because it is illegal so apart from interview I also cannot send my passport for stamping as well. Do you know any direct email address or fax number of CPC-mississauga.

please let me know

thanks

hafiz_faiq

Jun 25, 2013
Hi Guys

I contacted to immigration office and they said my file is in CPP-Ottawa, so i contacted them last week and received email from them that no further actions required by me and immigration officer will contact me if he needed.

so guys what i understand that they understand my case that i m not in Pakistan because i am living in London since last 6 years and do not provide any address of Pakistan because there is no one there to deal this matter.

plz reply

thanks

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Some files from ISL go to Ottawa instead, so that might be your case.
THe fact that you don't have an address in Pakistan is not an issue, as most communication happen by email, so it doesn't matter. You would only need to go to Pakistan if an interview is required.
CIC chooses the VO based on the residency OR the nationality, you can ask for one, but it's their call in the end.

I hope for you that your file stays in Ottawa for the duration of the process.
Sweden

Kuudir2

Star Member
Jan 7, 2013
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 15/2013
AOR Received.
February 28/2013
File Transfer...
March 21/2013
Med's Done....
August 5/2012
Interview........
None requested
VISA ISSUED...
March 30/2014
LANDED..........
May 15/2015 (AAAAH)
hafiz_faiq said:
Hi Guys

I contacted to immigration office and they said my file is in CPP-Ottawa, so i contacted them last week and received email from them that no further actions required by me and immigration officer will contact me if he needed.

so guys what i understand that they understand my case that i m not in Pakistan because i am living in London since last 6 years and do not provide any address of Pakistan because there is no one there to deal this matter.

plz reply

thanks
Hi,

My husband and I were in the same situation. But we made a mistake of not requesting a specific VO so they sent it to the country of his nationality. Do you think this may have been it??..

After we realized this mistake, we sent an email to the VO they sent it to and requested that it be sent to the VO that we needed (since my hubby has been there for 10+ years) Have you tried asking that it be transferred to London?

Kuudir2

hafiz_faiq

Jun 25, 2013
Hi Kuddir,

I did not do that mistake I specified the VO London. So whats your experience did they transfer the file to the VO you wanted?

If yes then how long it took to transfer the case?

I have asked them and they send me email that no further actions required by me and immigration officer will contact me if he/she needs any further correspondence.

thanks

hafiz_faiq

Jun 25, 2013
Hi Sweden,

I can understand that most of the communications done by email and i will have to go to Pakistan only in case if interview will required but for example if they need any further documents from Pakistan so Canadian embassy Pakistan will contact me on my London UK address because i have not provide them any address of Pakistan? What do you think?

One more thing i want to ask you that what do you think Ottawa office process the case faster then Islamabad Embassy and why my file is in Ottawa however in sponsorship letter mentioned to contact Islamabad Embassy for further correspondence.

Kuudir2

Star Member
Jan 7, 2013
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 15/2013
AOR Received.
February 28/2013
File Transfer...
March 21/2013
Med's Done....
August 5/2012
Interview........
None requested
VISA ISSUED...
March 30/2014
LANDED..........
May 15/2015 (AAAAH)
hafiz_faiq said:
Hi Kuddir,

I did not do that mistake I specified the VO London. So whats your experience did they transfer the file to the VO you wanted?

If yes then how long it took to transfer the case?

I have asked them and they send me email that no further actions required by me and immigration officer will contact me if he/she needs any further correspondence.

thanks
Yes they did eventually transfer the files to the VO that we wanted and it took approx. 2 months for them to do so.

And when I got my SA, I had to email the VO that my files were sent to.. So I couldn't email the Mississauga office anymore.

Have you tried it out?

Kuudir2

hafiz_faiq

Jun 25, 2013
hi Kuudir2

Yeah i did email to Mississauga and Ottawa office and Ottawa office respond me that my case is in process in Ottawa. So, Kuudir how did they inform you about the file has been transferred to the desire VO and this 2 months was counted in the processing time.

thanks

Kuudir2

Star Member
Jan 7, 2013
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 15/2013
AOR Received.
February 28/2013
File Transfer...
March 21/2013
Med's Done....
August 5/2012
Interview........
None requested
VISA ISSUED...
March 30/2014
LANDED..........
May 15/2015 (AAAAH)
hafiz_faiq said:
hi Kuudir2

Yeah i did email to Mississauga and Ottawa office and Ottawa office respond me that my case is in process in Ottawa. So, Kuudir how did they inform you about the file has been transferred to the desire VO and this 2 months was counted in the processing time.

thanks
I actually emailed (and mailed them 2 weeks later) the wrong VO asking them to transfer it to the VO we needed.. So they replied about 3 months later telling me that they have already transferred it a month earlier. I think those 2 months are not counted in our processing time because it was all a mistake... That was meant not to happen.. ::)

Message the Islamabad VO and ask for a transfer of files to the London VO ... it may work.

Kuudir2

hafiz_faiq

Jun 25, 2013
Hi Kuudir2

I have already asked CPP-Ottawa because my case is in process in Ottawa but in SA it says to contact Islamabad but its for sure the case is in Ottawa they confirmed.

So what should I do just relax and wait to see?

thanks

Kuudir2

Star Member
Jan 7, 2013
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 15/2013
AOR Received.
February 28/2013
File Transfer...
March 21/2013
Med's Done....
August 5/2012
Interview........
None requested
VISA ISSUED...
March 30/2014
LANDED..........
May 15/2015 (AAAAH)
hafiz_faiq said:
Hi Kuudir2

I have already asked CPP-Ottawa because my case is in process in Ottawa but in SA it says to contact Islamabad but its for sure the case is in Ottawa they confirmed.

So what should I do just relax and wait to see?

thanks
Well... I guess the best you can do now is wait and see. Because I really don't know anything else you can do at this point. Maybe more experienced members can give you other advice, I'm really sorry! :(

You have tried your best, so just relax and let it all work itself out!

Take Care,
Kuudir2