+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need Help on SOWP for my Husband

picnic88

Sep 3, 2014
Hello All..

I have a big confusion.. As an International student I got my visa approved on may 2015 for fall 2015. That's good now I am getting married by next month ( June-2015) before I leave India ( Marriage date was pre-fixed). Now I wants to take my husband along with me while I am travelling to Canada.

Now my ques's are following -

1. After the marriage registration, Can I apply for him Open Work Permit from India itself by showing my student visa approval
2. If Yes, Than is there any chance to raise fraudulent marriage issue in vo's mind as I applied student visa as single than we got married and now applying for Open work Permit for spouse
3. If No, Can I take him with me as my husband on visitor visa and at the airport We can apply for his Open Work Permit or wait till I get SIN
4. As a Visitor visa Do he need to apply separate ( not showing me) for quick and easy approval and after enter Canada based on our marriage certificate he can apply for Open Work Permit? OR During Visitor Visa file it'd be good to show me as his wife, So later immigration officer will not raise any doubt
5. How many days time need to get Open Work Permit?

Kindly reply..So that I can take step for him as early as possible

th3.rdx

Jul 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Donèt misrepresent CIC with any fake information , it can cause a 5 year ban or immediate refusal.

In your case , you are thinking of living with your husban in Canada . So, you might have to fill out the marriage dates after some time when you apply for PR or Citizenship.

So, donnt take any foolish step bt misrepresenting .

1. As far as i know , dont put any extra applications for your husband on your basis until you reach Canada . As you said , marriage was pre-fixed and everyone knows marriage dont occur suddenly , so now you shouldnt put any application for him.

2. He can always apply for a TRV on his own . If he is eligible , he will get the visa .

3. It is a bit tough for you to sponsor your husband or invite him to come to Canada when you are on a study permit . You have to show your own fee + how you can support host + source of income .

4. Or you can wait until you can get work permit or PR .

picnic88

Sep 3, 2014
Thanks all to reply me...I understand that I shouldn't do any mistake in this stage while I am in still in India..But I think I must give correct info to CIC regarding my marriage..

When I got my student visa that time I was single so I can't give info abt my future husband while filled my visa and After 2 months of getting my visa, my marriage will be held( I filled visa on 20th may & got it 26th may while my marriage will be on july 30th). So once marriage done before I leave India I think I must update this info to CIC to make it easy & clear.. SO once I reach there my husband can apply for open work permit directly from India

Kindly advice