+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need help in understanding these IRCC portal Statuses

Jul 12, 2022
Hello, I am from Philippines and I applied online for a visitor visa to visit my parents in Canada via IRCC portal. I submitted my application on June 23, 2022, got the Biometrics Invitation on June 24 and was able to submit it and also got the biometrics updated on the same day, June 27. After that, I never got any messages which I understand due to the volume of applications.

Now, I just want to know what's my specific status at this point based on what appears on my account.

Application status We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.

Latest update: Biometrics - June 27, 2022: Completed.

Review of eligibility Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility.

Review of medical results You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.

Review of additional documents We do not need additional documents.

Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.

Biometrics June 27, 2022 Completed.

Background check We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.

Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Am I currently on background check since it says there that they are processing it? I'm getting anxious and just wanna know if my application is somehow moving or not.

ryvinson

Star Member
Apr 26, 2019
Hello, I am from Philippines and I applied online for a visitor visa to visit my parents in Canada via IRCC portal. I submitted my application on June 23, 2022, got the Biometrics Invitation on June 24 and was able to submit it and also got the biometrics updated on the same day, June 27. After that, I never got any messages which I understand due to the volume of applications.

Now, I just want to know what's my specific status at this point based on what appears on my account.

Application status We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.

Review of eligibility Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility.

Review of medical results You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.

Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.

Background check We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.

Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Am I currently on background check since it says there that they are processing it? I'm getting anxious and just wanna know if my application is somehow moving or not.
It’s exactly what it says in “application status” and “final decision,” meaning your application is under review, including “background check.” Check the IRCC site for the processing time for your country for estimated waiting time.

sani.ph

Jul 25, 2022
h

Hi. how's your application? I'm from Philippines too and applied TRV last May 25 for my family and June 26 for my brother-in-law ( which was refused after 1 wk by new IRCC portal)
by checking your post, your review of eligibility haven't started yet but do you have any updates for the review of eligibility if it has changed?

Winner_

Star Member
Jun 28, 2022

did u get any updates ?, My mom's application has the same status

Jul 12, 2022
h

Hi. how's your application? I'm from Philippines too and applied TRV last May 25 for my family and June 26 for my brother-in-law ( which was refused after 1 wk by new IRCC portal)
by checking your post, your review of eligibility haven't started yet but do you have any updates for the review of eligibility if it has changed?
No update yet even on the eligibility. All my status still the same.

sani.ph

Jul 25, 2022
h

Our visa Approved after 77 days in new IRCC portal from May 25

Reactions: wings149